Where to tailor clothes =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

gasband

Reaction score
I usually tailor my shirts and pants in Bangkok and after a few hits and misses, found one that I think have a reasonable price and quality. BKK tailors are really hits and misses, you can go to the same tailor 5 times and you can get different experiences with the quality.

And I have decided and also since I hardly go BKK nowadays, to look for a local tailor. I have more or less zoom into Dylan and Son. But first, I am a tall and fat guy. 1.82m tall and probably now over 130 KG haha... so anyone who is also overweight and has good experiences with Dylan? I do not mind paying 100+ per shirt for reasonable quality of cos and of course I would not mind cheaper rates but it must be of reasonable quality!

So anyone who is overweight like me wanna intro any good experiences?

epitomez

Reaction score
hi, i have a few pairs of jeans of regular fit that i would like to alter to slim fit, and some of them needs the waist size to be decreased.

do any of you guys know of good tailors in altering jeans? thanks in advance!

BYYYBYYY

Reaction score
hi, i have a few pairs of jeans of regular fit that i would like to alter to slim fit, and some of them needs the waist size to be decreased.

do any of you guys know of good tailors in altering jeans? thanks in advance!

Same here. I could not find a good tailor for jeans. ):

IceX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just tailored a shirt at dreamland..waiting time is 2 weeks -_-. But I like the lady boss..very friendly to me :D

Used to tailor my stuffs at michael chain but his selection of fabrics is really limited and outdated. No offense...but his service and end products is good.

summerfox

Reaction score
Why don't u guys go to CYC Custom Shop? The workmanship and Fabric are a lot better and higher quality...

shiahzy

Reaction score
I will drop by tmr and see what she can do.

I just dropped by yesterday. She loosened the chest area and elbow area for me such that it's more comfortable now. No charges. I even offered to pay.

Should be able to fix yours.

But in future, if you want it slim but not too tight at the back, can consider doing pleats at the back, based on her advice, so that you have allowance when you stretch your arms forward.

Cheers!

Carnage

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Why don't u guys go to CYC Custom Shop? The workmanship and Fabric are a lot better and higher quality...

You sure boh?

I saw my friend's shirts from there.

He paid double of what I did, can't say it's worth the difference.

suyuan85

Reaction score
Whats the average price for a tailored shirt at dylan?

According to their website its $139.. But I remember some bros here that made shirts there before mentioned $170 as well. They charged more for additional details iirc what i read here.

shinigaimi28

Reaction score
According to their website its $139.. But I remember some bros here that made shirts there before mentioned $170 as well. They charged more for additional details iirc what i read here.

So ex.. I did mine in Joe's tailor. Around $150/piece.

Now cheapo a bit.. went to bangkok & do it... Less than $50 per piece...

solidifry

Reaction score
Can anybody confirm whether is Dickson Menswear at Bras Basah Complex still in operation? I went to online and check but couldn't find it under store directory.

emozxs

Reaction score
Can anybody confirm whether is Dickson Menswear at Bras Basah Complex still in operation? I went to online and check but couldn't find it under store directory.

Yes it's on the first floor, #01-39 if I remember right. I just went to collect my suit today. You would want to call and make an appointment beforehand as he only does fittings on appointment basis.

MugenKia

Reaction score
some ******* nice shirts in this whole thread but too bd i not working yet. make also no point.

carey

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all, need to alter working pants to slim fit cut.
Any place in orchard/town area that I can go to?
Thank you :)

I use Alter Pro

They used to be at OUB Centre but have shifted to Hong Leong Building basement...

Look for Melia - she's better IMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.