Diploma in HR by Human Capital Singapore (HCS)

silver_sx

Banned
Reaction score
www.hcs.com.sg

I previously have a diploma in accounting from a polytechnic and now have interest to study HR to become a hr staff instead.

Have working experience in accounting & admin jobs but don't have HR experience

Was looking through the list of schools that offer a diploma in HR. Don't want to take a degree 1st as its more expensive and I am still not sure if HR is really what I want yet

It seems that the cheapest is by SHRI and this HCS.

HCS is even shorter. In 5 months time you can complete the diploma course and HCS courses are recognised by WDA.

Anyone take this course by HCS before?

Is it recognised?

Did you manage to find a HR job after you complete the course?

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
www.hcs.com.sg

I previously have a diploma in accounting from a polytechnic and now have interest to study HR to become a hr staff instead.

Have working experience in accounting & admin jobs but don't have HR experience

Was looking through the list of schools that offer a diploma in HR. Don't want to take a degree 1st as its more expensive and I am still not sure if HR is really what I want yet

My understanding is in order to become a HR staff, you do not needs to have a HR certs.

What can help you is working experience or chance to become 1 since you do not have any HR working experience.

But I can tell you that no point study Pte Dip in HR cause your Poly Dip in Acct can help you much more to increase your chance to become a HR staff.

It seems that the cheapest is by SHRI and this HCS.

HCS is even shorter. In 5 months time you can complete the diploma course and HCS courses are recognised by WDA.

Anyone take this course by HCS before?

Is it recognised?

Did you manage to find a HR job after you complete the course?[/QUOTE]

I did not take HCS or SHRI before but HSC is not that recognized compare to SHRI.

At least SHRI, employer will consider to give you a chance over HCS but still Poly Dip win both of them.

silver_sx

Banned
Reaction score
My understanding is in order to become a HR staff, you do not needs to have a HR certs.

What can help you is working experience or chance to become 1 since you do not have any HR working experience.

But I can tell you that no point study Pte Dip in HR cause your Poly Dip in Acct can help you much more to increase your chance to become a HR staff.

But I never study HR before so I don't know the employment act etc so I don't think employers will even give me a chance lor..

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) Do your homework from MOM website.

2) HR have a lot of area such as recruitment. Go to become a recruitment staff at those recruitment company (mostly can get in with your Poly Dip) to build to experiences to jump ship.

Kyoji83 wrote: My understanding is in order to become a HR staff, you do not needs to have a HR certs.

But I never study HR before so I don't know the employment act etc so I don't think employers will even give me a chance lor..

silver_sx

Banned
Reaction score
1) Do your homework from MOM website.

2) HR have a lot of area such as recruitment. Go to become a recruitment staff at those recruitment company (mostly can get in with your Poly Dip) to build to experiences to jump ship.

I got no experience doing recruitment and sales before lah so I can;t even join as recruitment staff at those recruitment company

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Have you even try before in the first place?

They take in fresh graduate cause recruitment staff in recruitment companies do not need to have experience in recruitment & sales.

If you needs to have monthly salary, as long as you have Govt Cert like Poly Dip, local uni degree & etc can work liao. Mostly take you in.

If freelance base on commission, some even GCE N can also enter & confirm take you in.

So, ask you do homework 1st before you point here & there cause if you are not going to help yourself, how can we help you or why should we even want to help you?

I got no experience doing recruitment and sales before lah so I can;t even join as recruitment staff at those recruitment company

Last edited:

silver_sx

Banned
Reaction score
Have you even try before in the first place?

They take in fresh graduate cause recruitment staff in recruitment companies do not need to have experience in recruitment & sales.

If you needs to have monthly salary, as long as you have Govt Cert like Poly Dip, local uni degree & etc can work liao. Mostly take you in.

If freelance base on commission, some even GCE N can also enter & confirm take you in.

So, ask you do homework 1st before you point here & there cause if you are not going to help yourself, how can we help you or why should we even want to help you?

Tried before lah they never accept me after the interview because I got no sales experience.

Those job ads that say that don't need experience are all bull ****ting you.

2 people go for the interview, 1 got experiece the other person don't have.

They straight away chose the 1 with working experience and it must be related experience

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
This is standard.

But when you go for interview, mostly is only you are the only interviewee.

Maybe the way you answer for interview is wrong such as are you able to commit for OT & etc?

Tried before lah they never accept me after the interview because I got no sales experience.

Those job ads that say that don't need experience are all bull ****ting you.

2 people go for the interview, 1 got experiece the other person don't have.

They straight away chose the 1 with working experience and it must be related experience

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ts, I am also interested in working hr department but I only have ntc-2 in electronic. So I am going try by working as hr assistant while studying part time diploma.

silver_sx

Banned
Reaction score
Ts, I am also interested in working hr department but I only have ntc-2 in electronic. So I am going try by working as hr assistant while studying part time diploma.

Tell me when you manage to find a hr assistant job...

es0teric

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hard cause not related.

Super hard cause you cannot committed to the job (unless part time or freelance).

I don't mind a low pay. Even though it's not related, some company requirement on GCE O level. O level also doesn't have anything related. I just want to have a working experience in HR. Even though it's hard, never try never know.

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

yongjianlong

Reaction score
I took a short 3 days course on process payroll from HCS and had a very positive experience as it was done in an interactive manner in a beautiful classroom instead of a one way theory spamming lesson. Basically this is the guy I liaise with HCS, do contact Louis at 6603 8041.

This is what I know.

HCS is an approved National Centre for Continuing Education and Training (CET) centre. They conduct training programmes under the WSQ framework especially meant for individuals or groups of people and we provide advisory services to help organisations enhance their human capital management. The courses are WSQ certified and recognized by local industry. WSQ or Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications is a National Credentialing system that trains, develops, assesses and recognises adult workers for competencies so that they can stay employable. WSQ programmes applies to Singaporeans, Singaporean PR’s and foreigners.

Point to note, the completion of each training module leads to the attainment of a national qualification awarded by WDA. Modules are also structured to benefit learners and to enable them to qualify for various HR Certified Professional Programmes. All these modules are heavily subsidized under CET by WDA.

I believe this is recognised, and why take a diploma from the polytechnics when all you need is just a cert to prove to employers that you are competent and approved by WDA. (Hope you don't mind that i just copy and paste the facts in)

Last edited:

Kyoji83

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am coming from a point where he only have a GCE O & want to work in HR industry (may consider other industry as well).

If the company do not recognize Pte Dip, they will not accept WSQ Dip as it is not enforce by industry such as security for their officer & etc. If you do not believe me, go SAF & ask can use WSQ Dip to sign on officer or go SPF & ask if use WSQ Dip can get CPL or SGT rank for PO.

With a Poly Dip, he can upgrade himself to a local or D/L degree. However for WSQ Dip (HR related), I don't think he can upgrade to a degree course without bringing modules in Pte Sch such as AdvDip & etc which is a watse of time & $.

I took a short 3 days course on process payroll from HCS and had a very positive experience as it was done in an interactive manner in a beautiful classroom instead of a one way theory spamming lesson. Basically this is the guy I liaise with HCS, do contact Louis at 6603 8041.

This is what I know.

HCS is an approved National Centre for Continuing Education and Training (CET) centre. They conduct training programmes under the WSQ framework especially meant for individuals or groups of people and we provide advisory services to help organisations enhance their human capital management. The courses are WSQ certified and recognized by local industry. WSQ or Singapore Workforce Skills Qualifications is a National Credentialing system that trains, develops, assesses and recognises adult workers for competencies so that they can stay employable. WSQ programmes applies to Singaporeans, Singaporean PR’s and foreigners.

Point to note, the completion of each training module leads to the attainment of a national qualification awarded by WDA. Modules are also structured to benefit learners and to enable them to qualify for various HR Certified Professional Programmes. All these modules are heavily subsidized under CET by WDA.

I believe this is recognised, and why take a diploma from the polytechnics when all you need is just a cert to prove to employers that you are competent and approved by WDA. (Hope you don't mind that i just copy and paste the facts in)

KuroI-Kaze

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
If got a poly diploma that is not related to HR and also have more than 2 years working experience but is not related to HR, seems like cannot apply for it?

Entry Requirements
Local polytechnic diploma preferably with one HR related module in the diploma course
Minimum two years of working experience

Prefer to have, not a must:s22: your accounting dip dont even have 1 HR-related module?
2years exp, but never say must be HR-related:s22:

anyway u think so much for what, just apply only. got take u then all is good, never take then find other ways lo.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.