Online Shopping SCAM

• Have you been Scammed?
    Follow this advisory from National Crime Prevention Council (NCPC) on the next steps you can take. More info

lousylah

Reaction score
sg.bestbuy-world.com

Bought brand-name cosmetic for gf through the above site a couple of times.

Cheap, fast and good.

aikinnuk

Reaction score
thebait.livejournal.com
which sells male clothes

recently bought some shirt and pants quality was not bad and cheap also you guys might wanna check it out

flolest

Reaction score
ASOS

People buying from Asos.com from Singapore pleas do take not that changing yhe currency to US dollars or Australian (AUD) dollars will increase the price by at least 5 dollars when converted. shop with the great Britain pound (GBP). it is cheaper for the same product. doubtful? try this for yourself open currency converter and convert the same item when listed as GBP and US or AUD dollars. viola!

aikseah7

Reaction score
wanderwit.com not bad for shopping. Only accept fund transfer which are the safest.

CarlisleSG

Reaction score
Wow, I'm new here and found this great topic. I'm sure I'll love it here.

Btw, thanks for all these sites. This greatly helped with my search. Thanks!

booklover

Reaction score
i think nowadays we must be careful with online shopping. i've tried tarazz and so far so gd.:s7:
Yes I do agree! Even though online shopping is very common now it's not very safe. I personally usually shop from the big name online sites which have more reputation and credentials. For instance, I often buy my books from Acmamall.com, Bookdepository, Amazon, online shopping sites with more credentials and reliability.

itraveladdict

Reaction score
thanks for sharing! this is really good info! I nv ever join spree after feeling so cheated by the quality and size of the clothes that are totally diff from the photos or whatever details stated.

carandcars

Reaction score
Topmost reason why I don't like doing shopping online unless they're from credible suppliers. I got scammed too many times and they're really really depressing. You work all day,blood and sweat then all boils down to that.

CarlisleSG

Reaction score
Thank you for the information guys. i will also tell my relatives & friends about this..

jhchoo85

Reaction score
It's really scary of how many online scams there are.. I've seen and experienced some myself. Try to go for the more reliable sites.

morkutao

Reaction score
People buying from Asos.com from Singapore pleas do take not that changing yhe currency to US dollars or Australian (AUD) dollars will increase the price by at least 5 dollars when converted. shop with the great Britain pound (GBP). it is cheaper for the same product. doubtful? try this for yourself open currency converter and convert the same item when listed as GBP and US or AUD dollars. viola!

yeah, this is true! anyway, so when we comfirm our payment, how much payment will my bank be deducted? assuming
GBP 14 > SGD is 27, similarly for
23.98 AUD > 31.2900 SGD

morkutao

Reaction score
anyway, which form of payment do u guys use?
is it ok to use posb debit card?

morkutao

Reaction score
Best to either use paypal or credit card. So you can still dispute if things go wrong

oh... is it ok to use this one?
jq3hy0.jpg

edited : cause i rarely do online shopping.. wanna purchase some stuffs from asos.com :)

morkutao

Reaction score
Paypal is easy to use

ok... just signed up for one, gonna try using it now! thanks bro :)

edited : omg! must my name tele my posb bank book/debit card name?
for example my name is ho xxxx xxx
and i put ho xxxxxxx without leaving the space in between, will it still be valid?

Last edited:

Tweetguy

Reaction score
I got scammed too many times and they're really really depressing. You work all day,blood and sweat then all boils down to that.:s13:

PRIMROSES

Reaction score
Hello... its sad to see how people are getting scams every time.. shouldn't buy stuffs without payment verified methods.

I always shop at asos.com, forever21.com, cheesyfriday.com and more etc...

as for blog shops... hmmm. its hard to purchase as they don't normally use paypal... so its hard right if anything goes wrong

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.