Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

xpippo

Reaction score
hi, i am looking for a auto private driving instructor at yishun area, preferably with some good track records. any kind soul can introduce their private driving instructors to me?

Epsilon

Reaction score
Helping a colleague to look for BBDC manual instructor. Any recommendation?
If so, please let me know the car model/car plate/fees/contact HP? Thanks a lot :)

kevinkoh1992

Reaction score
hey, how do i know if its the pdi dragging my lessons, or that im just a slow learner, im worried as i an still practicing the same left right u turns for the past 5 lessons. btw im on my tenth lesson

kevinkoh1992

Reaction score
just had another lesson today, went bad, did the same thing again, left right u turn. ive seen good reviews of david puan here, but for me, he has just been shouting at me for the past 7 lessons. thinking of changing pdi to teach circuit. not an enjoyable exp with david

whaleshark87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just had another lesson today, went bad, did the same thing again, left right u turn. ive seen good reviews of david puan here, but for me, he has just been shouting at me for the past 7 lessons. thinking of changing pdi to teach circuit. not an enjoyable exp with david

Did you do the things correctly? Like no wide turns/ mount kerb while u turn etc.

kevinkoh1992

Reaction score
Yea, its just that he says my attitude isnt good in this lesson. Past few lessons he complained of my braking, then my speed control then my judgement and timing. IDK, personally i didn't feel like ive changed my driving style much, but he just keeps complaining about different things as though trying to spot non-existent mistakes =X. I know im just a student, im not in a position to criticize my instructor, but the way he does it just makes me feel like he is dragging my lessons.

Please do comment and let me know whether it is just my problem, and if i should still continue lessons with Mr david puan

whaleshark87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mounting kerb constitutes to a immediate failure. So what do you think? Student or instructor issue? Try to practice more on your accerleration and braking. Some testers do not like jerky rides.

Yea, its just that he says my attitude isnt good in this lesson. Past few lessons he complained of my braking, then my speed control then my judgement and timing. IDK, personally i didn't feel like ive changed my driving style much, but he just keeps complaining about different things as though trying to spot non-existent mistakes =X. I know im just a student, im not in a position to criticize my instructor, but the way he does it just makes me feel like he is dragging my lessons.

Please do comment and let me know whether it is just my problem, and if i should still continue lessons with Mr david puan

kevinkoh1992

Reaction score
I didnt mount kerb! the only time i mounted was the first time i did a right turn on the 2nd lesson. i think perhaps i was turning too fast for his liking for smthing about my unwillingness to slow down

whaleshark87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I didnt mount kerb! the only time i mounted was the first time i did a right turn on the 2nd lesson. i think perhaps i was turning too fast for his liking for smthing about my unwillingness to slow down
Mmmmm... You can try changing pdi to see if it helps you

kevinkoh1992

Reaction score
Then i guess its my fault, since there are people on this forums who commented that David Puan doesn't shout. I must really suck bad =X

cstrikecz

Reaction score
I started parallel parking on the 3rd lesson under him. Did you ask him why you kept doing the same thing over and over again?

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pdi is also human and have temper esp if he teach u late timing
Coz he might have teach other bad students before ur timing

zuldevil

Reaction score
I tell you the same thing I tell everybody who asks this kind of question. If you are not comfortable with the PDI, and if you can afford another registration fee, then fire the bugger.

It's no point trying to learn with a heavy heart. And at 5th lesson, only doing left turns and u-turns, sounds a bit wrong. Should've done everything else at least once already.

Personally, I know how you feel 'cause I've had multiple crappy PDIs before, and so I would recommend you leave.

All the best with your driving journey. :)

zuldevil

Reaction score
Pdi is also human and have temper esp if he teach u late timing
Coz he might have teach other bad students before ur timing

If he can't separate the issues between other students, then he shouldn't be teaching, or at the very least, he should take a longer break between lessons to cool down.

I wouldn't blame the student.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.