Any folks on Viewqwest fibre?

Status
Not open for further replies.

toshiro_sg

Reaction score
no price?

if not wrong is 5 MBPS (not Mbps)upload/download for $129 ,not sure i interprete correctly the 5MBPS upload. its in the Digital Life yesterday, but at this price point i think there must be something about this fibre plan that warrant a cost of $129 per month.

saysuzu

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is it corporate type line? there's a big differenec

weap0nx

Master Member
Reaction score
if not wrong is 5 MBPS (not Mbps)upload/download for $129 ,not sure i interprete correctly the 5MBPS upload. its in the Digital Life yesterday, but at this price point i think there must be something about this fibre plan that warrant a cost of $129 per month.

i don't think anyone will advertise bandwidth in MBps
edit: 125 for 5Mbps Dynamic IP sounds just about right for business plan

Last edited:

daryltang

Reaction score
Viewqwest is now providing residential Fiber services known as Fibernet.
You can check out the microsite, google fibernetsg.

etherealism

Reaction score
well... its a guideline, but its not actively enforced... there are quite a lot of businesses doing that..

actually, quite understandable from viewqwest's point of view, cuz they used to do only B2B, where most companies are interested in price before gst, since the gst is claimable as input costs.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
well... its a guideline, but its not actively enforced... there are quite a lot of businesses doing that..

actually, quite understandable from viewqwest's point of view, cuz they used to do only B2B, where most companies are interested in price before gst, since the gst is claimable as input costs.

But that is NOT acceptable!

If any person would not buy products from the likes of say 1st/2nd level SLS retailers etc because of such tricks, then one should not support VQ too.

In terms of service policy they are similar to supernet, both doesn't do traffic shaping or block ports. Lest compare in terms of cost of operation.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0ApBFrFUGXCkzdE50b18xZlNEb3JEZG1wbEIyRTVoZFE
So for 24 months + installation charge:
SI : $1284 + 214 = $1498
VQ : $1669.20 + 107 = $1776.20
looks like SI is much cheaper

You forgot GST for VQ monthly plans fees.

etherealism

Reaction score
yup can confirm that.. seems the prices are w/GST already (=

on a side note, anyone asked them if they're using transparent proxies?

chaicka

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Kinda disappointed with the offerings VQ has for residential... Too bad... Looks like they just blow a chance to pitch for my subscription when current contract due.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.