Samsung Galaxy S2 - Guide to Rooting your phone (Always evolving and ever changing!)

kennyboy

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I foully wipe already no OS in phone so cannot boot up normally, stuck at yellow triangle screen except in CWM.

Found that I can mount USB in CWM so copy the zip into SD card (internal memory). Problem solved. Thanks
You never should have to wipe /system by yourself. The rom will always do that for you (if it doesn't, then you shouldn't be using that rom). The most you have to wipe manually is /cache and dalvik. :D

the_broken

Reaction score
KH1 to KH3

Okay tried ki1 for a full day.
In comparison with kh3, I prefer kh3. Somehow, kh3 is able to let me send/receive even in tunnels or at rare occasion, in the lift. For ki1, train moves at a higher speed, the connection like too hectic. Keep switching back to 2g/3g,frequently seeing 2g than 3g De.

Hi. Do you have the download link for KH3 ? Just tried KI1 yesterday. It was okay outside, but it was crawling when I was at work.

Would like to try KH3. Thank you much. Really appreciate it.. :)

Last edited:

valk1337

Reaction score
Hi. Do you have the download link for KH3 ? Just tried KI1 yesterday. It was okay outside, but it was crawling when I was at work.

Would like to try KH3. Thank you much. Really appreciate it.. :)

don't always be spoonfed. do a search and you'll easily find your answers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278
XXKH1
Android 2.3.4

This package has: PDA: XXKH1| Modem/phone: XXKH1| CSC: XEUKD1

Download: http://www.multiupload.com/ECMDB9L7IP

XXKH1 Stock Kernel: http://www.multiupload.com/OIREQIOJA1
Password: intratech@XDA

the_broken

Reaction score
Sorry bro.

don't always be spoonfed. do a search and you'll easily find your answers http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1075278

Sorry bro. Already did a Google search and I had like 3 downloads from 3 different links. And they were from UL sites like Rapidfire and FileSonic. Not really the easiest sites to DL.

Just wanted to be sure I have the right file actually. I mean if it's tried and tested by users, just want to be sure I get the same results by using the same link.

No offense though. Still appreciate the help. Thank you.. :)

Hua_Hui

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ki3 modem seems to be working well for me. regular usage and still got over 60 % batt to burn

gluexi

Reaction score
Any bros here flashed 2.3.5 with ninphetamine 2.1.3?
did it works well?
me got to use ninphetamine cause of my sgp glas. but wonder if ninphetamine works with 2.3.5 cause it was meant for 2.3.4

Many thanks
:o:o

rantwb

Reaction score
Stock ROM

Hello all.

Just got my S2 yesterday. Not going to root or flash ROM yet, wanna see how the battery performs. But, thought I chime in the current stock version that Samsung has started distributing on the new batches of S2:

Android: 2.3.3
Baseband: I9100DXKI1
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I9100DXKI2-CL564948
Build: GINGERBREAD.DXKI2
Swype: 3.23.89

Thanks to all the contributions, this thread has been very informative.

valk1337

Reaction score
Any bros here flashed 2.3.5 with ninphetamine 2.1.3?
did it works well?
me got to use ninphetamine cause of my sgp glas. but wonder if ninphetamine works with 2.3.5 cause it was meant for 2.3.4

Many thanks
:o:o

I'm using nip 2.0.5 while on 2.3.5 ki3 just fine

311477_10150309411928271_702043270_7922387_920416089_n.jpg

Last edited:

valk1337

Reaction score
Hello all.

Just got my S2 yesterday. Not going to root or flash ROM yet, wanna see how the battery performs. But, thought I chime in the current stock version that Samsung has started distributing on the new batches of S2:

Android: 2.3.3
Baseband: I9100DXKI1
Kernel: 2.6.35.7-I9100DXKI2-CL564948
Build: GINGERBREAD.DXKI2
Swype: 3.23.89

Thanks to all the contributions, this thread has been very informative.

wonder why it's still on 2.3.3?

Lobaba

Master Member
Reaction score
Ki3 modem seems to be working well for me. regular usage and still got over 60 % batt to burn
my Ki3 keeps switching from 3G to H+ making it barely usable. Gonna go back to KH3...am on M1 and 2.3.5 KI3 rom btw

aqualeris

Reaction score
my Ki3 keeps switching from 3G to H+ making it barely usable. Gonna go back to KH3...am on M1 and 2.3.5 KI3 rom btw

When does it switch? If I'm not wrong, the phone only switches to H+ when there is a download/upload going on. When the phone is just idling (even with screen on) without any data to process, it is supposed to drop to 3G.

Lobaba

Master Member
Reaction score
When does it switch? If I'm not wrong, the phone only switches to H+ when there is a download/upload going on. When the phone is just idling (even with screen on) without any data to process, it is supposed to drop to 3G.
It switches to 3G even if I am browsing or in a game that requires internet e.g. words with friends....it takes ages for it to send a word over.

EXAMPLE
Send a word
H+ - send send send, oh wait gotta save batt
3G - continue to send but cannot get through, oh yea let me try H+ again

Rinse and repeat 3 times.

Rakk80

Reaction score
It switches to 3G even if I am browsing or in a game that requires internet e.g. words with friends....it takes ages for it to send a word over.

EXAMPLE
Send a word
H+ - send send send, oh wait gotta save batt
3G - continue to send but cannot get through, oh yea let me try H+ again

Rinse and repeat 3 times.

maybe you can try the official 2.3.5 want..
hong kong ki3 already out

Hua_Hui

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey guys i understand that upgrading to 2.3.5 firmware wipes out all my configuration/apps

is there anyway to back them up totally? then reinstall everything back in one go after the firmware update?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.