OT: how to remove those Matt material that turn sticky?

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go to Guardian and buy Isopropyl Alcohol to clean the surface with a piece of cloth.

marcoyeo

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Go to Guardian and buy Isopropyl Alcohol to clean the surface with a piece of cloth.

IPA is not used to clean away sticky stains. more to remove fungus, clean electrical contacts and for sterilised usage.

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

right after I posted this thread, I did a google and found a lot of solution suggesting IPA..and I remember I have a bottle of it lying down somewhere (got it from Thomson Medical Centre after my baby gal was deliver, it's actually a hand sanitizer..)

and it works! and got nice smell also.. :)

I think the melamine sponge with the IPA might works like wonder..will go daiso to get the sponge tomorrow and try..cos I was using some thick tissue and still have so unreachable spots.. :)

shall update later...

phallic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

tried b4 doesnt work:mad:

will try the mention Goo Gone

thx

logitechmx5500-lg-09-04.jpg

dont ever get this combo
after a year both are sticky like hell

the mouse right side and the whole palm rest sticky like fly trap

Last edited:

haylui

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
tried removing failed

now paste plastic sheet over them...keeping in mind not to buy stuff with "latex feel" or coating :mad::mad::mad:

stupid Razer/Logitech/Coolermaster all major culprits

can try R.A.T
maybe it won't be turned sticky so fast

shin89

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
right after I posted this thread, I did a google and found a lot of solution suggesting IPA..and I remember I have a bottle of it lying down somewhere (got it from Thomson Medical Centre after my baby gal was deliver, it's actually a hand sanitizer..)

and it works! and got nice smell also.. :)

I think the melamine sponge with the IPA might works like wonder..will go daiso to get the sponge tomorrow and try..cos I was using some thick tissue and still have so unreachable spots.. :)

shall update later...

the sponge will melt with the alcohol, tried. :)

bxang1986

Reaction score
I had a old mouse pad those typical normal types which starts to decompose & the whole pad sticks on my table.. I had to scrap it off with sharp object & left with scattered leftovers.. can the above suggestions remove it?

ewan13

Reaction score
haizz at least you guys are only facing it on your preipherals. i have an offroad helmet covered with the stuff. when just bought very swee. after a year, whole helmet sticky like hell. one time go off road, all kinds of **** stuck to it. leaves lah, small branches lah, insects lah, sand lah and its a b*tch to clean. thanks to the other bros for the suggestions, i'm gonna try goo gone and that daiso sponge. i almost gave up on my helmet liao. :(

Fatfool

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
use rubbing alcohol. it's a decent solvent that doesn't dissolve the plastics used on peripherals.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The latex/rubber coating is there to provide better grip/feeling as compared to cheap plastic surface.

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
......... but can only last a year or so in our humid weather before it become sticky.

phallic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haizz at least you guys are only facing it on your preipherals. i have an offroad helmet covered with the stuff. when just bought very swee. after a year, whole helmet sticky like hell. one time go off road, all kinds of **** stuck to it. leaves lah, small branches lah, insects lah, sand lah and its a b*tch to clean. thanks to the other bros for the suggestions, i'm gonna try goo gone and that daiso sponge. i almost gave up on my helmet liao. :(

:s13::s13::s13::s13::s13:

Mach3.2

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Stick all the leaf, become tactical helmet:s42:

myshoes

Reaction score
AXE oil works.. but the best "tool" is liquid wax, especially silicon base liquid wax.

Not only you cleaned and removed the melted latax layer, you got a smooth waxed finish which is also a protection against stain.

whats that can post a picture ? i google but i dont know which one liao haha. where to buy ?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the helmet case damn hilarious!! haha...

bought the melamine sponge from daiso...$2 for 30 cube...I will try the following tonight.

1) just water and sponge
2) sponge with the hand sanitizer (should be IPA)

will update tonight...

punggolkid

Reaction score
I stupidly used IPA plus tissue to clean my Razer Salmosa. Now the surface got the dusty feel, plus the rubber top feels melted or something. What solution would work to get it back to feeling ok?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.