A Song of Ice and Fire: Game of Thrones (HBO)

Xerynn

Reaction score
Yup you're right. Season 1 covers all events that happened in Book 1 - Game of Thrones.

Season 2 will cover the 2nd book - A Clash of Kings. The 2nd book is significantly longer so let's hope we get more episodes.

Season 2 is expected to be in 2012.. so it'll not be anytime soon, maybe 1 year from now?

Did anyone read the book? I would like to know if 'Book 1: Game of Thrones' is already summarized into this 10 episodes - leaving S2 to start with the next book?

Short but sweet.

DotaMaster

Reaction score
Quite a few scenes were removed though. Most of the dreams and visions kind of stuff were not there, maybe cause they don't have the CGI budget.

I read the books after episode 9... cannot stand the wait for one week to find out what happens :) Now half way through second book already. Definitely worth the read!

Xerynn

Reaction score
Yah sorry I meant that the season covers the span of Book 1. Good that you picked up the books - they're really awesome. Currently into my 2nd re-read, haha :s22:

twofoursix - he just finished book 5, it's coming out in 2 weeks. I hope the TV show will make it that far..

Jerry007

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting for the blu-ray! Oh well, will download the book in Kindle during the interim.

Xerynn

Reaction score
Casting news - with the show cancelled, two 'Camelot' alumni are now being considered/in discussions for roles in GoT season 2 (Source: http://twitter.com/CliveStanden)

This is exciting news indeed..

edit: apparently 1 actor is from Camelot, and the other is from another movie/show about Camelot (King Arthur?)

Last edited:

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Game of Thrones has been nominated for 13 Emmy Awards including Outstanding Drama Series, Outstanding Casting for a Drama Series & Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series (Peter Dinklage).

In other news, the latest installment in the novel titled "A Dance With Dragons" was released yesterday.

Doomsday

Reaction score
The latest book is out. I bought and downloaded "Dance with Dragons" on my iPad 2. Enjoy!

rECKleSSfElla

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Tablet size screen just nice for reading ebooks....i tried reading game of thrones on my handphone and by the time i finish prologue already have headache:D. Went to NeX NLB and checked that they have the 1st 3 books for loan but all 3 on loaned out....guessed that maybe alot of people caught the tv series and went on to read the novels.

fzhfzh

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The book is going downhill though, it seems that it's starting to degenerate into another wheel of time series... 1st book is great, 2nd and 3rd book starts to be a bit draggy, 4th and 5th book is so draggy that i can basically read the last paragraph of each chapter to know what the whole chapter is talking about.

Doomsday

Reaction score
The book is going downhill though, it seems that it's starting to degenerate into another wheel of time series... 1st book is great, 2nd and 3rd book starts to be a bit draggy, 4th and 5th book is so draggy that i can basically read the last paragraph of each chapter to know what the whole chapter is talking about.

Agree about WOT, but can't feel it yet for GOT.
But I do think Martin is going the way of Jordan...i.e. milk the series for all it's worth..haha!

I have to say that after Sanderson took over WOT, the pacing of the story has gone from crawling to sprinting. TGS was very good and TOM was fantastic in my opinion.
Sanderson has improved leaps after his Mistborn Trilogy.

Ivette

Reaction score
Too much sex and violence but still great tv show!
Also great books.

derrick_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its an awesome show. I love the first season so much I went forth to get all 4 books because I cant wait to read what happens next...

derrick_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too much sex and violence? You sure u were not watching Spartacus instead? :s22:

I think he meant compared against other regular shows.:s13::s13:

Compared against Spartacus, Games of Thrones look like pokemon. Anyway, I thought the sex scene Game of Thrones were less relevant to the storyline as compared to those in Spartacus. GoT look like inserting sex scenes for the sake of it.

Not that I am complaining, I just wish there were more of Daenerys :(:(

enrell69

Reaction score
I think he meant compared against other regular shows.:s13::s13:

Compared against Spartacus, Games of Thrones look like pokemon. Anyway, I thought the sex scene Game of Thrones were less relevant to the storyline as compared to those in Spartacus. GoT look like inserting sex scenes for the sake of it.

Not that I am complaining, I just wish there were more of Daenerys :(:(
fantasy genre mah..stories of knights and dragons will have castles, chlvalry, monsters and seks !!

anyways how cum the season only got 10 episodes ??!!?! its like 1/3 of a normal season lei...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.