Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Egoistee

Reaction score
Dear all,

I have bought my Toshiba System 3 from Allbest. With my fancoil and compressor still under warranty, recent 2 of my fancoil broke down.

Toshiba technician came to my house to fix it. But after accessing it, they realised that the problem can from an inferior cabling use by Allbest. Therefore they had to refer this issue back to Allbest.

Today, they got allbest to call me up. And Allbest explain to me that they bought a batch of inferior cables from Toshiba/Carrier Singapore, and they cannot absorb the cost. Therefore they insist of charging me $40/fancoil to change the cable.

How can i go abt to solve this? It is totally unacceptable. They bought something inferior from someone, and they want me to bare the cost.

HuatChaiAh

Reaction score
What System is required for HDB 4 Room?

Hi there,

I am new to the Aircon. I Would like to seek the expert advice over here as to what System is required for HDB 4 room flat? Will it be a System 3 + 1 or System 4? If 3 + 1, need to install additional bracket (outdoor unit)?

For the Living/Dining area, what size btu is required? Is 9,000btu enough for bedrooms?

Last question, I am looking at the Samsung brand. Anyone used Samsung aircon before?

Thank you.

Stevensan

Reaction score
If anyone want to install Midea, can PM mi, i might be able to get a good price for you. I know the agent for Midea.

I am checking with Terumo on the pricing for Midea thru his contact. Anyone else keen on getting? Maybe could get better discount if we buy in bulk? Looking at sys 3 Inverter.

zen131

Reaction score
Hi there,

I am new to the Aircon. I Would like to seek the expert advice over here as to what System is required for HDB 4 room flat? Will it be a System 3 + 1 or System 4? If 3 + 1, need to install additional bracket (outdoor unit)?

For the Living/Dining area, what size btu is required? Is 9,000btu enough for bedrooms?

Last question, I am looking at the Samsung brand. Anyone used Samsung aircon before?

Thank you.

never use a samsung brand before...but heard that many bad feedbacks on condenser unit...

zen131

Reaction score
hehe

I am checking with Terumo on the pricing for Midea thru his contact. Anyone else keen on getting? Maybe could get better discount if we buy in bulk? Looking at sys 3 Inverter.

i would like to, but already promise my friend that i would buy from him...but if the offer is too good to refuse, i would be keen...
thanks...

HarmanK

Reaction score
Fyi.

Went GC IMM for a sys 3 inverter. They are throwing in 4 yrs additional warranty this weekend. Dismantle old set is FOC. Piping no extra charge.

Courts charged me $100 for dismantle. Piping-every feet $8 after 15 metres.

zen131

Reaction score
hmmm....

Fyi.

Went GC IMM for a sys 3 inverter. They are throwing in 4 yrs additional warranty this weekend. Dismantle old set is FOC. Piping no extra charge.

Courts charged me $100 for dismantle. Piping-every feet $8 after 15 metres.

Which brand did u purchase?
:s11:

zzxxzzxx

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am installing this midea brand next week. Wait for my reviews :)
Awaiting For Your Review.

Getting Midea Air Conditioner as well.
6 Years Warranty - Compressor
2 Years Warranty - Parts
1 Year Warranty - Installation

[ Download Midea Air Conditioner Catalogue 2011 Here ]

System 3 Inverter from Gain City Ang Mo Kio Branch

LUNA 9A5
System 3 Inverter - $1929
- M30A21CDN1QC4 ( 21000 BTU ) [ x1 ]
- MS9AI-09CRDN1-QC4 ( 9000 BTU ) [ x2 ]
- MS9AI-12CRDN1-QC4 ( 12000 BTU ) [ x1 ]
Upgrade 1 Fan Coil BTU From 9000 To 12000 - $10
Upgrade To 5 Years Warranty - $299
Upgrade To Armaflex 1/2" For System 3 - $120
Service Contract For 2 Years ( 2 + 3 Services ) - $350
Stainless Steel Bracket - $150 (If needed)

Total: $2858 ( Or $2708 Without S/S Bracket)

12k + 9k (x2) = 30k BTU, but the outdoor unit is only 21k.
Think for system 3, you can opt for the more powerful outdoor unit used by system 4.

Installation will be on 5th August.

Last edited:

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Awaiting For Your Review.

Getting Midea Air Conditioner as well.
6 Years Warranty - Compressor
2 Years Warranty - Parts
1 Year Warranty - Installation

[ Download Midea Air Conditioner Catalogue 2011 Here ]

System 3 Inverter from Gain City Ang Mo Kio Branch

LUNA 9A5
System 3 Inverter - $1929
- M30A21CDN1QC4 ( 21000 BTU ) [ x1 ]
- MS9AI-09CRDN1-QC4 ( 9000 BTU ) [ x2 ]
- MS9AI-12CRDN1-QC4 ( 12000 BTU ) [ x1 ]
Upgrade 1 Fan Coil BTU From 9000 To 12000 - $10
Upgrade To 5 Years Warranty - $299
Upgrade To Armaflex 1/2" For System 3 - $120
Service Contract For 2 Years ( 2 + 3 Services ) - $350
Stainless Steel Bracket - $150 (If needed)

Total: $2858 ( Or $2708 Without S/S Bracket)

12k + 9k (x2) = 30k BTU, but the outdoor unit is only 21k.
Think for system 3, you can opt for the more powerful outdoor unit used by system 4.

Installation will be on 5th August.

Cooling capacity of 21,000 BTU for system 3 is rather sucks dude.. for panasonic/ mitsubishi, you got 25,000 BTU which is more decent... I just check the Database of http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp, and apparently, the Efficiency Ratio of this brand is rather sucks compared to Mitsubishi and Panasonic...

For aircon, I still trust Japanese technology.. China and Korea has a lot to catch on... There is no point buying cheap but paying it heavy in the usage and maintenance... I learnt the hard lesson using LG for only 2.5years

sentosaubin

Reaction score
I'll teach you how simple it is to measure the usage... Go out to your power meter (if you have access), use you stopwatch, and measure the seconds it take from the black dot reaching the middle point to do one rotation (lets call this variable t)

Check your power meter spec. It could say something about 270rotation/Watt or 200rotation/Watt... lets make this a variable W

The Power Consumption (kWh) formula is
= 3600 / (W x t)

Example, my power meter has 270rotation/Watt and it takes 10 seconds to do 1 full rotation when my aircon is turned on (full load)

Power Consumption = 3600 / (270 x 10) = 1.33 kWh

for Part load, it takes like 25 seconds

Power Consumption = 3600 / (270 x 25) = 533 Watt

You will notice that when more appliances are turned on, the faster the meter spins (less t, higher kWh). You can try to turn on 1 fan coil and 2 fan coil, and count the seconds... you will notice that it takes the same time to spin 1 rotation... so 2 fancoil or 1 fancoil, it will take full Power of Outdoor Unit. After all, there is only 1 power plug for aircon, not two or three

from your earlier post, you mentioned measuring the time it takes for one rotation.

is that how you measure?

mark lim

Reaction score
Cooling capacity of 21,000 BTU for system 3 is rather sucks dude.. for panasonic/ mitsubishi, you got 25,000 BTU which is more decent... I just check the Database of http://els.nea.gov.sg/mels/aircon.asp, and apparently, the Efficiency Ratio of this brand is rather sucks compared to Mitsubishi and Panasonic...

For aircon, I still trust Japanese technology.. China and Korea has a lot to catch on... There is no point buying cheap but paying it heavy in the usage and maintenance... I learnt the hard lesson using LG for only 2.5years

agreed. so what if there is warranty. to use it, there is a lot of wasted time involved. and in the end they can always claim that the parts is not covered. then you still have to pay. i rather get quality and pay and save myself the hassle.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
I'll teach you how simple it is to measure the usage... Go out to your power meter (if you have access), use you stopwatch, and measure the seconds it take from the black dot reaching the middle point to do one rotation (lets call this variable t)

Check your power meter spec. It could say something about 270rotation/Watt or 200rotation/Watt... lets make this a variable W

The Power Consumption (kWh) formula is
= 3600 / (W x t)

Example, my power meter has 270rotation/Watt and it takes 10 seconds to do 1 full rotation when my aircon is turned on (full load)

Power Consumption = 3600 / (270 x 10) = 1.33 kWh

for Part load, it takes like 25 seconds

Power Consumption = 3600 / (270 x 25) = 533 Watt

You will notice that when more appliances are turned on, the faster the meter spins (less t, higher kWh). You can try to turn on 1 fan coil and 2 fan coil, and count the seconds... you will notice that it takes the same time to spin 1 rotation... so 2 fancoil or 1 fancoil, it will take full Power of Outdoor Unit. After all, there is only 1 power plug for aircon, not two or three

i see...

did you consider the power consumption of an air-con isn't a constant through-out the operation? i.e. the compressor powers down when the desired temperature is reached.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Well, that's why it is aga2
But when you just switch on the aircon, that is the best way to measure the "Full-Load" temperature

i see...

did you consider the power consumption of an air-con isn't a constant through-out the operation? i.e. the compressor powers down when the desired temperature is reached.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.