H&F Program Compilation

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Personally I think DC is more for intermediates than beginners..

Also looking at the DC program, it looks very HIT based... and doing the reverse bench press on the smith in the long run is just asking for an injury to happen...

soeyism

Reaction score
Just wondering why for SL 5x5
Workout A is BB row and workout B is Deadlift (alternate them on different sessions)
Why not do them both?

If one is to follow the SL 5x5, can he do other exercises like shoulder presses, curls etc?

if u follow SL site closely or SL in facebook
they don encourage even a addition single rep

but i add circuit training or HIIT after SL
anyway i am too lazy :D

gkhchay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

XanderBuilt

Master Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected - the DC program is only for advanced lifters, with at least 3 yrs of heavy lifting....

This is the DC training blog:

http://dc-training.blogspot.com/2009/07/guide-to-dc-training.html

DC training is just a style for lifting suited for hypertrophy. It has shown results before but no different from any other method or program (i.e. follow the program as written, not too much experimentation, eat enough protein, sufficient recovery to see results etc). Number of years before starting DC is good but I also think a base level of strength is necessary before embarking on it. And I agree it's for advanced lifters which eliminates many of us.

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Shall add rundy's links later. Gonna eat some curry and rice now. Hungry as phuck.

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
UPDATE September 15 2011

Full Body Training - Jim Wendler
5/3/1 Calculator
DC Training Q & A

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Feel free to provide links to worthy routines. As the usual posters have noticed, we're back to having people needing their routines fixed and rectified.

sazuro

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nice. You might want to check this out as well.

Thanks man.

I already got like 60 more programs from various sourced compiled. Problem is, I don't want to confuse people starting out with all these routines since this thread is basically to help out the "beginners".

The experienced ones would already know where and how to go about changing up and finding new routines.

I'll definitely give it a thorough read though. Appreciate the help. Updates should be in this weekend.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.