My US trip

alexljy

Reaction score
U rented a car from Vegas to Utah 1 way? or u went back to vegas after Bryce Canyon. I saw few cars around, the 1 way drop fees expensive wo

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
U rented a car from Vegas to Utah 1 way? or u went back to vegas after Bryce Canyon. I saw few cars around, the 1 way drop fees expensive wo

Returned the car in Vegas before taking flight to Chicago. Not one way. However, I think the car is a one way car. The plates are California. Someone must have got it from CA, drove to Vegas and dumped it there.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Is that Dungeness crab in your salad at Swan Depot?
How is it different from the Sri Lankan or Hokkaido? (the only 2 types of crab i have ever eaten =p )

Dunno what crab is in there. Just ate it all up. Got the natural fishy smell. They just boiled the caught crab in seawater.

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Driving into the tunnel on the Mt Carmel-Zion Highway into Zion NP.

apUmm.jpg

Nu5mw.jpg

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dining at Bottega at Napa Valley.

41qin.jpg

YfavS.jpg

This basically sashimi on a cold block of sea salt.

XECcZ.jpg

Duck.

TdAUF.jpg

Pasta.

iPE4T.jpg

Beef.

fccmb.jpg

Baked Fish Kosher.

kVP66.jpg

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dining at Roy's San Francisco. Wife rates it best on our SF leg.

Wonderful stuff.

YEe8e.jpg

Cso5y.jpg

pz3vb.jpg

Desserts. Cashew Pie/tart.

j8AIZ.jpg

Chocolate souffle. The sweetness is really powerful. Wife cannot tahan.

PTsDt.jpg

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eiffel Tower Restaurant in Las Vegas. Booked it the moment I landed in SF. Reservations need to be a week in advance.

You take the lift up and once the lift opens the kitchen is seen.

BLNXH.jpg

Took the 7 course taster menu.

Some asparagus appetizer. Really good.

JsLkK.jpg

Small little appetizer entrees. The left-most is foie gras.

DlttF.jpg

Cream of artichoke soup.

iUodo.jpg

Prawns with basil

ZOSnc.jpg

Fish.

kvkjL.jpg

So tempted to take the plate.

DhcEy.jpg

The veal.

SoeSJ.jpg

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The desserts at Eiffel Tower Restaurant.

Raspberry dessert. Super sweet.

gzrYC.jpg

Passionfruit dessert. Overpoweringly sweet.

GiFjG.jpg

A view of this passionfruit dessert with the Paris globe through the window. The small cube bits are pineapple from the pineapple champagne sauce.

GTZyF.jpg

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dining in Skokie.

This is Ken's Diner. The restaurant is divided into two parts. The meaty side and the dairy side which caters to our Jewish hosts who require kosher food.

MW9MJ.jpg

Chicago deep dish pizza.

lSMZi.jpg

Nachos.

Flx0f.jpg

Quesidellas.

zaUJZ.jpg

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Was eating at this food court in Macy's. Now this is a real ballet school. Lots of young girls learning.

L5s6C.jpg

Interesting car plate on my way to Coralville.

HYfl8.jpg

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Eating at Fuddruckers.

I got elk burger. Wife took a whole buffalo burger.

jL528.jpg

Buffalo burger

xtWAS.jpg

My elk burger.

UbYJB.jpg

Kobe burger.

afzEt.jpg

Inside Fuddruckers. The salad/condiment bar is to the left. Basically the burgers come "naked" and you dress them up with whatever you like. Just like what you saw above in the photos. Ingredients very fresh.

O0CRX.jpg

This the wireless buzzer. You order and pay. Then they start cooking your burger patties. So it is freshly cooked. Once finished, this buzzer will vibrate for you to go over an pick it up.

QSKLq.jpg

Every Fuddruckers is it's own bakery. All the sandwich buns are baked at the outlet.

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bellagio Fountains videos.

Consider this. Sentosa Musical Fountain have to pay to watch. This is free from the street level. SG tourism really CMI save for our zoo.

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
San Francisco cable car ride from the bottom of Lombard St to Union Sq. Video is still processing when I left it. Should be OK by now.

The cool lever man who did the musical number with his bell. Posed for my wife.

WYyyH.jpg

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Some shots of SF.

This is the VSC at Union Sq. I went inside. It is FREAKING HUGE. The posters damn steam.

oXR1l.jpg

Didn't take pictures inside. Not nice but maybe I see until drool.

9th St. A real SF neighborhood instead of Union Sq or Fisherman's Wharf. Note the fog above. It is common to have fog like Genting in SF.

eJz0x.jpg

This is Irving St. Was told that if you want good Chinese food, Japanese or Korean, come here instead of Japantown or Chinatown which have prices and tastes tuned to tourists.

xt5W1.jpg

The Muni street car that brought me to the California Academy of Sciences which passed by Irving St and 9th St.

WnFfn.jpg

After visiting the Academy of Sciences, went to drink smoothies and iced fruit drinks from Jamha. Very nice stuff. Saw them stuffing fruit and blending them.

Ez8WV.jpg

Last edited:

genie47

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OK Suckiest food ever tasted in the US?

It will be Wendy's. The SG Wendy's suck and the US Wendy's suck just as bad. Should be closed down for feeding us this kind of crap. In-and-Out FTW!

Cheapest but tastiest food in the US when you are pressed and need a bite? Subway!

Seriously their Subway is very good. If you are just looking for a cheaper sandwich which is packed with fresh ingredients, Subway is everywhere. In fact they got more outlets than McD's. I think this has to do with the chain being a franchise.

Due to the Green Lantern movie, they have the AH-Vah-CA-Doh promotion. You can have avacado on anything for a price. Really made the sandwiches all the more tastier. Wife very upset SG Subway don't have avacado promotion and we also have Green Lantern movie here too. For breakfast there, they make scrambled eggs and omelette on the spot to go onto the sandwiches. Ate at the Subway just across the road from Luxor on my first day there. Somehow not impressed by the buffet at Luxor or Excalibur so didn't buy it.

While over there, if you have never tasted Dr Pepper, I suggest you do. You may or may not like it. I had Dr Pepper at all the fastfood meals I had.

My colleagues didn't like it. Says it tastes like cough syrup. Visitors from India don't like it. The only people drinking it like water were me and some guy from Texas because Dr Pepper is the soft drink of Texas.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.