Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sinori80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pls feedback...looking forward for reviews from midea...cause i check with my friend...so far customer feedback is value for money...i hope to find out more before purchasing...:s12:

OK finally it was installed today,
took almost the whole day because the old setup and my current trunking route is different.
heard from my family member that it is also delayed due to the 2 installer argued and 1 left.

when using the old system my parents always set it to 18 degree Celsius and still feel that is not cold, as this new system they only needs to set it to 23 degree Celsius its cold enough for them.

of cos i am not saying that this aircon is good cos it is still new.

anyway the reasons why I am changing is due to the high electrical bill, so its my main concern.
Looking at the meter rotation so far, i think it better definitely.

will update when the bill comes :o

zen131

Reaction score
wow

This is taken from coolserve website...

MXY-4A38VA / 2 X MSY-GE10VA / MSY-GE24VA

Equipment : $2,950.00
Installation : $840.00
Bracket : $150.00
Power Point : $300.00
GST (7%) : $296.80
Total : $4,536.80

quite....x...

stamina

Reaction score
HI Harmank and Sinori,

I am intending to buy Midea Luna A95 system 2. So far how you guys think of Midea? Is it noisy, both the outdoor and indoor unit? Is the aircon cooling?

I was about to buy Midea just now but got one salesman say dont buy...got customer complain not cold. I dont know how true.

zen131

Reaction score
Midea

hi all, seen alot of feedbacks...but seriously speakin...i seen comments like getting the japanese brand of aircon...
today i went to my good friend work place,to enquire more about aircon...finally i decided to place an order on midea sys 3 28k.
actually,i found a few pointers from my friend...

1.air con technologhy and home appliance tech are quite stagnant over the last few yrs...thats why brands start to input air purifilying into aircon to increase their USP and features,even his china engineer told him if it is IT and audio video sector...it would be more realible to purchase product from big companys in the industry...

2.japanese brand are not longer made in country of origin...mostly made in china,thailand and vietnam...comparing china,thai and the viets, china have better technology...even now china can sent astronaut up to moon,not every other asia countries can follow..

3.Midea is the biggest manufacturer and exporter for H.A and Aircon in china and also 5th biggest in the world...for my friends who visited china,vietnam,australia and K.L they have seen this brand either in hotels or offices and even big advertisment on streets.
Midea is entering Singapore with their series of H.A products at a very affordable prices...
Midea main stream business is actually manufacturer...or wat we call O.E.M...so actually their products ranged from aircon,fans to H.A products are already in SG but under a different brand...
i thinks spare parts and after sales should be available on large scales,and also the brands they manufacturer for are reputable brands from jap,european and local brands...which my friend told me not to tell ppl...sorry on this part...
4.he also inform me a most important part...Midea is adjusting the price higher from next week onwards,as the launch promo end in conjuction with GSS...

so after all the considerations, i bought the air con from my friend, as i dont want to buy when the price go up...

For ur considerations...:

this is wat i bought.installation earliest available 05/08/11

LUNA 9A4 SYS 3
outdoor unit 28k BTU = 12k + 9k + 9k indoor units @ $2168
extend warranty from courts 2+3 yrs @ $299
bracket $130
dismantle FOC
free piping up to 10m per blower...

i think its quite a good deal...:s12::s13:

stamina

Reaction score
Midea

HI Zen,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I fine that Abeyonic upgrading cost is generally cheaper than gain city and courts.

I did open the front cover of the aircon and was trying to compare with the rest of the brands at gain city.

I found out that the workmanship and design of the components inside is poor. Wire connecting to the front led is dangling. filter looks soft and clumsy. Whats that black velvet thing they place at the inner flip?

Wont it get stained after a long time once the cool air condences on it?

I'm also wondering why the parts only 2 years warranty whereas the rest is 5 years.

And also, i'm not too sure how reliable are their ion generator. If yo were to compare with sharp and samsng catalogu lots of industrial accrditation and seals were shown. but the MIdea catalogue, never show anything frmo industries.

These are just my worries. I dont mind trying Midea but just that I'm moving to my new house soon. So need to invest something long term.
Even if i want to buy, i will buy it before 25 July during the special discount.

Can i have all your feedbakcs on the above?

Last edited:

HarmanK

Reaction score
HI Harmank and Sinori,

I am intending to buy Midea Luna A95 system 2. So far how you guys think of Midea? Is it noisy, both the outdoor and indoor unit? Is the aircon cooling?

I was about to buy Midea just now but got one salesman say dont buy...got customer complain not cold. I dont know how true.

CU and FCU No at all noisy, becos it is new... Mine is 21k btu, so took some time to cool down the room. With aid of fan, it is jus nice.

terumo

Reaction score
Hi to all bros/sis here.
I just created a new Facebook account (aircon guru) email (airconguru@gmail.com) Hope you all can add me.
Feel free to post any questions relating to aircon and i will try to answer your enquries.
I will post up some tips on aircon selection/usage/maintainence too.
Thanks

milkywaters

Reaction score
Hey ppl just to share with you guys that inverter aircons really work!
New aircon installed on 28 Feb and during the month SP services come down measure, it dropped to below average line

zen131

Reaction score
midea

HI Zen,

Thank you for your honest feedback. I fine that Abeyonic upgrading cost is generally cheaper than gain city and courts.

I did open the front cover of the aircon and was trying to compare with the rest of the brands at gain city.

I found out that the workmanship and design of the components inside is poor. Wire connecting to the front led is dangling. filter looks soft and clumsy. Whats that black velvet thing they place at the inner flip?

Wont it get stained after a long time once the cool air condences on it?

I'm also wondering why the parts only 2 years warranty whereas the rest is 5 years.

And also, i'm not too sure how reliable are their ion generator. If yo were to compare with sharp and samsng catalogu lots of industrial accrditation and seals were shown. but the MIdea catalogue, never show anything frmo industries.

These are just my worries. I dont mind trying Midea but just that I'm moving to my new house soon. So need to invest something long term.
Even if i want to buy, i will buy it before 25 July during the special discount.

Can i have all your feedbakcs on the above?

hi stamina...

i didnt check on the piping upgrading cause i target to use the aircon around 6-8 yrs...after which when new aircon are changed,piping i will change it too...

i agreed with u that the filter pieces look poor on workmanship but after look at other brands it dont look too fragile either,for the price of the aircon... i dont find it a issue for me cause as long as it is durable and it does the filtering functions...regarding the wiring i dont find it a issue cause it suppose to be fexible and removable...

from my understanding from my friend,the black velvet thing reduce condensation...which LG art cool also has it too...
not too sure about the stains after yrs of usage...

haha.... regarding the spare parts warranty i think u are quite confused like me when i went to courts in the first place when i was serve by another brand promoter...after which then i found out all the other brands in courts actually only cover 5 yrs compressor warranty and 1 yr spare parts by agent...Midea is 6 yr compresser warranty and 2 yrs spare parts by agent...see the diff?agent warranty and retailer warranty?

regarding the website of midea singapore is crap...u should look at the web of the offical global ones...midea.com...u find more info about the company there...

i gaining confidence on the brand after i seen the offical web and also from my friend who works for them...we been friends since childhood so i have place my trust on him...
now only on the final test...the product itself...

haha...if u want anymore infor on the brand...go find the official web or find my friend in courts(the biggest 1)...
but dont tell him i ask u to...cause he will kill me if he knows i ask ppl to juz go enquire info only from him...

lolz:s13:

stamina

Reaction score
Midea

HI Zen,

Hmm. Well but from what i checked around, other brands has 5 years parts warranty?

ANyway, is your aircon working cold?

Cuz Harmank says "Mine is 21k btu......so took some time to cool down the room. With aid of fan, it is jus nice"

I'm not too sure if hes using 2x9 or 12x9 or 9x9x9.

stamina

Reaction score
insulation

NO wonder its not cold. because you shold use 28 compressor for system 3. Anyway, which insualtion brand is better? Armaflex or Kflex?

zen131

Reaction score
Midea

HI Zen,

Hmm. Well but from what i checked around, other brands has 5 years parts warranty?

Cuz Harmank says "Mine is 21k btu......so took some time to cool down the room. With aid of fan, it is jus nice"

i know...haiz...not sure u understand anot...check the 5 yrs warranty by agent or by retailer...
my aircon installation is on 05/08...
haiz...

terumo

Reaction score
5 years warrt usually is on the compressor (internal parts inside the outdoor unit) not the whole system.
And the warrt from 2nd to 5th year does not cover labour.

xseanyx

Reaction score
hi all, seen alot of feedbacks...but seriously speakin...i seen comments like getting the japanese brand of aircon...
today i went to my good friend work place,to enquire more about aircon...finally i decided to place an order on midea sys 3 28k.

1.air con technologhy and home appliance tech are quite stagnant over the last few yrs...thats why brands start to input air purifilying into aircon to increase their USP and features,even his china engineer told him if it is IT and audio video sector...it would be more realible to purchase product from big companys in the industry...

2.japanese brand are not longer made in country of origin...mostly made in china,thailand and vietnam...comparing china,thai and the viets, china have better technology...even now china can sent astronaut up to moon,not every other asia countries can follow..

3.Midea is the biggest manufacturer and exporter for H.A and Aircon in china and also 5th biggest in the world...for my friends who visited china,vietnam,australia and K.L they have seen this brand either in hotels or offices and even big advertisment on streets.
Midea is entering Singapore with their series of H.A products at a very affordable prices...
Midea main stream business is actually manufacturer...or wat we call O.E.M...so actually their products ranged from aircon,fans to H.A products are already in SG but under a different brand...
i thinks spare parts and after sales should be available on large scales,and also the brands they manufacturer for are reputable brands from jap,european and local brands...which my friend told me not to tell ppl...sorry on this part...
4.he also inform me a most important part...Midea is adjusting the price higher from next week onwards,as the launch promo end in conjuction with GSS...

so after all the considerations, i bought the air con from my friend, as i dont want to buy when the price go up...

LUNA 9A4 SYS 3
bracket $130
dismantle FOC

Decent price but how their after sales support? do they have people from manufacturer in singapore and spare parts readily available? heard of some other brands that take a week just for a thermistor cause they do not have a complete spare parts centre :(

xseanyx

Reaction score
HI Zen,

Most brands does only give 5 yrs for compressor and 1 yr for parts.

sentosaubin

Reaction score
Flaw on few points:
1. China is a protected industry... Panasonic and Mitsubishi cannot easily enter China economy without Communist Party's permission
2. China Air-con is only used up to 3 months a year... thus no need to buy a good quality one... winter need a heater... so good luck trying the untested Aircon in tropical weather

LUNA 9A4 SYS 3
bracket $130
dismantle FOC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.