The Travel Insurance Promotion Thread

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
http://www.visagoexplore.com/travel/PromoListing?catID=0&promoID=644&ctryID=SG&locale=en_AP
:)

Be assured of a relaxing holiday with AXA's SmartTraveller, a travel insurance specially tailored for Visa cardholders.

Privileges

• 30% discount on SmartTraveller travel insurance
  • H1N1 quarantine benefit
  • Extreme sports cover for bungee jumping, para-sailing, jet boating etc.
  • Covers you for the unauthorized use from your Loss of Credit Card whilst overseas
  • Hotel over-booking benefit
  • Car rental over-booking benefit
  • New policy enhancement: Up to $200 for Loss of Use of Entertainment ticket
Promotion Period
Now to 31 December 2012.

Terms and conditions apply.

Purchase Now »

(Note: booking system currently works for Internet Explorer 6 and 7, on a Windows-based PC only. Upgrades are in development.)

or

if you are a Singapore's BOC Creditcard member; visit
http://www.sg.cntaiping.com/chinainsB2C/products/travelsingle_aseanplan.htm
and input promo code: BOCTS01 and save 35% on single trip plan (normally 25% off) or 25% off Annual trip(s) plan.

The VISA-AXA deal is nice.

Asure7

Master Member
Reaction score
actually after comparing a few, using Tenet (with no discount) as the benchmark....
after the so called "discounts", the price is about the same across different insurers, if u adjust for roughly the same coverage.

Unless you are only looking at the cheapest priced basic plan and don't really bother about the amount of coverage you get.

foreveru13

Master Member
Reaction score
UOB travel insurance, when trying to apply i saw..

Premium Amount:SGD 45.00
Discount Amount:SGD 9.00
Discount: 20.00 %
Chargeable Premium: SGD 36.00

its for myself, 5day trip, i read the while PDF file, covers most medical things, hijack, natural disasters that cause the trip to be delayed, lost items (the section seems doubtful, they won't pay if items are lost with the airline, unattended, mysterious circumstances, like totally fool-proof) and of course, trip delay:

SECTION 14 – TRAVEL DELAY
If the departure of the Scheduled Public Conveyance in which you had arranged to travel is delayed for at least six (6) consecutive hours from the
time specified in the itinerary supplied to you due to strike/industrial action, adverse weather conditions or mechanical breakdown/derangement
of that Scheduled Public Conveyance, or due to interruption of the Trip of that Scheduled Public Conveyance as a result of mechanical or
structural defects, we will pay:

seems good right? like, if the airline says due to maintence or checks, it should be insurable ain't it?
good or no good?

Arcanell

Reaction score
seems good right? like, if the airline says due to maintence or checks, it should be insurable ain't it?
good or no good?

that is, if it is for 6 consecutive hours which is highly unlikely for airlines to take that long. They usually have standby airplanes which will be replace when there's problem...

kendoarts

Master Member
Reaction score
UOB travel insurance, when trying to apply i saw..

Premium Amount:SGD 45.00
Discount Amount:SGD 9.00
Discount: 20.00 %
Chargeable Premium: SGD 36.00

its for myself, 5day trip, i read the while PDF file, covers most medical things, hijack, natural disasters that cause the trip to be delayed, lost items (the section seems doubtful, they won't pay if items are lost with the airline, unattended, mysterious circumstances, like totally fool-proof) and of course, trip delay:

SECTION 14 – TRAVEL DELAY
If the departure of the Scheduled Public Conveyance in which you had arranged to travel is delayed for at least six (6) consecutive hours from the
time specified in the itinerary supplied to you due to strike/industrial action, adverse weather conditions or mechanical breakdown/derangement
of that Scheduled Public Conveyance, or due to interruption of the Trip of that Scheduled Public Conveyance as a result of mechanical or
structural defects, we will pay:

good or no good?

I think you are refering to UOI. (http://www2.uobgroup.com/uobtravel/insurance/insurance_index.html)

TrueB1ue

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since the annual insurance cost $88, isn't it more worth it to buy as compared to single trip. any negative feedback on that?

Panerex

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
since the annual insurance cost $88, isn't it more worth it to buy as compared to single trip. any negative feedback on that?

$88 for annual plan..after looking at the features and coverage, it pales in comparison to the rest...unless you are really looking for low basic coverage.

bayugiri78

Reaction score
I am looking for a travel insurance, but i am already overseas. All insurance companies i have checked require the insurance to be purchased prior leaving Singapore.

Any info which insurance I can buy?

Thank you.

excalibur324

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wah.. 88 annual? i dont think the coverage not tt good.

i bought a 5 weeks insurance Asia only around $83

mambofever

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
im using the Ace Insurance $88 yearly one. I think quite ok, the features rather standard.

The key factors u should worry abt travel insurance should be baggage claims, theft, flight delays and medical bills.

I think they are fairly ok.

Lord_Kang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi. If I get the travel insurance in Singapore, does it covers the transit flights/rails overseas? As in going multiple destinations in Europe..

derazor

Banned
Reaction score
Any insurance promo during NATAS? Going US in October. Considering an annual package as well.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.