Honda Fit/Jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

drpanda

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I am still confused which one is better to take, Honda Fit / Jazz.
Anyone driving can share your experience?

Is the latest Honda Jazz / Fit 2008 series with new facelift better or before series?

MR_CHENG

Reaction score
Both almost same spec.
Jazz if got major problem still can bring to kah motors.
Fit is parallel importing doubt they will help. If got major recall.
Mine is jazz.

danguard

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Old one pple say better FC rate. New one more spacious inside. New one handling also better

extr3mus

Reaction score
City for bigger boot with same engine as jazz ;) but old looking dials on speedo.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i think there are a few driving fit here, a few jazz here.. the 08 model.

what u wanna ask? fit is cvt, jazz is AT.

fit 2 front disc, jazz all rd discs brake.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
08/09 jazz have a nice rear. (my preference)
10 onwards, they change to a diff rear design.

more on the lights.
10,11,12 all look similar rear design, i guess no different.
but if u google "honda fit" they describe till seem alot of diff.

dareth

Master Member
Reaction score
Sry between city and jazz I choose the later any day man

if u based on older generation.. if u drive City.. u wont bother to go for jazz anymore... :s13:

the engine characteristic is the key difference.. unless u choose idsi City...

BTW, the parts are so similar u dont even know its T / J.. if u have dmg parts..and go for any repairs in KM...they also give u T..

i have belt and other wear n tears parts change and they give me J...

to them..its just car parts... what its matter whether T worker take pride in their job..or strong QC...

dareth

Master Member
Reaction score
its better off buying 1.5fit/jazz (2nd gen) ditch the 1.3...dont waste time on that.. :o

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
have both GE Fit (2008) and a GD Jazz (2005), both have pros and cons.

Newer Fit has better handling, slightly better pickup, but slightly poorer FC, front looks better.

Older Jazz definitely has better FC (Even though this car is 3 years older!!), but steering wheel slightly heavier.

overall? I still prefer older Jazz for better FC :)

Fit or Jazz not much diff i think, it's just 2005 or 2008 model, 2005 using IDSI, 2008 using VTEC.

drpanda

Master Member
Reaction score
hi buddies, thanks for the great advice:)

Is there anything to check for 2nd hand Jazz, 09 model? Not sure what is important to check for Jazz.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh the fc for my 08 fit is still ok i guess. if u dun mod too much can clock abv 400km for ard 31-32 litres of petrol.

hmm check for patches of paint to see if got 2 tones color, maybe trying to cover up something? if can test drive, feel the suspension, brakes etc.

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
eh the fc for my 08 fit is still ok i guess. if u dun mod too much can clock abv 400km for ard 31-32 litres of petrol.

hmm check for patches of paint to see if got 2 tones color, maybe trying to cover up something? if can test drive, feel the suspension, brakes etc.

agreed! the 08 Fit still has GREAT FC. I clocked about 400-420 for that amount of petrol also, just that on the Jazz I can clock 450-470... so slightly better only la.

TS: Check the car at speeds of 80km/h and above if possible (on highway), because when i test drove my Jazz, didn't realize one of the tires were worn until it became ****ing noisy. When drive on highway then the sound will come out. I had to replace tires immediately after buying the car at $400+

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi buddies, thanks for the great advice:)

Is there anything to check for 2nd hand Jazz, 09 model? Not sure what is important to check for Jazz.

sometimes it can be ambiguous if you talk about the year, especially if there is an overlapping year. fit/jazz of the same generation can also be called different year. so i suggest using the generation to better differentiate which one is it, ie GD or GE. eg 08 fit is not the same as 08 jazz. for the same 08 fit, it is the 09 jazz.

if you referring to a 09 jazz, i suppose it's the current GE model. there are quite a handful of differences between a parallel import fit and a kah motor jazz.

both are using the same 1.3 or 1.5 ivtec engine.
fit is using cvt and jazz is using 5AT for transmission.
fit are all cvt. jazz has both 5AT and manual.
fit has 2 smaller front disc brakes and 2 rear drum braks, jazz has 2 bigger front discs and rear discs as well.
fit is 2 x 3pt and 1 x lap belt for the rear. jazz is 3 x 3pt belts.
fit has no boot cover. jazz has it.
fit is manual lever air ventilation control. jazz is electronic control (press button for fresh/recycle air).
fit has led 3rd brake light. jazz is normal bulb.

there are more differences, but mainly on the accessory level.

for the same version (GE), whether which year is it, technical specs are the same. difference is more of cosmetic (different kits and trims).

do note that some PIs do bring in jazz but they are from thailand. so just check to make sure. you can check the VIN tag found on the center pillar of the passenger side. for japan assembled jazz brought in by kah motor, it should start with JHMGE6xxxxxxx (1.3) or JHMGE8xxxxxx (1.5).if you see starting with MRHGE6 or MRHGE8 then it's from thailand.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.