Advice - Do's and Dont's For a Successful and Pleasant Transaction(Sticky Pls)

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaidev

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
For a Successful and Pleasant Transaction :look:
-----------------------------------------------
To All Forumers

Have decided to create a trend to share my experiences i have encountered since joining the forum. The Reason for this is because i have noticed a sharp rise
of unsatisfied encounters as well as complaints of either product being not of the required quality or poor behaviour of either buyer or seller.

If i miss out anything please let me know and i will try to
add it to the list. Hope it is benifical to all readers in some way or another.

Description of product/services

1) Clearly Descripe the product/services you want to let go off or produce in ur trend.(BOLD AND CAPS IT, if its Important)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

for example

If theres any defects, clearly state it. Its alright to sell a defective set, as long as you explain the faults in it as every product might be important to
another person even with the defacts.Do not hide the fact or expect the person to as you about it or worst, tell them during or after the transactions.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) Cancelling A Already Agreed Transaction

If you have agreed to deal at a particular *offer*, ensure you stick to it. If for any reason you decide to forgo the deal after agreeing to it, give
enough notice to the person. Dont make the person waste the trip down or worst, sms him after he calls or sms you that he/she is there.

3) Timings and Locations of Transactions

Agree to the location and timing only if you are comfortable with it. Do not change the agreed timing or the agreed location at the last min as it is of big inconviniece to the other person. If you for any reason are going to be late, give advance warnings to the person you are going to deal with.

4) Respecting the Buyer/Seller/Trader

All parties have the right to cancel the trasaction at point of meeting for any reason partaining to the trasactions. If you are not comfortable, for example,
product doest fit your liking or the service provided is not of satisfactory to you. Let the person know and back out of the deal. Do not force yourself to
deal as it might end of with alot of "bad conclussions".

5) Understand and State clearly if product is Brand New,Mint or a Used Product

Do not try to sell a used product as new or a spoilt product as working.

6) Bargaining

All protential buyers are allowed to ask for a better reasonable offer during discussion phase. However, to ensure a nice and friendly transaction, pls try
to agree to the deal before meeting. Do not start bargaing at point of transaction if the product is of the standard stated in trend. Be professional.

7) Agreed Amount in Hand

To ensure faster and pleasant deals, Pls have the ready amount of cash with you at point of transactions. Do not meet up and then begin searching for a nearby
atm machine as it is most of the time, toublesome and time counsuming and most importantly, Annoying.

8) Agreed Location

Pls chose a location where both parties find it convinient. Most annoying timings to avoid is lunch time expecially in MRT stations and fast food places.

9) Do Your Homework

If you are buying something for first time, Do a research of the product before agreeing to deal. Do not try to agree to a meeting with price set and find out
that product is not what you are looking for. For example, Its to big, Heavy, To Small, ex...

10) Multple transactions

If you are looking to sell off your old item(ex, handphone/laptop) and intend to get a replacement for it, let the seller know about it before hand. Try not to
conclude both deals at the same timing as for some reason, you might not be able to sell you old item and it might result in cancellation of the the second deal.

11) Indivual Opinions of Traders

Understand that everyone has a different way of thinking and their opinions might defer, what might be good condition to you, might be horrifying to someone
else.

12) Preparation of Transaction

If you are selling an Electronic Item(Handphone/Laptop,eg), try to fully charge the set so that the protential buyer is able to spend some time testing the product. If Battery is dead, Buyer Cant Test and Deal might break down.

13) Insert Photos of Product For Sale/Grab For Faster Response.

For Clearer Desciption Of Product for Sale and Faster Sale of Product, forumers might
want to load photos of the set. Like they say, a picture tells a clearer tale & possibities
of misunderstandings is cut drastically. - Idea Suggested by bro jelloman

14) Try to Deal 1 on 1

Avoid bringing your friends or family member during the transaction. There is a tendency you might lose confidence in yourself and you will start asking your companion for advice.(most instances, they don't know your wants and start confusing you). This results in time being wasted and the transaction not taking place.

15)Make time for transaction

Try to make the transaction a smooth one. Give enough time for both parties. Do not try to rush the transaction just because you have a pack schedule ahead of you. Testing of product takes time. Dont believe in buying now and testing later as it might result in bad conclussion. laterly in dispute section, alot of complaints have arised in products being found to be defective after concluding the deal and end of the day, it leads to agressive results.

16) Selling / Buying In Behalf of someone else

Have seen a rise in Seller and buyers getting someone else to do the transaction for them as they are busy and not able to complete the tansaction themselves.

In this case senario, pls ensure

a) details are as exact as claimed
b) the person who is originally suppose to transact should be contactable during the transaction. There have been a great rise in them actually not picking up the phone or worst, having it off.

17) Dont Be Arrogant. If you are signing line, don't purposely queue at peak hours and expect trader to wait for you for hours. Be considerate.

18) Try to avoid meeting at difficult locations

(for example on the road side(parties driving). In this situation. it is difficult for either parties to go though deal peacefully. Most of the time driver would be worried abt the traffic police and buyer will not be able to deal peacefully

19) Dragging Deals

Seen Some Forumers Who like to drag deals to their convenience.
For example, suppose to deal of a sign set at 3 pm at 3pm, when buyer contacts seller, he/she still at telco queueing up or worst on way to the telco. Deal take more that 1-2 hrs to take place.

Another tale, seller agrees to deal on particular day and on that day after countless sms, finally replies back saying "i meet you tom, if not never mind". If you cant close deal, dont deal.
not be able to deal peacefully

20) Prolonging Deals for Higher Bids

i encountered a forumer who wanted to sell his brand new 3GS 16GB. I offered him a premium prices and he chose to delay the transaction and up his post despite agreeing to deal with me.After days passed by, he realise no one matched my price and he decided to ask for deal on spot. I find it disrespectful as i am his last source. Be sincere and close deal if price is reasonable and if buyer is sincere

21) Charge you Phone Battery

Encountered alot of forumers whose phone battery dies at mins before the trade. During Meeting Time, Trader is Uncontactable. Ensure phone is Charged before leaving for deal.

22) Have a backup of the Parties Contact Number

Seen cases of ppl accidentally deleting the contact number of person they suppose to deal with resulting in alot of trouble for both parties. For safety, back up the number on a paper

23)

Have Encountered alot of occasions where forumers take their own sweet time to deal when they know they are dealing with freelancers and dealers. Delay in Deals are up to 30 mins to 4 hrs. Common excuses(Need to go to the Bathroom, Prayers, Appointment)

If You Cant deal on time, Dont Deal

Honest Request to Dealers/Freelancers

a) As market is very Competitive Online , i Would like to humbly request that all dealers have respect for each other. Dont taunt each other in terms of pricing or business tactics. Be it Directly or Indirectly. Be profession(I learnt this from Brother nws1388)

c) Transactions should be done for the benefit of both buyer and seller. If either party does not gain or loses in the transaction,DO NOT DEAL.

d) If one deal done dones not go the way you want it, move to the next and move one. Forget about the incident.

e) Fighting over competition only make high stress and most likely higher chance in losses and more enemies. Be professional and ignore others and its a healthy career.

For Spectator/Commentators

a) Please Dont make unnecessary post comments just to attempt to seek of attention or occupy your time.

b) Respect all the forumers online, be it dealers or end users. No one is a GOD here and everyone makes mistakes. Move one.

c) You have the right to deal or not. Just dont make a ridiculous comment to make a fire among others.

Last edited:

vincher

Reaction score
why dun we let them post those buyer/seller/dealer that are not ethical in this thread. indicate their nick or name and hp number.

Dealer and seller that are aware of their phone condition and yet stat ''mint'' condtion on thread.
Buyer are made promise to buy and collect but no response, refusing to answer phone call, nor reply to sms. Some even play out during meetup.

This way should help a lot, as to prevent a lot of busy ppl like us making wasted trip down. I believed there is a lot of this kinda incidents latest. I have already sent a notice to admin.

tnatna

Master Member
Reaction score
While there are many terrific sellers/buyers here, some are not too clear or not too sure about terms to be used or sometimes just dishonest.

So can someone who is experienced please help define what is new, brand new, used, bnib, sealed, unsealed, warranty undated/unfilled. i think quite a few sellers these days use these terms happily and sometimes wrongly.

e.g.
1. phone bought for a month but termed brand new. it is unclear whether it is used or not used.

2. some claim bnib but actually the box open before but it is still called bnib because the phone is in the box.

3. some think sealed means no sticker, unsealed means unopened.

4. some think warranty unfilled means got date but no name stated ie did not fill in his name.

Ideally,
- new, brand new, bnib should all mean the same thing. this means the wrapper around the phone or the stickers have not been removed before, the phone has never been used to make a call.
- mint/good means no scratches, dents.
- sealed means security sticker still intact and not torn off before.
- warranty unfilled means no date and no name except for the shop stamp

stanknight

Reaction score
is it ok if we give the receipt or tax invoice to the buyer when we are selling the phone (bought from telco) to them? any risk to the seller?

Thanks.

SerSiTiv

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
It has come to my attention that this thread is serving beyond it's purpose of providing information on the Do's and Don't, as such I will be locking this thread as information posted here is not relevant to it's intended purpose.

All irrelevant information will be removed as this thread is not for airing your grievances.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.