Reaction score
2.67 beta 4 problems

srs and thx dosen't work here alc887
srs works until reboot after that it's greyed out
:s27:

RuSSzz

Reaction score
official Realtek HD R2.67 is out!

official Realtek HD R2.67 is out. Are you gonna make a version 1 mod of it?

There are noise when music is turned off are even better fixed.

i reinstalled my windows and i have again X fi 30 day trial. installing and uninstalling and activating those v2 drivers made my system dont even recodnize my real x fi 96000hz

RuSSzz

Reaction score
srs and thx dosen't work here alc887
srs works until reboot after that it's greyed out
:s27:

That SRS is actualy for alc260 and Dolby is for alc88x/260. but that dts with some bass enhacement ****s it all over so you'll get pleasureless sound.

mang, i just got mac mini and it got even beter sound that x fi and any windows pc soundcard cuz its just a clear mac system sound. my mac processor has no mmx/sse2/sse3 but is has velocity engine. mac runs in every way much smoother you dont even need a high end qraphics card on to play next gen games on it. mac just handels framerate in a perfect way.:s7:

Fatal1tyBD

Reaction score
@ov2rey,I have a Asus G73JH-BST7 with a Realtek Codec ALC269.I have downloaded and installed the package Realtek 2.67 Beta 4 and followed all accordingly but it seems that each and everytime I try to launch Creative Audio Control Panel / Creative Console Launcher I get the message "Current selected audio device is not supported ..."
Can you please help me out?
Thanks in Advance

Last edited:

SnakeV8

Reaction score
You can add for the next driver Sonic Focus and keep all that he already has? I'm using 2.67 and v2 is working very well.

ov2rey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
That SRS is actualy for alc260 and Dolby is for alc88x/260. but that dts with some bass enhacement ****s it all over so you'll get pleasureless sound.

mang, i just got mac mini and it got even beter sound that x fi and any windows pc soundcard cuz its just a clear mac system sound. my mac processor has no mmx/sse2/sse3 but is has velocity engine. mac runs in every way much smoother you dont even need a high end qraphics card on to play next gen games on it. mac just handels framerate in a perfect way.:s7:

please don't post wrong information here, you might make reader misunderstanding.

@ov2rey,I have a Asus G73JH-BST7 with a Realtek Codec ALC269.I have downloaded and installed the package Realtek 2.67 Beta 4 and followed all accordingly but it seems that each and everytime I try to launch Creative Audio Control Panel / Creative Console Launcher I get the message "Current selected audio device is not supported ..."
Can you please help me out?
Thanks in Advance

have you run patch? inside Activation folder

tglim7

Reaction score
sorry, just wondering i have mobo dfi lt x48 with realtek alc885...should i use beta 4 latest version or your stable version? thank u.

tglim7

Reaction score
played battlefield 3 with beta driver v2 n it crashed within few minutes of gaming....
previously use official realtek driver n no issue with it...

ov2rey

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
played battlefield 3 with beta driver v2 n it crashed within few minutes of gaming....
previously use official realtek driver n no issue with it...

are you sure? there are alot people has complain it was graphic driver or BF 3 patch causes crash, you can found those problem from BF3 official forums

sodade21

Reaction score
Hello i have the Realtek® ALC892 and motherboard Msi H67MA-E45 (B3)

I have tried the old mod and the new..same problem. i can install the X-FI but when i try to launch I got error that my audio adapter is not supported. i have done everything i even used drive sweep for clean installations but still same problem.

On my friend pc with Other MSI mobo and another Realtek sound card (i dont remember exactly the number) worked just fine. everything works there without problem.

i have used in the past another mod for xifi 1.2 and worked fine..but not this..any tricks i can try? has anyone else made it work on same specs as mine or at least with that sound chip?

Simsmax

Reaction score
Got some trouble to make x-fi work (getting the message sound adapter not detected) but i solved it closing the x-fi control panel and running again the activator as administrator (without windows secure boot) and it worked both for R266 v1 and R267 v2 beta4. :)

my config:
Realtek ALC 892.
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

It's possible to make the DTS Connect or DDL ( Dolby Digital Live ) work with this driver mod? i'm searching and reading for days to make it work and enjoy the games with a REAL 5.1 effect in the home theater with a optical digital cable, but only fail. :(
With v2 R267 beta4 i can activate the DTS Neo : PC on speaker properties (when configured to 5.1) but i dont know how it's supposed to work, i want real time encoding from 5.1 audio in games to dolby or dts.

Edit:
i've found this:

ht tp://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/519478-creative-x-fi-mb-your-g73-realtek-hd-2-48-a-16.html#post7008676

on another forum, the x-fi control panel has a tab called "ENCODER" or something like that, but mine don't have it. (and realtek site says ALC892 supports DTS Connect).

by the way, thanks for the mod and constant support during all these years. after a lot of researchs i think your project is the unique that keep updating, gratz for great work ov2rey!

Last edited:

SnakeV8

Reaction score

You could include Sonic Focus in your upcoming drivers?

Edit:

I downloaded the dts connect and tried to install the program but him said there: "was no supported hardware". Though the site says which the Realtek ALC892 supports DTS Connect. Why I can not install it? First step is install.

Last edited:

super1

Reaction score
Got some trouble to make x-fi work (getting the message sound adapter not detected) but i solved it closing the x-fi control panel and running again the activator as administrator (without windows secure boot) and it worked both for R266 v1 and R267 v2 beta4. :)

my config:
Realtek ALC 892.
Windows 7 ultimate 64 bits.
Asus M4A88TD-V EVO/USB3

It's possible to make the DTS Connect or DDL ( Dolby Digital Live ) work with this driver mod? i'm searching and reading for days to make it work and enjoy the games with a REAL 5.1 effect in the home theater with a optical digital cable, but only fail. :(
With v2 R267 beta4 i can activate the DTS Neo : PC on speaker properties (when configured to 5.1) but i dont know how it's supposed to work, i want real time encoding from 5.1 audio in games to dolby or dts.

Edit:
i've found this:

ht tp://forum.notebookreview.com/asus-gaming-notebook-forum/519478-creative-x-fi-mb-your-g73-realtek-hd-2-48-a-16.html#post7008676

on another forum, the x-fi control panel has a tab called "ENCODER" or something like that, but mine don't have it. (and realtek site says ALC892 supports DTS Connect).

by the way, thanks for the mod and constant support during all these years. after a lot of researchs i think your project is the unique that keep updating, gratz for great work ov2rey!

Tried your way and still not working :(

$The-King$

Reaction score
tested on alc887 for m5a97 motherboard
and setup is sucsess but dont feel any change when check or uncheck on any option of enhanchment !!

atomizer

Reaction score
Is there a possibility to add additional features like sonic focus into the drivers akin to those found here:
claudiogamespirit.blogspot.com/2011/10/realtek-via-modx-fi.html

Thanks.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.