Air conditioning - Any recommendations please??

Status
Not open for further replies.

aptget

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
China brand, inverter. Cheaper than jap n korean brand.
After 2 days of using, my power usage is 50% less than my old national non invertor ac

try 6~8 mths and see how the condition.

you used 2-days and able to tell your power usage is 50% less ?

Sister2009

Reaction score
midea sys 3 28k inverter

Hi ,

Thinking of getting Midea sys 3 inverter air-con of 28K.
Anyone got good bargain, pls pm me
Rdgs

edixian

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
need advise.

is it better to get a system 4 (2 for living and 2 for bedroom) or to get 2 x system 2. If this combination, i am thinking of the system 2 for bedroom will be an inverter unit while the one for living will be a non-inverter since we don't usually use it only if there are guests ard. however, this combinations seems hard to get for a non-inverter with higher BTU.

so if opt for a Mit Electric system 4, the BTU is more flexible for us to mix and match. How would you guys recommend?

And also whats the diff btw a 38k or 28k etc etc.

chase79

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
try 6~8 mths and see how the condition.

you used 2-days and able to tell your power usage is 50% less ?

Just read the meter, every 8 hrs use abt 7-8 kwh for this new aircon. For old one it uses abt 16-18 kwh for every 8 hrs

helplesssoul

Reaction score
Abt 1 month ago we installed Mitsubishi Inverter Sys 3. Had been setting at rotating vane for my masterbedroom everynight. Just abt 2 days back i heard a weird sound. When the vane moves up to a certain level it will create a "paper shredding" sound. I suspect it come from the rotating plastic ends supporting the vanes but not confirmed. On the other 2 fancoils which i only on once a wk, there is no such sound. Is it something wrong with the MBR fancoil unit? Can it be easily fixed by ourselves or need to call service center?

terumo

Reaction score
Call service centre safer. Dont meddle with the unit, the vanes have moving parts which might be easily broken. Check for any small foreign objects stuck there...

The_King

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone know which air con company provide original manufacturer extended warranty?

if they dun which company provide the best extended warranty

sinori80

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No feedback for Midea user?
thought someone has it installed on 05Aug?

just received my electrical bills

no big problems so far.

installed the air con during the end of Jul now the electrical bill has dropped =:p

graphvm.jpg

houhuan

Reaction score
INVERTER INSTALL PROBLEM

I have a single mithubishi ivnerter install today,but i found that guy did not do vacummning for the air con,and directly connect the pipe and i heard he got some gas leak out(make a sharp gas leak sound).Is that ok?because it is different with what i learnt.

chanel26

Reaction score
As above... looking into air conditioning 3 bedrooms and the living room.. my contractor quoted me $3.7k for a 4:1(2 compressors inside) toshiba system with inverter.

is it expensive?

any lobang/recommendations?

is daikin or mitsubishi better?

Not 100% sure if yours is expensive mine was installed by Aircon Singapore.

I think You can go for Daikin or Panasonic.

MY Panasonic after many years still working fine.

terumo

Reaction score
The gas leak sound u heard was air purging. Use gas to force the air out instead of using vaccum to draw out the air.

houhuan

Reaction score
but the installation is very unprofessional.they skip a lot of step base on what i learn from youtube.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.