Not sure which coach to try or take it out?? Here are the top 5 coaches

dreamer75

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i booked transtar z-star. think this is the only available one for overnight. don't think premium coaches got do overnight.

i think z-star lowest grade le. solitaire, first class and premium all better class. got upper deck plus in-bus attendant. z-star don't have.

How much is z-star? 27 seater?

Can't see the rate online.

AEP5001

Reaction score
i booked transtar z-star. think this is the only available one for overnight. don't think premium coaches got do overnight.

i think z-star lowest grade le. solitaire, first class and premium all better class. got upper deck plus in-bus attendant. z-star don't have.

iirc Premium got do overnight. but it's a SD.

vaxvms

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how much? Which type of transtar coach?

Im looking to book a coach to genting too.

Dunno which to choose.

got budget take transtar....SOLITURE coach hor
no regrets~~~~

their FIRST CLASS also not bad

but SIN-GEN all by SOLITURE

m1kid85

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Can advise which coach is the most budget and value for money to go Genting?

I find the cheapest is starmart $35. Any feedback on this coach?

or

Should I go to Johore to take coach cheaper but cant save a lot money?

Denikeve

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Can advise which coach is the most budget and value for money to go Genting?

I find the cheapest is starmart $35. Any feedback on this coach?

or

Should I go to Johore to take coach cheaper but cant save a lot money?

try 707. paid $28 per way to genting for their night coach at 730pm.

of course if u wan save money, the cheapest is to take bus to JB then change bus to KL then change bus again to genting. at most 20sgd.

tekster

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Here's my review.

Sin-kl by transtar premium z-star. Overnight trip. Board11.30pm, arrived 4am.

Very comfy and clean. I believe the seats are cocoon type. Able to lower down without affecting the people at the back. Same type of seats as solitaire. overall very pleased with it.

Kl-sin by transtar premium. Board 4pm reached 9ish due to jam and traffic accident.

Premium is like older and more worn. Really is worse but probably better than those fabric type of coach. I'd probably avoid this if given the choice. Nevertheless, still a pleasant ride and cheap at sgd33.

KoChi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anybody know what bus to take from malacca to sin? Where to buy the tickets ? Can board at hotel equaltoral?

buswhiz

Reaction score
To get the best price, you are advised to go to Melaka Sentral to take bus from Mlk to Singapore. There are plenty of buses, like Delima Express, S&S Express, 707 express..

AEP5001

Reaction score
Here's my review.

Sin-kl by transtar premium z-star. Overnight trip. Board11.30pm, arrived 4am.

Very comfy and clean. I believe the seats are cocoon type. Able to lower down without affecting the people at the back. Same type of seats as solitaire. overall very pleased with it.

Kl-sin by transtar premium. Board 4pm reached 9ish due to jam and traffic accident.

Premium is like older and more worn. Really is worse but probably better than those fabric type of coach. I'd probably avoid this if given the choice. Nevertheless, still a pleasant ride and cheap at sgd33.

those are the Transtar Premium single-decks. they have been running like 4 years or so alr.

bbmars1128

Reaction score
Just wonder what has happen to the coach services that stop at pasar raykat terminal. Heard that shifted their operating location. Not sure for what reason. Lapan Lapan coach service still stops around

buswhiz

Reaction score
Just wonder what has happen to the coach services that stop at pasar raykat terminal. Heard that shifted their operating location. Not sure for what reason. Lapan Lapan coach service still stops around
The government has announced that all south bound bus service has to move to TBS, all northbound bus service has to move to Pudu raya. So, Pasar Rakyat terminal is closed

sevensomerset

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
share my experience...
took Srimaju $25 7:30AM 27 seaters last month @ golden miles.
When stop for break at Johore - YongPing,
they picked up an Ah Neh and sit beside me(previously vacant).
Reached KL ~2pm.

When bk from KL,
IMO just go TBS and head for the machine auto ticketing system,
go to the counter is waste time only!
tell me cheapest ticket RM70,
the rest all booked,
decided to bite the bullet,
he then tell me all sold out!

Then I go check out the machine end up found RM45 ticket for the same timing!

If take coach from Larkin will be faster or not?
which company more reliable?

Last edited:

cicada8

Reaction score
My Konsortium exp from KL-Sin - terrible!

Was at Bandar Tasik on sunday at abt 1530, tried to get the earliest dep time but all were sold out except for 1700 Konsortium (dbl deck). Lan lan, juz grabbed 2 tickets coz my wife had to work on mon morning.

The seats were ok, a bit creaky when u tried to adjust the back. Started driving at 1710, initially was quite smooth till some on and off jams for abt half an hr. Overall was quite alright until I noticed that every coach bus was overtaking us :s27: Took out my GPS and saw the driver was driving max 93km/h. At the pt, the ETA for Beach Road was ard 9ish.

At 1950, we pulled into a pitstop. We were quite grateful for the stop coz bladders were bursting. Were told we had 30 mins, but ended up moving off after 40 mins. Not too long ltr, the coach stopped by the roadside and exchanged drivers. This driver is another slow coach...juz when we thought the next stop shd be JB customs, the driver pulled into a petrol station to pump petrol, we were beginning to feel WTF!! When r we ever going to reach Beach Road before 10pm.

Agn, by the time we moved off, it was oredi 2105, every coach bus was overtaking us, esp the 707 co, fierce man...they were driving like 120 or more.
Reached Skudai for some dropoff, den Larkin for another dropoff, jammed for abt 15 mins to reach the Customs, cleared JB side and seated in the coach at 2230. Everyone in the coach was either cursing to their partners or cursing silently by now.

Cleared SIN customs at 2300 and the bloody coach took another 10-15 mins to reach the pickup bay. Every other coach that came after us at JB side or ard the same time, left way way earlier than us at SIN. At this pt, we were contemplating taking a cab straight away coz it was really freaking frustrating.

Finally reached Beach Rd at 0010, a freaking 7 hrs ltr. Everyone had no choice except to take cabs and as usual all the cabs were either on call, hired or plain choosy. Took me another 35 mins to reach home which is only 1 MRT stop away!!!

SO bottom line, never ever take Konsortium agn and it's not like we can't afford to take the direct route but there were none. Really really pissed.

Fare 39 RM each
Time taken 7 hrs

buswhiz

Reaction score
share my experience...
took Srimaju $25 7:30AM 27 seaters last month @ golden miles.
When stop for break at Johore - YongPing,
they picked up an Ah Neh and sit beside me(previously vacant).
Reached KL ~2pm.

When bk from KL,
IMO just go TBS and head for the machine auto ticketing system,
go to the counter is waste time only!
tell me cheapest ticket RM70,
the rest all booked,
decided to bite the bullet,
he then tell me all sold out!

Then I go check out the machine end up found RM45 ticket for the same timing!

If take coach from Larkin will be faster or not?
which company more reliable?
Hi, sometime it is not the company fault but the driver who want to earn extra 'kopi' money and this is without the knowledge of the respective bus company. This kind of half way pick up passenger not only happen to Sri maju, but all bus company in this industry as well. Normally, with such situation, we cannot straight away tell the driver, what we can do is to write a complain letter to the bus company..
As for the return ticket from KL to Singapore, too bad, you met this kind of person, luckily you know how to get your ticket back from the automate machine. Try to get from these automate machine in the future.
For Larkin to Melaka/ KL, IMO, the most reliable bus is KKKL Express, Delima Express/Causeway link express. I like their punctuality and they do not suka suka increase the price. As for return ticket from KL to JB, last time I bought KKKL Express at TBS, only to know that the bus is actually delayed for one hour due to not enough loading, then only i know that the KKKL counter at TBS is handled by agent, where they would eye for profit rather than good service. So, in the future, if the counter is handle by agent, beware of the bad service

buswhiz

Reaction score
My Konsortium exp from KL-Sin - terrible!

Was at Bandar Tasik on sunday at abt 1530, tried to get the earliest dep time but all were sold out except for 1700 Konsortium (dbl deck). Lan lan, juz grabbed 2 tickets coz my wife had to work on mon morning.

The seats were ok, a bit creaky when u tried to adjust the back. Started driving at 1710, initially was quite smooth till some on and off jams for abt half an hr. Overall was quite alright until I noticed that every coach bus was overtaking us :s27: Took out my GPS and saw the driver was driving max 93km/h. At the pt, the ETA for Beach Road was ard 9ish.

At 1950, we pulled into a pitstop. We were quite grateful for the stop coz bladders were bursting. Were told we had 30 mins, but ended up moving off after 40 mins. Not too long ltr, the coach stopped by the roadside and exchanged drivers. This driver is another slow coach...juz when we thought the next stop shd be JB customs, the driver pulled into a petrol station to pump petrol, we were beginning to feel WTF!! When r we ever going to reach Beach Road before 10pm.

Agn, by the time we moved off, it was oredi 2105, every coach bus was overtaking us, esp the 707 co, fierce man...they were driving like 120 or more.
Reached Skudai for some dropoff, den Larkin for another dropoff, jammed for abt 15 mins to reach the Customs, cleared JB side and seated in the coach at 2230. Everyone in the coach was either cursing to their partners or cursing silently by now.

Cleared SIN customs at 2300 and the bloody coach took another 10-15 mins to reach the pickup bay. Every other coach that came after us at JB side or ard the same time, left way way earlier than us at SIN. At this pt, we were contemplating taking a cab straight away coz it was really freaking frustrating.

Finally reached Beach Rd at 0010, a freaking 7 hrs ltr. Everyone had no choice except to take cabs and as usual all the cabs were either on call, hired or plain choosy. Took me another 35 mins to reach home which is only 1 MRT stop away!!!

SO bottom line, never ever take Konsortium agn and it's not like we can't afford to take the direct route but there were none. Really really pissed.

Fare 39 RM each
Time taken 7 hrs
Hi, yup, no doubt the bus is travelling very slow, maybe the bus driver is sleepy or tired (or previously kena warning due to speeding, lol). The jam along the way is really frustrating, I guess this is due to long weekend. I think the bus driver stop for 40min is not reasonable and taking petrol halfway is also not right. Thanks for the sharing section. As always, for any long weekend, please book your ticket early to avoid any dissapointment.

tomicaguy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TBS is far out from the city.

IMO, I will avoid Konsortium at all costs.

Any other new premium coaches that don't stop at Yong Peng?

I have taken before Aeroline/Transtar/Luxury/Five Stars/Odyssey. They don't pick up passengers half way in JB or whatever.

Last edited:

buswhiz

Reaction score
From what I know, Starmart Express, Golden Coach Express also do not stop at Yong Peng for break.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.