Recommendation For 3G Sim Card Wifi Router

aerobicsc

Reaction score
I am looking for a good Wifi Router to put a 3G Sim card in so that I can use as a portable Wifi hub.. any recommendations.. hopefully not too expensive..

Thanks.:)

aileen99

Master Member
Reaction score
Huawei one quite good, been using one, one thing the battery last for about 4 hours only.

lockks

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I using huawei e5s. Using it now. $150 with 2 batt. I bought from a hardware forumer.

rachdanon

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
In you are not in rush to buy, can wait for 4G modem come out ;)

Come to think about it, when LTE arrives in sg, and you can use this or a hp as hot spot with ac adaptor, why need fixed line internet...hmmmm. . Don't know. . .

aerobicsc

Reaction score
Found A Few Other Options.. I think might be Cheaper

Haven't got the full price yet.. hope it will be cheaper..

From Aztech HW553 (Just the router) $59.. so need to get a 3G SIM Card USB Donggle.. not sure how much the donggle will cost..

And the other options from Pro Link
Donggle - PHS101 and 3G Router - PWH2004
Have yet to find out price.. hopefully its cheaper..

Pro of the above 2 options.. I can use the Donggle for my MacBook Pro.. and also the Donggle and 3G Router outside for iPad2..

:)

aerobicsc

Reaction score
Anyone Using These 3G Wifi Solutions?

Hi Anyone using these 3G Wifi Donggol and Router? Any comments on performance?

A. Aztech HW553 (Router)
B. Donggle - PHS101 and 3G Router - PWH2004

Thanks.

EV1L

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi, just a precautionary from me. If you are using a micro-sim, it may damage your 3g stick when you remove the sim card. My 3g stick got damage (sim contact pin broke) when i try to remove the sim card and somehow, the contact pin got caught in the slightly recessed gap between the micro-sim and the adaptor.

zeroflame

Master Member
Reaction score
i bought Aztech HW553 for my dad..signal is strong and stable.

btw, it not battery operated. U need to plug in the adapter to power socket.

bkbatboy

Reaction score
I got this singtel broadband USB stick. However when I leave my computer idle it will drop connection. Any1 got idea why or have similar problem? And also will I be able to get static ip with mobile broadband?

Last edited:

DAREN771

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
3_0.jpg

I am using this engenius 3g router...it works for me $79 bought at IT show. RP is $99. I can use it when travelling too. It needs a broadband stick to plug into the usb port and has a rj45 port for lan cable. It can use up to 4 hours...if more just plug into a laptop to recharge while having the internet not interrupted.

Link:
http://www.engeniustech.com.sg/node/355

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.