OT: how to remove those Matt material that turn sticky?

phallic

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
images

Disclaimer: I'm not related to this brand, just an example of liquid wax.

this will work?? Wax the sticky part to remove it or make it smooth?

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I stupidly used IPA plus tissue to clean my Razer Salmosa. Now the surface got the dusty feel, plus the rubber top feels melted or something. What solution would work to get it back to feeling ok?

try the melamine sponge..it should be able to remove your dusty feel...

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This is an excellent and practical thread.
Do move it to the knowledge base forum once the discussion has cooled down :)

I threw some practically decent mice recently that have had this problem :(

AXE oil works.. but the best "tool" is liquid wax, especially silicon base liquid wax.

Not only you cleaned and removed the melted latax layer, you got a smooth waxed finish which is also a protection against stain.

melv96

Reaction score
the helmet case damn hilarious!! haha...

bought the melamine sponge from daiso...$2 for 30 cube...I will try the following tonight.

1) just water and sponge
2) sponge with the hand sanitizer (should be IPA)

will update tonight...

Any project updates?:s12:

ekardo

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
) just water and melamine sponge
It works for removing the small tiny bits and also the hard to reach corners like the edge etc..however, I doubt it's strong enough to remove the whole surface's sticky material.

It didn't melt like what some bro mentioned, but the effect seems slightly better than using plain water..but really only slightly better...

still trying to find the super efficient solution that can spray and remove the material by normal tissue...dunno if this exist...any chemical researcher or scientist here ?? :)

matty79

Reaction score
For razer DA, you can change the top cover to plastic. Just ordered mine from ebay, with starcraft 2 logo. Going to mod when it arrives!

The rubber on Razer mice is really er xin after long use. Someone should try commach's recommendation and tell us if it works.

matty79

Reaction score
The worst thing is, if you start rubbing out the matte and the surface becomes MORE sticky (or gets more sticky more easily) than before previously.

wiShfulStone

Master Member
Reaction score
Too bad it doesn't seem like anyone is selling replacement keys for the diamondback. It's such a waste, mouse works fine but the surface is just too disgusting to use..

pwongkk

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What I did was to use an eraser and rub on the surface.
After that, just use a clean cloth with some water to clear off the dirt.
Works for me and a cheaper solution.

majora

Master Member
Reaction score
For razer DA, you can change the top cover to plastic. Just ordered mine from ebay, with starcraft 2 logo. Going to mod when it arrives!

The rubber on Razer mice is really er xin after long use. Someone should try commach's recommendation and tell us if it works.

wa im using DA and i forsee this issue coming, hey can share ur lobang? :)

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
) just water and melamine sponge
It works for removing the small tiny bits and also the hard to reach corners like the edge etc..however, I doubt it's strong enough to remove the whole surface's sticky material.

It didn't melt like what some bro mentioned, but the effect seems slightly better than using plain water..but really only slightly better...

still trying to find the super efficient solution that can spray and remove the material by normal tissue...dunno if this exist...any chemical researcher or scientist here ?? :)

liquid wax is different from the IPA u using?

the one commach recommend is like polish car type? :eek:

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Too bad it doesn't seem like anyone is selling replacement keys for the diamondback. It's such a waste, mouse works fine but the surface is just too disgusting to use..

same here..

got a diamondback.. working but the buttons just too melted to use :s22:

aqa

Reaction score
Do not use Axe oil or similar kind as it may contain acid which dissolve and oxidize your metal parts. Done this before and work fine at the beginning but after sometime the metal get reacted to form oxide or the metal salts.

In some situation cooking oil is very useful especially glue but I do not think it can be done here as it will be come even more sticky and oily unless you are able to use another medium to remove it such as soap and water.

Do not use Acetone as it will damage any plastic surface as it will become a stain after sometime.

aqa

Reaction score
Did any one try turpentine or paint remover?

Note: It will affect rubber after prolonged contact and some plastic. Harmful by inhalation, in contact with skin and if swallowed

Last edited:

thegamer1907

Master Member
Reaction score
just get isopropyl alcohol or denatured alcohol from guardian and use it to remove the rubber coating. It dissolves the rubber like nothing.
I used it to remove the rubber coating on my old razer DA

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.