Honda Fit/Jazz

Status
Not open for further replies.

tk

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
agreed! the 08 Fit still has GREAT FC. I clocked about 400-420 for that amount of petrol also, just that on the Jazz I can clock 450-470... so slightly better only la.

420km for 31ltr is 13.5km/l.. not really that great considering the hype.. =:p but 470km for 31ltr is 15km/l.. more deserving of the hype.. :D

drpanda

Master Member
Reaction score
many nice bros here give comments. :s13: something new about the labelling. thanks :D

sometimes it can be ambiguous if you talk about the year, especially if there is an overlapping year. fit/jazz of the same generation can also be called different year. so i suggest using the generation to better differentiate which one is it, ie GD or GE. eg 08 fit is not the same as 08 jazz. for the same 08 fit, it is the 09 jazz.

if you referring to a 09 jazz, i suppose it's the current GE model. there are quite a handful of differences between a parallel import fit and a kah motor jazz.

both are using the same 1.3 or 1.5 ivtec engine.
fit is using cvt and jazz is using 5AT for transmission.
fit are all cvt. jazz has both 5AT and manual.
fit has 2 smaller front disc brakes and 2 rear drum braks, jazz has 2 bigger front discs and rear discs as well.
fit is 2 x 3pt and 1 x lap belt for the rear. jazz is 3 x 3pt belts.
fit has no boot cover. jazz has it.
fit is manual lever air ventilation control. jazz is electronic control (press button for fresh/recycle air).
fit has led 3rd brake light. jazz is normal bulb.

there are more differences, but mainly on the accessory level.

for the same version (GE), whether which year is it, technical specs are the same. difference is more of cosmetic (different kits and trims).

do note that some PIs do bring in jazz but they are from thailand. so just check to make sure. you can check the VIN tag found on the center pillar of the passenger side. for japan assembled jazz brought in by kah motor, it should start with JHMGE6xxxxxxx (1.3) or JHMGE8xxxxxx (1.5).if you see starting with MRHGE6 or MRHGE8 then it's from thailand.

Z_Dash

Master Member
Reaction score
I'm getting like 13.6km/l for my 09 Fit.
Using SPC 95 petrol but i'm quite a heavy footer.

Molely

Reaction score
jazz >>> good viewing angle for the front, rear seats can be a bit uncomfortable if seated too long, handling wise so so and although it is MIJ the quality is not that good

city >>> viewing angle is a bit low not that great compared to jazz. seats are slightly more comfortable then jazz. handling personally i feel its slight better then fit. its MIT but build quality is better then the jazz

FC wise, both about the same.
if both are AT gearbox right...... City AT gear change is smoother then Jazz. Jazz AT gear change can be a bit jerky.

i personally drove quite a number of city and jazz that are about 80k km+++....

yes the older city using the IDSI are having better FC but but its using 2 sets of spark plugs. so its like you pay more for the spark plugs and save slightly a bit on the petrol.
so in the end its like even out eventually...

wohouboy

Banned
Reaction score
jazz >>> good viewing angle for the front, rear seats can be a bit uncomfortable if seated too long, handling wise so so and although it is MIJ the quality is not that good

city >>> viewing angle is a bit low not that great compared to jazz. seats are slightly more comfortable then jazz. handling personally i feel its slight better then fit. its MIT but build quality is better then the jazz

if both are AT gearbox right...... City AT gear change is smoother then Jazz. Jazz AT gear change can be a bit jerky.

yes the older city using the IDSI are having better FC but but its using 2 sets of spark plugs. so its like you pay more for the spark plugs and save slightly a bit on the petrol.

this one is jazz vs fit not jazz vs city leh :p

w3iw3n

Reaction score
eh the fc for my 08 fit is still ok i guess. if u dun mod too much can clock abv 400km for ard 31-32 litres of petrol.

hmm check for patches of paint to see if got 2 tones color, maybe trying to cover up something? if can test drive, feel the suspension, brakes etc.

dude your jazz can clock that much of mileage? is yours 1.3 or 1.5?
mine is at best 330 for shell 95 or 350 for SPC levo.
both ard 34litres used.
08 version jazz 1.5S here.

weng

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

i've mentioned before about the extra set of spark plugs. i think it's overhyped liao. many just hearsay and pass it on without really calculating and see for themselves. if your mileage is typical about 20 to 25k a year, you'll only need to change once if you are on normal copper plugs. if you are on iridiums, then you can stretch up to at least 3yrs before changing. so that will be like $20 for the extra set of copper plugs a year, or $60 for the extra set of iridiums over 3yrs, which works out to be the same.

now let's see the petrol savings, taking 25,000km a year and ron95 petrol.

15km/l = 1667 litres
14km/l = 1785 litres
13km/l = 1923 litres
average petrol cost after 5% station discount and credit card say give another 5% = $1.86

difference between 15 and 14 is 118 litres = $219 savings.
difference between 15 and 13 is 256 litres = $476 savings.
difference between 14 and 13 is 138 litres = $256 savings.

so with the same driving style, if you can achieve 15km/l for idsi and only 13 for a ivtec, then your savings is quite a substantial half a k. even if it's 14 vs 13, it's still a $256 savings in a year.

what is that $20 for that extra set of sparks?

regarding built quality.. i think fit/jazz still has an edge over city. eg, just press press on the door panel and you'll know :D

Last edited:

blurryy

Reaction score
both ard 34litres used.

wah... that is 10km/l.

i have no problem reaching 15-16 km/l. I travel KPE at the way :) Mine is GE6 Jazz

dareth

Master Member
Reaction score
i've mentioned before about the extra set of spark plugs. i think it's overhyped liao. many just hearsay and pass it on without really calculating and see for themselves. if your mileage is typical about 20 to 25k a year, you'll only need to change once if you are on normal copper plugs. if you are on iridiums, then you can stretch up to at least 3yrs before changing. so that will be like $20 for the extra set of copper plugs a year, or $60 for the extra set of iridiums over 3yrs, which works out to be the same.

now let's see the petrol savings, taking 25,000km a year and ron95 petrol.

15km/l = 1667 litres
14km/l = 1785 litres
13km/l = 1923 litres
average petrol cost after 5% station discount and credit card say give another 5% = $1.86

difference between 15 and 14 is 118 litres = $219 savings.
difference between 15 and 13 is 256 litres = $476 savings.
difference between 14 and 13 is 138 litres = $256 savings.

so with the same driving style, if you can achieve 15km/l for idsi and only 13 for a ivtec, then your savings is quite a substantial half a k. even if it's 14 vs 13, it's still a $256 savings in a year.

what is that $20 for that extra set of sparks?

regarding built quality.. i think fit/jazz still has an edge over city. eg, just press press on the door panel and you'll know :D

every ride has its own pro n cons.. there's one thing i like about jazz/city over fit. you can adjust the rear seat leaning more backwards as needed...

this feature make its good for long n short distance.. =:p

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
both ard 34litres used.

bro i wrote im on fit. intially i can clock over 400km no issues, then i backside itchy do abit of mod and i had difficulties in hitting 400km, ranging ard 380km.

recently i took out some mod and slowly gained back the fc, now no problem clocking over 400km, even with hks muffler that has some low end loss.

fit will have better fc over jazz cos of cvt. 330km is abit low leh. maybe u can try pump esso or shell, i nv pump spc one. pumped once and bahhh, i think their stuffs cmi.

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
420km for 31ltr is 13.5km/l.. not really that great considering the hype.. =:p but 470km for 31ltr is 15km/l.. more deserving of the hype.. :D

yah true not considered great, but hw many cars can have that kind of fc. to me its good enuff already to clock over 400km. :D

hwaa

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
every ride has its own pro n cons.. there's one thing i like about jazz/city over fit. you can adjust the rear seat leaning more backwards as needed...

this feature make its good for long n short distance.. =:p

? fit can incline/decline the backseats as well. no difference.

danguard

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Auto car yes pls. Whether to kah motor or not if u decide to own a jazz or private workshop is your own choice heh

drpanda

Master Member
Reaction score
Auto car yes pls. Whether to kah motor or not if u decide to own a jazz or private workshop is your own choice heh

thanks. if example the mileage is 40km, is the servicing more expensive? any price guides on the parts replacement? :D

danguard

Honorary Member
Reaction score
I think first major servicing is 30k one. But got some
Others say is 40k. Go and have it checked lo. Just remember say no to engine flush. That's wat everyone is telling me.

Prepare ard 400 maybe more if u go agent hor ../GG

drpanda

Master Member
Reaction score
I think first major servicing is 30k one. But got some
Others say is 40k. Go and have it checked lo. Just remember say no to engine flush. That's wat everyone is telling me.

Prepare ard 400 maybe more if u go agent hor ../GG

I see. lets say the car is still under agent warranty, if happens there is a need to replace parts during the 40km servicing.. we still need to pay for the parts? so it could actually be more than 400? :o

EEXOOO

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I see. lets say the car is still under agent warranty, if happens there is a need to replace parts during the 40km servicing.. we still need to pay for the parts? so it could actually be more than 400? :o

Wear and tear parts not covered under warranty so you will have to pay for them. Besides that I believe the agent warranty will cover.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
yeah i am wondering too.
exactly what else should we expect on the charges if send to AD.

as in additional charges.
since i think most of the wear and tear parts is already part of the servicing package liao?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.