Where is the best place to reshell..? Please advise

sillykid

Reaction score
some time buying also depend on 缘分 , null audio to me ok...

sometime u buy from A shop ok, but if u choose B shop may not be ok... u wouldn't know until u make a choice

is life

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Stereo Reshelling cost $179, $50 sharing..? Means find any members here who are willing to share.? Sorry new to this.. Digi sound I know because went with a friend before but thanks for the info.. Appreciate it much..! :s12:

Sorry for the late respond! :x Was kept busy earlier in the day.

That's correct, if you could find people to reshell together with you at the same time, you could split the shipping by the amount of people ( maximum four i guess ).

A pity. I may be reshelling my customs in Dec, unless there's a good promo for UM :D

:eek: why reshell again? :eek:

brian @ stereo ION orchard

Randius

Reaction score
:eek: why reshell again? :eek:

Early batch from 1964 Ears workmanship not so good and I feel that the material used by UM is much better. Anyway, almost one year liao so warranty is almost over.

TeamStereo

Suspended
Reaction score
Can the shipping be shared for those who are purchasing new customs too?

Yup that's possible as well.

Early batch from 1964 Ears workmanship not so good and I feel that the material used by UM is much better. Anyway, almost one year liao so warranty is almost over.

:s22: I see. alright, will keep you updated soon on this matter.

chesterljh

Reaction score
some time buying also depend on 缘分 , null audio to me ok...

sometime u buy from A shop ok, but if u choose B shop may not be ok... u wouldn't know until u make a choice

is life

another null audio supporter...

brian...why so many null audio supporters these days! LOL

but i have tried the companies various times i dont think it is 缘分...
its about consistency

Last edited:

chesterljh

Reaction score
6 reshells altogether?!

yes foress..i have done 6 reshells so far

null audio was my um3x as i took over my friend's customs

stereo was my customs cracked! due to my friend's violent test out

stage93 was purely reshell for the customs i bought

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pardon for digging this thread up. Looking for suggestions for reshelling Prophile 8. Any recommendations?

RealSpark

Reaction score
Pardon for digging this thread up. Looking for suggestions for reshelling Prophile 8. Any recommendations?

personally i don't think it will turns out good. You won't know what you will receive from the reshelled profile 8. the acoustic path design is unique.

Silvialite

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
personally i don't think it will turns out good. You won't know what you will receive from the reshelled profile 8. the acoustic path design is unique.

Can you share where you found the acoustic path? Was wondering if it's designed similarly to CIEMS, where acoustic tubes are used.

XcoldstarX

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Can you share where you found the acoustic path? Was wondering if it's designed similarly to CIEMS, where acoustic tubes are used.

If you wish to reshell the Prophile 8, you need to be prepared to lose the dual switch feature.

Shutterbox

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
So which places to go for reshell now?
Those recommendations in 2011 still apply?

Was thinking of getting a 2nd hand ciem, n do a reshell. This is prolly cheaper than buying a new model. Does it make sense?

asdfpo

Reaction score
So which places to go for reshell now?
Those recommendations in 2011 still apply?

Was thinking of getting a 2nd hand ciem, n do a reshell. This is prolly cheaper than buying a new model. Does it make sense?
AAW(via null audio) or inearz(via music sanctuary)
Seen good reviews from both, but I think aaw will work out to be cheaper cause it's local so you save on shipping

Also check if your manufacturer has ownership transfer as they will test and replace faulty parts when you send them in for reshell

adderrs

Reaction score
Anyone has reshelled Dita Truth (dynamic driver) before?

From reading the music sanctuary website it seemed inearz doesn't do dynamic driver type of IEM. Not sure if AAW(via null audio) will do. Still waiting for their response.

If that doesn't work out, I guess my only 2 alternative left is either to go for:
(i) AAW Custom Sleeve/Tip https://www.null-audio.com/collections/custom-in-ear-monitor/products/aaw-custom
(ii) Snugs tips https://snugsearphones.co.uk/product/snugs-only/

The custom sleeve might not be desirable as looking at the pic it seemed the earphone can fall off the ear anytime as it extends way out of the ears.

Any advice really appreciated.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.