Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

terumo

Reaction score
When u first switch on the aircon for inverter, you cant measure the full load. To measure full load, assume sys 3, on all 3 blower units, set @ 18 degrees, open all the rooms door. Test after 5-10 mins. That should be more accurate in terms of power consumption.

Core2max

Reaction score
How to remove the odor from aircon? After 5-10 mins the odor gone...

Using mit starmex, 6 months old and the filter is clean (I washed the filter once a month)...

illumino

Reaction score
Mitsubishi Inverter

Hi guys,

Very interesting reads over these hundreds of pages! Looks like air-conditioners have a treasure trove of knowledge which is indeed impossible to comprehend totally.

I am getting some reno done recently, and my contractor quoted mitsubishi inverter mxy4a38va 2-msy-ge10va 1-msy-ge24va + 16mm water pipe 1/2" insulation and 23g copper. Together with concealed piping as well. I will be having 2 air con units in 2 rooms and 1 in the living room.

Was quoted a princely sum of SGD5k. Was quite surprised as i thought the costs were more towards sgd3k-ish.

Would like to seek the opinions of fellow forum users as to if this is reasonable.

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Very interesting reads over these hundreds of pages! Looks like air-conditioners have a treasure trove of knowledge which is indeed impossible to comprehend totally.

I am getting some reno done recently, and my contractor quoted mitsubishi inverter mxy4a38va 2-msy-ge10va 1-msy-ge24va + 16mm water pipe 1/2" insulation and 23g copper. Together with concealed piping as well. I will be having 2 air con units in 2 rooms and 1 in the living room.

Was quoted a princely sum of SGD5k. Was quite surprised as i thought the costs were more towards sgd3k-ish.

Would like to seek the opinions of fellow forum users as to if this is reasonable.

the living rm FCU is 24k BTU? that's a pretty big unit. The copper pipes would be the larger in diameter - thus more exp. but still... a sys-3 inverter at $5k is pretty steep imo.

btw when i did my reno, i deal with my own air-con contractor directly.

stamina

Reaction score
i intend to try Midea as well. Anywone wanna try together? hopfeully can get better discount.

illumino

Reaction score
Yeah the living room's unit is 24k BTU. Rooms are at 10k BTU each so total of 44K BTU. Like overkill or a freezer already a nor? Haha.

And I'm not too sure if the pipes are going to be concealed in the walls, but yeah, I'm staying in a condo. Was told that the concealing cost is at about sgd1.5k already.

Waiting patiently for gurus' two cents.

Core2max

Reaction score
This is taken from coolserve website...

MXY-4A38VA / 2 X MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE24VA

Equipment : $2,950.00
Installation : $840.00
Bracket : $150.00
Power Point : $300.00
GST (7%) : $296.80
Total : $4,536.80

Last edited:

Psalmist

Reaction score
Fan-coil leaking water

Dear Forum Users,

Would appreciate your expect advice as my room split-unit fancoil drips water droplets every 45mins +/-.

I have cleared the drainage but it seems that this does not stop the leak. When I access the fancoil, there is a pool of water just below the cooling fins. I am using Carrier split 2.

I had a previous experience on a single split unit in another room. Similar problem as above. After a few months, the external compressor unit start up with loud noise. Eventually have to replace new unit as repair to compressor not economical.

Would appreciate your help, thanks.

Psalmist

PsyNidE

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
Dear Forum Users,

Would appreciate your expect advice as my room split-unit fancoil drips water droplets every 45mins +/-.

I have cleared the drainage but it seems that this does not stop the leak. When I access the fancoil, there is a pool of water just below the cooling fins. I am using Carrier split 2.

I had a previous experience on a single split unit in another room. Similar problem as above. After a few months, the external compressor unit start up with loud noise. Eventually have to replace new unit as repair to compressor not economical.

Psalmist
Bro ... u should post this air-con prob here :

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/showthread.php?t=1747094

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Looks like a condensation
Have you used it very long? Or you just installed it recently?

Dear Forum Users,

Psalmist

Psalmist

Reaction score
Hi sentosaubin,

Tks for reply.

This unit is about 7 years old. Do you mean condensation at cooling fins?

Tks a lot for your advice.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
There's a lot of cause... but what came to my mind is a wear and tear issue... Depending on the humidity and the piping (concealed?), it can cause condensation... concealed pipe will make it easier to tear due to high humidity that cause the "sweating" thus water dripping

Hi sentosaubin,

Tks for reply.

This unit is about 7 years old. Do you mean condensation at cooling fins?

Tks a lot for your advice.

Core2max

Reaction score
It looks like the piping is dirty... you can use wet vacuum to suck the water from pipe end (normally located in your toilet)... at the same time, ask your friend to pour warm water from the pipe at your fan coil unit (FCU).

I had this problem before (my old aircon)... pipe is dirty (a lot of gel kind of things)...

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
Yeah the living room's unit is 24k BTU. Rooms are at 10k BTU each so total of 44K BTU. Like overkill or a freezer already a nor? Haha.

And I'm not too sure if the pipes are going to be concealed in the walls, but yeah, I'm staying in a condo. Was told that the concealing cost is at about sgd1.5k already.

Waiting patiently for gurus' two cents.

firstly, i ain't no guru. but Terumo really knows his stuff.

imo, if you're staying in Condo, there should be existing concealed pipes. So u are changing exisiting concealed pipes? Is that why it is so exp?

but if your main con (pun intended =:p) is oredi doing the concealment, perhaps you've no choice but to go with this price.

But as core2max pointed out, maybe it's really that exp.

the compressor is pretty monsterous! 38k BTU!

thesingingbard

Master Member
Reaction score
It looks like the piping is dirty... you can use wet vacuum to suck the water from pipe end (normally located in your toilet)... at the same time, ask your friend to pour warm water from the pipe at your fan coil unit (FCU).

I had this problem before (my old aircon)... pipe is dirty (a lot of gel kind of things)...

one time, i had a choked piping... so the condensed water cannot flow.

and it was late, so difficult to get serviceman at that hr.

I found some drain-declog and carefully pour in the drainage... and after a while, a lot of 'junk' flowed out at the other end! =:p

Psalmist

Reaction score
Leaking FCU

Really appreciate all your responses and helpful advises.

Previously also thot it was jelly & dirt that clogged drainage. Did declogging with chemical twice plus pouring hot water as advised. Also tried vacuum process.

After above treatment, the water still drip during operation.

Sorry to trouble all of you.

terumo

Reaction score
Most likely your Carrier blower unit tray dirty or coil choked. Need chemical clean.

HarmanK

Reaction score
Enjoying my Midea aircon,

newly installed today. I am only running when weather gets a little out of hand and a couple hours at nite before sleep..:s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.