Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

jackie0

Master Member
Reaction score
just pm u the no: good luck ... btw i learn from mr ong only from dec 27 to feb 23. On 23 is my tp

NanFiFi

Reaction score
Hi guys! i taking my TP 9.15am on 29 June at SSDC!!
Private student.. Manual (nissan Sunny)
I take 17 lesson already..
First time TP!, any tips for SSDC test routes!? =]]
pls share =]

I learn from SOH BENG KIAT From Woodlands Driving School.
He's okay. Very singlish but he really does tell you what you should look out for and he is very patient. He will always remind you on safety procedures. I also find that his explanation is very detailed. Usual Pick up is woodlands mrt.

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! i taking my TP 9.15am on 29 June at SSDC!!
Private student.. Manual (nissan Sunny)
I take 17 lesson already..
First time TP!, any tips for SSDC test routes!? =]]
pls share =]

I learn from SOH BENG KIAT From Woodlands Driving School.
He's okay. Very singlish but he really does tell you what you should look out for and he is very patient. He will always remind you on safety procedures. I also find that his explanation is very detailed. Usual Pick up is woodlands mrt.

test route not sure coz im not from there

important things is like whatever u do, u MUST make sure the tester see u doing it
like checking blind spot... u must turn ur head very obvious and not juz turn abit...
also check the back mirror more often... make sure u move ur head up to look at it...

ubiqz1

Reaction score
HI, I have been retested for a few times already and the problem is mostly with my filtering and poor sense of judgement. Wld like to give myself 1 last chance by changing an instructor since this one dun seem to help in correcting my mistake.

Can anyone recommend private instructor for ubi test centre, who is good at correcting mistakes like mine pls? Thks.

shusgoldenguns

Reaction score
Manual PDI

I'm also currently sourcing for an instructor around bbdc area. Im taking manual. Do let me know if there's any good instructor ya'll know of!

bball21

Master Member
Reaction score
lol

anyone can recommend a private driving instructor @ ssdc woodlands...best if patient and friendly..

cstrikecz

Reaction score
Mr David, SSDC, auto Honda City, quite a new car. He is very patient, friendly and communicates with you every now and then during practice. $45 for an hour and 30 minutes. His contact number - 97120290

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if anyone need manual PDI can try my instructor
his car very nice to drive

Mr Chua 92373828
Car: Mitsubishi Lancer GLX

sinmeetmk2

Reaction score
Mr David, SSDC, auto Honda City, quite a new car. He is very patient, friendly and communicates with you every now and then during practice. $45 for an hour and 30 minutes. His contact number - 97120290

$45 Dollars is for day driving? he charged me $48 for night. is there an initial payment for $50 for learning?

zuldevil

Reaction score
anybody knows Mr Yap number for ssdc woodland he teach auto can pm me thanks

Holy $hit, I hope you are not talking about the same Yap I learned from way back when. An Albert Yap, from Woodlands Driving School. I shared my experience learning from him here: http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showpost.php?p=42123687&postcount=375, quoted below:

I was with Albert Yap from Woodlands Driving School for 4 lessons before I quitted. Hope this serves as a warning for whoever is thinking of enrolling with him. Standard enrollment fee of S$50 and charges S$39 per 1.5 hours. In my 4 lessons with him, these are what he did to piss me off :

1. Watched a portable TV while I was driving.
  2. Read newspaper while I was driving.
  3. Talked on the phone for 50% of one of the lessons while I was driving.
  4. Told me to, but didn't tell me how to, U-turn until I asked and he took too long to explain until I was already U-turning.
  5. Wasn't clear with some of his instructions.
  6. Likes to scold. I didn't pay you S$39 per 1.5 hrs for you to scold me, ffs.

My younger brother was learning with him also. He told me that there was once, he waited until my brother reached the chevrons before telling him and forcing him to turn left.

Last edited:

valuesniper

Reaction score

zero_88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i learn from mr ong 10 lesson jui pass tp liao 1 lesson 1 hour 30 min

my gf learn from mr ong 10 lesson 1 hour all the way also pass tp liao

all happy driving outside liao haha

yea yea..I hope I can pass in 10 lesson...

cos I really cannot commit too many days...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.