2Wire 2701HGV-E aka mio Box

dogntbone

Reaction score
Hi all,

Sorry for being a pain in asking this again:

My 2701HGV-E is a freaking pain cuz it always drops my connection while my sisters connect to it with no issue. I have read up on this forum and I am wanting to try out this solution:

Set the 2701 to bridge mode, and use the ESR-9850 as a router.

However I have mioTV at home that my mother loves to watch.

Would anyone please kindly point me in the right direction where bro liangtam has previously written a guide on how to do it? I am unable to find it...

Thanks all for your patience with me.

damienloh

Master Member
Reaction score
I upgraded 2701HGV-E firmware from v5 to v6. In the v5 settings, it has an option to limit the max speed for wireless connection. Does it available on v6?

damienloh

Master Member
Reaction score
Can someone please advise how to input the fields?
Purpose is to limit download.

otdtol.jpg

youandm3

Reaction score
I Need Help!!

i have problem with my mio box 2701HGV-E, it keep disconnet randomly and after disconnet it will reconnet back again in few sec or sometime few mins. So i cannt even play games or do other staff . i dont think so there is problem with my phoneline...i check everything the filter all fine.. alot peple facing the same problem but there is no soultion.. so any pro can help me =(

guyz92

Reaction score
I upgraded 2701HGV-E firmware from v5 to v6. In the v5 settings, it has an option to limit the max speed for wireless connection. Does it available on v6?

Singtel V6 Firmware have that option.

Qwest Firmware i only know that it allow 400 power. Don't think have that option you want.

Alan-HWH

Reaction score
i have problem with my mio box 2701HGV-E, it keep disconnet randomly and after disconnet it will reconnet back again in few sec or sometime few mins. So i cannt even play games or do other staff . i dont think so there is problem with my phoneline...i check everything the filter all fine.. alot peple facing the same problem but there is no soultion.. so any pro can help me =(

Having the same problem here, quite recently though. I have to restart the modem to get back connection. Will observed and if buay tahan will try switch to the Aztech backup.

seth05

Reaction score
hi bros, have been facing problem with my linksys usb wireless network adapter (wusb 11) as the connection has been intermittent as it will connect and drop off regularly. Just changed to a dell wireless 1450 usb adapter but strangely, it does not even pick up the network from the new mio box 5012NV-002. Any bros can advise which network adapter is better recommended? thank you!

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi bros, have been facing problem with my linksys usb wireless network adapter (wusb 11) as the connection has been intermittent as it will connect and drop off regularly. Just changed to a dell wireless 1450 usb adapter but strangely, it does not even pick up the network from the new mio box 5012NV-002. Any bros can advise which network adapter is better recommended? thank you!

whats with all the old and antique wireless adapters that you have??? :s22::s22:

acertey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently using the MIO box to support my internet and my MIO TV. Recently i had added in an IP Camera, DLink DCS 920.

I have been trying to set up my MIO box to enable port forwarding for this camera due to requirement to view it when out of home/ house. So far i am able to view it when i connect to my home network.

Is our MIO Box capable to do port forwarding to an DynDNS or we need to get an additional router? Do help as i have been cracking my head over the last 2 weeks trying to figure this out.

Btw, if we change our MIO Box to any ADSL2+ Modem & Router will it still be able to support the MIO TV?

acertey

Reaction score
Thanks man, are you taking about this?

Becos i got setup this, but some how the image not going up to the server. :s12:

Dynamic DNS
Dynamic DNS(Dynamic Domain Name Server) - It automatically synchronizes the public IP address of the modem. Every user can connect to your camera using the Host Name you have purchased from your ISP. The user name and password are required when using the DDNS service.

Server Address - The address of your DDNS. You may enter the address manually or select a DDNS server from the drop-down menu.

Host Name - The domain name you have applied from DDNS service.

User Name - The account name of the DDNS service.

Password - The password for the account of DDNS service.

Timeout - It is time interval for DDNS to re-initiate the connection.

sky1971

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am currently using the MIO box to support my internet and my MIO TV. Recently i had added in an IP Camera, DLink DCS 920.

I have been trying to set up my MIO box to enable port forwarding for this camera due to requirement to view it when out of home/ house. So far i am able to view it when i connect to my home network.

Is our MIO Box capable to do port forwarding to an DynDNS or we need to get an additional router? Do help as i have been cracking my head over the last 2 weeks trying to figure this out.

Btw, if we change our MIO Box to any ADSL2+ Modem & Router will it still be able to support the MIO TV?

I just installed a Dlink IP cam last weekend.

1. Setup a DDNS account.
2. Goto 192.168.1.254 / Security and select the IP cam (defualt IP 192.168.1.1) to forward the port to 8080.

Hope this helps.
:s12:

acertey

Reaction score
I just installed a Dlink IP cam last weekend.

1. Setup a DDNS account.
2. Goto 192.168.1.254 / Security and select the IP cam (defualt IP 192.168.1.1) to forward the port to 8080.

Hope this helps.
:s12:

Thanks bro, btw did you become a VIP member or is it not necessary? :yawn:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.