OT: how to remove those Matt material that turn sticky?

halocast

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just get isopropyl alcohol or denatured alcohol from guardian and use it to remove the rubber coating. It dissolves the rubber like nothing.
I used it to remove the rubber coating on my old razer DA

this works ..

i use it on the diamondback telfon.. and its all gone.. left the plastic.

but the sides.... can clean up.. also.

crystalnox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
OT: What do you guys use to fix the buttons double/not clicking? Digging out my old DB to clean up the buttons as well, but realised the clicks also got problem.

fantasy87

Reaction score
just get isopropyl alcohol or denatured alcohol from guardian and use it to remove the rubber coating. It dissolves the rubber like nothing.
I used it to remove the rubber coating on my old razer DA

but isnt doing so even worse?
my DA is just starting to get sticky only, still got the rubber coating... my bro DA is the older version, his 1 use till left the plastic and it is really super duper sticky

jtjt00

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Once the rubber coating is gone, the sticky thing also gone as only plastic surface is left.

my DA is just starting to get sticky only, still got the rubber coating... my bro DA is the older version, his 1 use till left the plastic and it is really super duper sticky

dereth

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
2 weeks ago, I fished out my old Razer Pro Solutions out of a box of rubble.

The buttons are sticky as hell like the picture here. Actually, mine was even worse. I forgot to take a real picture but I guess you guys know what I mean.

dirtymouse.jpg

Spent some time working on it and now this is how it looks!

321640_2321574751069_1000568690_32532333_1815290069_n.jpg

What do you think? :)

It's not a picture of a 5 year old mouse taken when brand new. Notice the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 in the background. LOL.

jkohlc2

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i used isopropyl alcohol on my copperhead. works really well, sticky thingy all gone and now left is the plastic. tried on my lcd monitor and it kinda works as well :D

got mine from guardian, the one with red floating ball logo

SolarBurn

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
-1 for Goo Gone Spray Gel

i used it for my razer mouse, it was a painstaking process... in the end brute force prevailed.

wacko

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score

The buttons are sticky as hell like the picture here. Actually, mine was even worse. I forgot to take a real picture but I guess you guys know what I mean.

http://gamedesignreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/dirtymouse.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321640_2321574751069_1000568690_32532333_1815290069_n.jpg[IMG]

It's not a picture of a 5 year old mouse taken when brand new. Notice the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 in the background. LOL.[/QUOTE]

So which method did you use?

digishot

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
moi hv small vacuum creaner, e handle becom welly sticky, moi use {hand sanitiser which kontain isopropyl alcohol)w/ moisturizer+vitiminE} to crean, purfact finish.

Diluted

Master Member
Reaction score

dirtymouse.jpg

321640_2321574751069_1000568690_32532333_1815290069_n.jpg

It's not a picture of a 5 year old mouse taken when brand new. Notice the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 in the background. LOL.

I'm also interested in which method you use..
Your mouse looks practically new!!!
So shiny somemore :s13::s13::s13:

xtreme84

Reaction score

http://gamedesignreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/dirtymouse.jpg[IMG]

[IMG]https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/321640_2321574751069_1000568690_32532333_1815290069_n.jpg[IMG]

It's not a picture of a 5 year old mouse taken when brand new. Notice the new BlackBerry Bold 9900 in the background. LOL.[/QUOTE]

Very, very nice! Looks brand new!

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Ok....so how do you do it?

I guess sunlight plays a part.....
If the plastic expose to sunlight....sure goner.

thegamer1907

Master Member
Reaction score

yes, i forgot to mention that once u use it, you will have to remove all the coating. You cant use it just to remove part of the coating because once u add the alcohol the rubber becomes sticky.
But well, i assume you are trying to remove everything so that shouldnt be a problem.
I've used it several times, on my old DA and even my soundmagic IEMs which were getting sticky. No problems so far. Im gonna use it on my CM Storm Sentinel mouse soon. The rubber's getting sticky.

Atb

Reaction score
Should just avoid buying such products with rubber coating. Dun know what the manufacturers are thinking using such coating. Totally no suitable for local hot and humid weather. From my own experience, most of these goes bad in about a year. So best to avoid them.

hg_wng

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Should just avoid buying such products with rubber coating. Dun know what the manufacturers are thinking using such coating. Totally no suitable for local hot and humid weather. From my own experience, most of these goes bad in about a year. So best to avoid them.

No, sweaty palms play a big role. My deathadder normal edition is fine after 1+ years of usage

Steyr69

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

That's the point....so you can BUY from them again......:s13:

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.