Where is the best place to reshell..? Please advise

ArcAngelSky

Reaction score
Any places or company is good for re-shelling..? I just got my impressions done at Digi sound, now looking for a reliable yet affordable place or company that I can reshell my JH16pro.. Little issues about the mould and fit issues, best no issues at all when i receive my customs everything fit almost perfectly.. Please advise thanks

racoiaw

Reaction score
Stereo=unique melody
UM is well known for their service and craftmanship....so far dunno if got anyone had any problems with them so far.
Null audio is very affordable but their reputation :(
Stage 93 evidently has good service and is also quite affordable, judging from reviews their level of craftmanship is also quite good. Service reputed to be good too.
Dunno bout AudioHub as never use his services before but service and quality should be good from what I have seen from this board so far...
So weigh the pros and cons and make ur choice...whether u wan quality at a higher price lor...

poneglyph

Master Member
Reaction score
personally, i've experience with null. first time, fit was really bad on one side. so i went for a refit. second time, fit improved, but in total, i'd wasted about 3 months + just to get a custom and the end product didn't really satisfy me. so i sold it off :s22: btw, i reshelled tf10.

ArcAngelSky

Reaction score
Stereo=unique melody
UM is well known for their service and craftmanship....so far dunno if got anyone had any problems with them so far.
Null audio is very affordable but their reputation :(
Stage 93 evidently has good service and is also quite affordable, judging from reviews their level of craftmanship is also quite good. Service reputed to be good too.
Dunno bout AudioHub as never use his services before but service and quality should be good from what I have seen from this board so far...
So weigh the pros and cons and make ur choice...whether u wan quality at a higher price lor...

personally, i've experience with null. first time, fit was really bad on one side. so i went for a refit. second time, fit improved, but in total, i'd wasted about 3 months + just to get a custom and the end product didn't really satisfy me. so i sold it off :s22: btw, i reshelled tf10.

Thanks for the advises.. I heard about about null audio quality not very good.. Stereo wise I heard no complains but kinda of very costly..? About stage 93 is there anyone to meet in Singapore to pass him the iem for re shelling..? Thanks

weibchen

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm filled to the brim.. I got 2 batches filled and I'm struggling to get it back on time. Suggest you use the rest for this period..

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Thanks for the advises.. I heard about about null audio quality not very good.. Stereo wise I heard no complains but kinda of very costly..? About stage 93 is there anyone to meet in Singapore to pass him the iem for re shelling..? Thanks

Unique Melody's works are a little slightly more costly due to the fact they are getting much more popular now compared to two years ago.

Workmanship is maintained and improving along the way and it's rated one of the best reshelling custom company around the globe i believe. I have even heard that it's on par with major brands like JHA or even better in terms of quality build.

Paying slightly can be justified i guess? :D

You could google stage93 singapore and get their website i believe. :)

Cheers,
brian @ stereo ION orchard

racoiaw

Reaction score
Those who did not get good fit at null audio prob had their ear impression made on the spot by a non audiologist. Null audio liase with rooth (subsidary of UM?correct me if I'm wrong) for their shelling so probably workmanship is not the problem but on the ear impression instead. There are still ppl who get perfect fit by getting ear impressions from licensed audiologist like digisound.
Btw stage93 has just revamped their website and it looks kick ass :) but no more discount anymore? I believe u have to email stage93 and meet up to pass the ear impression.s and stuff...

Lil_d3viLz

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
would like to try at stereo next time... when i reshell...
pissed when u reshelling for >3mths and problems keep coming. somemore reshell hao le nv contact u. must contact them and ask if available le boh. rather throw another 200 for fast job done.

chesterljh

Reaction score
so far i have tried 3 reshelling companies

i did
1 Null Audio reshells
2 UM reshells
3 Stage93 reshells
with them so i believe mine is reliable

Null Audio
The worst i have ever done!
1) slow in processing (no response)
2) does not reply any emails or calls to him(in the end i went to his house straight to find him, then he dare to talk to me)
3) tells u can get it done in 6 weeks the most! in the end, waited more than 3 months for it!
4) Bubbles appear on both my shells! it was pretty obvious! and my drivers were so so messy! i was reshelling UM3x and the result, the drivers were messy, the wirings were messy...i shake the iem, i could see the wiring move too!

Overall : 0/10

Unique Melody(Stereo)
Was great for me though i heard quite alot from others of something else
1) Great service!(Stereo-Brian/Ivan...of course la!)
2) Could get info of my iem in a day from Stereo
3) was supposed to wait longer but i sort of ask for faster and they did it!! the only mistake was it became recessed instead of flat
4) no air bubbles, wiring was neat
5) But, i heard from other people that UM is having like cracks in their iem by time it arrived

Overall: 9/10(For possible cracks)

Stage93
1) Great service from the staff there!
2) Replies promptly and gives you information asap
3) has rush service!(but of course u pay more)
4) No air bubbles, clean and tight
5) until now no complaints from anyone who did reshell at stage93

Overall: 9/10(New company, consistency unsure)

Conclusion: u can go for stage93 if you want rush service or if you like to go for UM u can go to stereo. But Null Audio is a no no.

Last edited:

bobby29

Reaction score
i would suggest Stereo, many of my friend got their reshell from there and got good impression with them.

You might want to make your decision fast after doing your impression!

ArcAngelSky

Reaction score
How much are the price of re-shelling from Stereo without having them to do the impressions for me..? I will be doing my ear impressions from DIgisound and pass the impressions.. Thanks for the swift response and feedbacks..!!

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How much are the price of re-shelling from Stereo without having them to do the impressions for me..? I will be doing my ear impressions from DIgisound and pass the impressions.. Thanks for the swift response and feedbacks..!!

i dont rmb stereo providing ear impressions... juz head over to digisound to play it 101% safe.

Foress

Master Member
Reaction score
so far i have tried 3 reshelling companies

i did
1 Null Audio reshells
2 UM reshells
3 Stage93 reshells
with them so i believe mine is reliable

Null Audio
The worst i have ever done!
1) slow in processing (no response)
2) does not reply any emails or calls to him(in the end i went to his house straight to find him, then he dare to talk to me)
3) tells u can get it done in 6 weeks the most! in the end, waited more than 3 months for it!
4) Bubbles appear on both my shells! it was pretty obvious! and my drivers were so so messy! i was reshelling UM3x and the result, the drivers were messy, the wirings were messy...i shake the iem, i could see the wiring move too!

Overall : 0/10

Unique Melody(Stereo)
Was great for me though i heard quite alot from others of something else
1) Great service!(Stereo-Brian/Ivan...of course la!)
2) Could get info of my iem in a day from Stereo
3) was supposed to wait longer but i sort of ask for faster and they did it!! the only mistake was it became recessed instead of flat
4) no air bubbles, wiring was neat
5) But, i heard from other people that UM is having like cracks in their iem by time it arrived

Overall: 9/10(For possible cracks)

Stage93
1) Great service from the staff there!
2) Replies promptly and gives you information asap
3) has rush service!(but of course u pay more)
4) No air bubbles, clean and tight
5) until now no complaints from anyone who did reshell at stage93

Overall: 9/10(New company, consistency unsure)

Conclusion: u can go for stage93 if you want rush service or if you like to go for UM u can go to stereo. But Null Audio is a no no.

6 reshells altogether?!

Randius

Reaction score

IIRC, $179 for reshelling, $50 for shipping (which can be shared) and they do not do impression. DigiSound is recommended around here and cost is $64.20 inclusive of GST.

ArcAngelSky

Reaction score
IIRC, $179 for reshelling, $50 for shipping (which can be shared) and they do not do impression. DigiSound is recommended around here and cost is $64.20 inclusive of GST.

Stereo Reshelling cost $179, $50 sharing..? Means find any members here who are willing to share.? Sorry new to this.. Digi sound I know because went with a friend before but thanks for the info.. Appreciate it much..! :s12:

Randius

Reaction score
Stereo Reshelling cost $179, $50 sharing..? Means find any members here who are willing to share.? Sorry new to this.. Digi sound I know because went with a friend before but thanks for the info.. Appreciate it much..! :s12:

Yes, you can share the shipping cost with other buyers

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.