Official Thread - BlackBerry Bold Touch 9900 (Dakota)

omnifinal

Reaction score
hi guys, just checking with you guys did anyone of you able to install OS 7.1.0.74 (leaked) successfully on your bold 9900?

FYI: My currently plan is normal BBOM not BIS/BES

I facing issues installing it even after i delete all the Vender.xml on my com and still facing with this error.

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, just checking with you guys did anyone of you able to install OS 7.1.0.74 (leaked) successfully on your bold 9900?

FYI: My currently plan is normal BBOM not BIS/BES

I facing issues installing it even after i delete all the Vender.xml on my com and still facing with this error.

Yes. You dont need BIS if u actually followed da faq

omnifinal

Reaction score

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if you are mention faq from Operating System | Blackberry Guide
yeah i did followed and also read through some forums from crackberry however it still the same error. However i encounter a similar thread at crackberry Help: Not able to instead 7.1 without subscription - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com it mention that it required BIS/BES for OS 7.1 to be installed. So i was wondering is there anybody here successfully install to 7.1 without BIS/BES

Sowwi.

May i be kind enough (to the wrath of the antiffaq) to highlight that its the wrong website:
Upgrading Operating System : Blackberry FAQ
OS upgrade/downgrade tips : Blackberry FAQ

Following this 2 posts, i could update 9810 and 9900 brand new from box, no sim card to the .540 and 7.1 :)
Silv3r and I worked this out last year for os6 and works well on os7 (ps: I thought you might be interested in: http://faq.ourberries.com/?page_id=535 - the recommended part ;))
We have updated the site and etc to help serve it better (of cuz the webby is still buggy)

ANyway, else, can bring can help u ;)

Last edited:

omnifinal

Reaction score
Sowwi.

May i be kind enough (to the wrath of the antiffaq) to highlight that its the wrong website:
Upgrading Operating System : Blackberry FAQ
OS upgrade/downgrade tips : Blackberry FAQ

Following this 2 posts, i could update 9810 and 9900 brand new from box, no sim card to the .540 and 7.1 :)
Silv3r and I worked this out last year for os6 and works well on os7 (ps: I thought you might be interested in: Downloads : Blackberry FAQ - the recommended part ;))
We have updated the site and etc to help serve it better (of cuz the webby is still buggy)

ANyway, else, can bring can help u ;)

i did followed the faq for the steps, however the offline methods is not working when i using BlackBerry Desktop Software to upgrade it and when i using loader to upgrade it, it could not detect 7.1 OS inside the list. however using BlackBerry Desktop Software it is able to detect the 7.1 but show the error above. any idea how to solve the problem?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i did followed the faq for the steps, however the offline methods is not working when i using BlackBerry Desktop Software to upgrade it and when i using loader to upgrade it, it could not detect 7.1 OS inside the list. however using BlackBerry Desktop Software it is able to detect the 7.1 but show the error above. any idea how to solve the problem?

Did u follow the updated FAQ? I added one extra step on the new site ;)
might wana consider restarting everything (including download) from step one of the new faq site.

omnifinal

Reaction score
i don see any different from the faqs and what i been doing. may i know what is the addition steps?

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just try following the new site from step one. (truth is, if i said anything, i will be no different from the rest who post and forget and credit everyone else later)

omnifinal

Reaction score
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.