Sony Tablet S

wiz

Reaction score
was impress with what it can do at best bishan. nice graphics, form factor is not the slim type but looks great, SD slot, potentially can play Sony games, remote control my Sony tv. May get this to replace my ipad1

Computeron

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
was impress with what it can do at best bishan. nice graphics, form factor is not the slim type but looks great, SD slot, potentially can play Sony games, remote control my Sony tv. May get this to replace my ipad1
not waiting for ipad 3?

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

u forget the throwing feature of this tablet

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
from factor not slim?
love the taper has it becomes a instant reader on desk and give a better grip.

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can I play music, vids, and access documents from the SD card without having to xfer to the internal mem?

I read a review and it was mentioned that the usable disk space is only around 3gb+, after all the software Sony puts inside (for 16gb ver). The ability to read stuffs from SD card is a deciding factor liao.

leonard87

Reaction score
wonder which is better..the samsung tab 10.1 or this..going to buy one tablet for my gf..as i am using toshiba thrive now..

Teo Ming Ern

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wonder which is better..the samsung tab 10.1 or this..going to buy one tablet for my gf..as i am using toshiba thrive now..

Just wait for the next round of tablets to be released when ICS is released... I'm sure everyone has something up their sleeves... Apple is waiting on ICS before they release the next iPad. The issue is that ICS seems to promise a huge change to the way we use a mobile OS and so it remains to be seen if it will put iOS into the shadow... with that, you could just wait out for about 6 months and then decide on what to get... ICS should be released end of the year...

LuNaOcEaN

Reaction score
Coming on 24 Oct. If you pre order now, they will give u a case worth $99. Can also get a screen pro and dock at $29. So wait till i get mine. The pre order is a firm reservation and u will have to pay on the spot. They have display sets at all sony galleries from 2 Oct onwards le...

lorettatay

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Coming on 24 Oct. If you pre order now, they will give u a case worth $99. Can also get a screen pro and dock at $29. So wait till i get mine. The pre order is a firm reservation and u will have to pay on the spot. They have display sets at all sony galleries from 2 Oct onwards le...

same also. hoot first then tok later.

j.o.i.d

Reaction score
can anyone confirm if we can tether via xperia arc. if yes, most prob wil get the 16gb wifi version. according to the salesperson at sony gallery, he say it is possible to tether....

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 concerns over this unit...

1) media could nt be play from SD...needs to transfer to unit
2) screen is not gorilla-screen. without SP, unit from messenger bag could be scratch without much effort

Albedo

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 concerns over this unit...

1) media could nt be play from SD...needs to transfer to unit
2) screen is not gorilla-screen. without SP, unit from messenger bag could be scratch without much effort

1) You may want to search the net, it seems that other apps (not provided by Sony) can read directly from the SD card.

2) Pre-order now, pay $29 for screen protector & cradle.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1) You may want to search the net, it seems that other apps (not provided by Sony) can read directly from the SD card.

2) Pre-order now, pay $29 for screen protector & cradle.
thks...getting a 20% discount (staff price) :p

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.