Univeristy Of Wollongong (SIM) future/current/students come in!!!

Dr. Sbaitso

Master Member
Reaction score
hey guys, what are the books I should study now to prepare for year 3 ? Thanks in advance ;)

UOW lecturers aren't "big on books" because everything can be found on the internet. Better to try to get lecture notes in advance from others and do any googling you need. But...you have to know some seniors first =/

Why the time table got T1A & T1B? Which is the correct day to attend?

That means tutorial class is split into 2 and you only need to attend the one which you are assigned to. Tutorial grouping should be out by end of this week.

Hi all, I have a dip in IT from a local poly. Currently thinking of applying for BIT and most likely will be offered direct entry into year 3. But thinking of starting from year 2 or 2.5 instead as my programming is weak.

What year 2 modules will prepare me for year 3?

Any advice from seniors?

All the bridging modules + 212 will be very useful. Other year 2 modules also good to learn but I wouldn't say they are crucial. 201 is a waste of time if you cannot appreciate philosophy.

daldrome

Reaction score
CSCI203 Algorithms and Data Structures
CSCI212 Interacting Systems
CSCI222 Systems Development
CSCI205 Software Development Methods & Tools

I know this subjects will have programming involved but what language will be used?

Dr. Sbaitso

Master Member
Reaction score
CSCI203 Algorithms and Data Structures
CSCI212 Interacting Systems
CSCI222 Systems Development
CSCI205 Software Development Methods & Tools

I know this subjects will have programming involved but what language will be used?

203, 222 - C++
212 - C, Bash
205 no programming from what I heard.

Ice_Milo1987

Master Member
Reaction score
Standard of UOW students getting higher. Last sem even got classmates who finished their assignment before school started. UOW is scary. :(

be4 sch start u dun even know wad r ur assignments. likely they are repeat students

sbaitso wad modules u taking tis sem?

Dr. Sbaitso

Master Member
Reaction score
be4 sch start u dun even know wad r ur assignments. likely they are repeat students

sbaitso wad modules u taking tis sem?

No the assignments were released a week before school started. :s13:

Taking 322 and 361 this sem. Already about 1/3 through the 361 notes on my own! But been neglecting 322 which is impossible to study imo.

daldrome

Reaction score
Just one last question: if I go to year 3, is it possible to survive only on C++ or do I need to know java as well?

mahoken

Master Member
Reaction score
No the assignments were released a week before school started. :s13:

Taking 322 and 361 this sem. Already about 1/3 through the 361 notes on my own! But been neglecting 322 which is impossible to study imo.

wa means u in the 2.20 since monday evening?

Ice_Milo1987

Master Member
Reaction score
in 203,y does japit use array notation starting from 1 and not 0? who the hell does that already........:s27: damn inconvienent

Dr. Sbaitso

Master Member
Reaction score
322 assignment 2 damn chim lo.. =(

Yeah. :(
I wanted to complete it by this Tuesday but I think will have to shift to Sunday lol.
I don't know a lot of these command line things.

Yeah... Cannot understand what he want us to do. Not sure the tutor will provide any insight?

Basically do workings, explanations and give him the answer. I think how much insight you get depends on which tutor you got. :s13:

wa i do lab 1 want to die liao u all so advanced already.

Ideally you should complete the first 2 labs and assignments by the third week before you start reading your other module's assignments. You need to push harder. :o

errr... I want to print my notes where do I go? Very new haven't got time to explore

Comp lab or the printing station in the new SIM building.

in 203,y does japit use array notation starting from 1 and not 0? who the hell does that already........:s27: damn inconvienent

First time heard of lecturer using 1 as starting array index. :s13:

mahoken

Master Member
Reaction score
322 needs c/c++ knowledge one ar? i working on the lab one and to test the build essential is working , a c/c++ file need to be created to ensure that it is working... argh...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.