Sony Tablet S

mikengtw

Reaction score
Somehow they launch the Wifi+3G version in UK stores only :(

I wonder will they arrive onto our shores...

I doubt it will come soon, reason they are more on the current tablet can sell or not. If they can
make profit might bring in 3G version. From now on we can only wait and see anyone brought it
and give us a good review on it...

After all we got nothing to lose here, there are other brands too that u can look like Samsung Tab 8.9

Last edited:

hiagonar

Reaction score
A tablet with 3G network is a good advantage, of course the integrated 3G network is much much better. Hate 3G dongle. But 3G data also costs a lot, esp. for streaming video online or send email with large attachment. So, a tab with 3G contract is the best.

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
for the sony wifi version, it has a mini usb port... jus buy a converter to connect the mini usb, it will become a normal usb port.... question now is, can the dongle (with mobile broadband sim card) be connected to the usb so that sony tablet can access internet without wifi? one disadvantage is the dongle + usb converter will stick out of the tablet....

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for the sony wifi version, it has a mini usb port... jus buy a converter to connect the mini usb, it will become a normal usb port.... question now is, can the dongle (with mobile broadband sim card) be connected to the usb so that sony tablet can access internet without wifi? one disadvantage is the dongle + usb converter will stick out of the tablet....
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... do you know of any dongle that supports Android OS? :D

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think most phones in the mkt support tethering so whether wifi or not ok for me lol... already pre-order liao lol...

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i'm playing with the Sony Tablet S at Funan now ..... its actually quite nice :s34:

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone keen to get one from Japan? Just pm me. Price abt the same. You just pay the actual price. No markups/commission :)

sunnycrowe

Reaction score
errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr .... do you know of any dongle that supports Android OS? :D

tat means even if the 3G version reach here, we wont be able to take the sim card from the dongle and insert into the tablet?

cos when i subscribed to home broadband, they gav me a mobile dongle broadband 7.2m which is stil unused by me..

gerald27

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if the tablet natively supports 3G (allows u to insert the sim card), then yes you can use 3G lor

but if it doesn't support 3G natively, then you plug in the USB also it will not read it because it is NOT A COMPUTER !!! :)

Trees

Reaction score
How come no talks about what OS the Sony uses? This is the most important factor in deciding if one want to buy it or not.

Tuakong

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The sony tablet P comes with 3g n 4gb ram. Its 5" or 5.5" running on 3.1

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.