No posting of Selling/Buying Threads, No Referral Codes, Read more here pls...

Matthew Fam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear members, a friendly reminder to all members of the following.....

1) Please avoid trying to create new thread/s on similar topics that are already having an ongoing discussion with existing thread/s in the forum.

Hope you guys can help to keep this forum a "tidy" place...... Without the duplicating or threads with similar topic all over the forum.

2) Kindly avoid creating new threads as and when possible if it is not necessary, by posting on a current thread/s will always lead to better respond due to the followers of any particularly interesting thread/s. Spare a thoughts for the rest, and their feelings when the forum is filled with similarly related threads.

3) Also be reminded that NO sales related thread/post should be posted in the Mobile Comm forum at all time, includes all the Nokia, SE, MOTO, and others supporter forums. This includes sales, resale, advertising, spamming, re-link of sales thread from another forum, etc.

Please use our Classified Ads service or the Mobile Phones Bazaar forum if you intend to sell/trade/buy any products

4) The no advertising policy also applies to signature of members.

5) Please do not create thread for the purpose of asking any particular member of the forum, we do provide Private Message function for that.

All threads will either be closed or move to the appropriate forum if necessary.

Last edited by a moderator:

karlie

Reaction score
Re: Friendly Reminder - Kindly read.......

Matthew Fam said:
Dear members,
a friendly reminder to all members that, please avoid trying to create new thread/s on similar topics that are already having an ongoing discussion with existing thread/s in the forum.

That's why, IMHO, we need each thread to discuss a specific topic, not several.
and stick to it.

GamerZ

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Re: Re: Friendly Reminder - Kindly read.......

karlie said:

That's why, IMHO, we need each thread to discuss a specific topic, not several.
and stick to it.
ppl tend to get carried away after few replies

Reaction score
i got a question... let's say u want to organize a mass order for say some bluetooth stuff, then where do you post it? can post a mass order here? coz if you put here instead of classified or garage, then it's more relevant to the people here, right?

zum

Reaction score
just like to know how was the discussion. i feel that Singapore21 recommendation is pretty valid. it makes its easier to follow certain threads.

there could be brand categories followed by models.

Brand : Samsung
Model : V200, E700
thread topic: bugs, firmware, technical specifications.

then another category could be general where if the topics is not specific to brand or technical questions. topics such as 6230 v E398 or price plans...

but then again, the admin will have more tasks on their hands as they will need to create more sub categories also have to move certain threads to the right forums in case they are placed wrongly.

currently some threads have progressed to more than 1K replies. it is quite a daunting task to search through all the posts for just one or two pieces of information. when users find it too troublesome, they tend to start another thread asking for same or similar informaiton. then some forumers will post say question ask before. search for it. it is a catch 20-20 situation.

Last edited:

Matthew Fam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can make use of the buy/sell(classified ads) section as long as it is a personal trading and not related to commercial trading.

Subaru_WRX said:
i agree.....is there such a place where there are trading involve?? :cool: :cool: :cool:

Matthew Fam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
We do not permit mass order of products in the forum unless the particular product is not available on sale in Singapore officially.

If anyone wants to organise any mass order activity please contract any of the admin if you are unsure.

maxell_diskettes said:
i got a question... let's say u want to organize a mass order for say some bluetooth stuff, then where do you post it? can post a mass order here? coz if you put here instead of classified or garage, then it's more relevant to the people here, right?

Matthew Fam

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
:)
If the demand is there. We will create more forums. :) We are all ears for suggestion and input :)

zum said:
just like to know how was the discussion. i feel that Singapore21 recommendation is pretty valid. it makes its easier to follow certain threads.

there could be brand categories followed by models.

Brand : Samsung
Model : V200, E700
thread topic: bugs, firmware, technical specifications.

then another category could be general where if the topics is not specific to brand or technical questions. topics such as 6230 v E398 or price plans...

but then again, the admin will have more tasks on their hands as they will need to create more sub categories also have to move certain threads to the right forums in case they are placed wrongly.

currently some threads have progressed to more than 1K replies. it is quite a daunting task to search through all the posts for just one or two pieces of information. when users find it too troublesome, they tend to start another thread asking for same or similar informaiton. then some forumers will post say question ask before. search for it. it is a catch 20-20 situation.

nizam

Reaction score
I don't speak for the rest of the moderators, but this is a personal comment/request.

We moderators have noticed many users advertising their companies' websites in their signatures. Seemingly innocent, but they have the same intention... TO ADVERTISE. This clearly breaks one of the rules in the Mobile Communication SIG.

I do not wish to see such signatures in the future. To be fair, everyone is given 3 days (up till Wednesday) to amend their signatures, so that there is no form of advertisement.

To those members who have been giving feedback to the moderators, we thank you for your time and effort.

Members who persist in putting advertisements of any form in their signatures and/or postings will be given a warning via PM, followed by further action, if the signatures are not amended.

Thank you.

Nizam
Mobile Communication SIG, Nokia Mobile Phone

earthyblue

Master Member
Reaction score
nizam said:
I don't speak for the rest of the moderators, but this is a personal comment/request.

We moderators have noticed many users advertising their companies' websites in their signatures. Seemingly innocent, but they have the same intention... TO ADVERTISE. This clearly breaks one of the rules in the Mobile Communication SIG.

I do not wish to see such signatures in the future. To be fair, everyone is given 3 days (up till Wednesday) to amend their signatures, so that there is no form of advertisement.

To those members who have been giving feedback to the moderators, we thank you for your time and effort.

Members who persist in putting advertisements of any form in their signatures and/or postings will be given a warning via PM, followed by further action, if the signatures are not amended.

Thank you.

Nizam
Mobile Communication SIG, Nokia Mobile Phone

Dear mods,

I have seen retailers registering nicks to promote their shop names and prices of their stuff. And also putting their website as links to their merchandises that they are selling.

It is not wrong for retailers to register a nick in HWZ to participate in discussions. But to some retailers, they are stepping over the line by using the forum and their nick to create awareness for their shop and also the products they are selling. In short they are advertising on a commercial purpose which I think no one need to guess much on their true intentions of why they are in HWZ

In short, these members should be banned.

Don't you think so?

Dr.Vijay

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Most definitely - please point us to such occurrences.

Dear mods,

I have seen retailers registering nicks to promote their shop names and prices of their stuff. And also putting their website as links to their merchandises that they are selling.

It is not wrong for retailers to register a nick in HWZ to participate in discussions. But to some retailers, they are stepping over the line by using the forum and their nick to create awareness for their shop and also the products they are selling. In short they are advertising on a commercial purpose which I think no one need to guess much on their true intentions of why they are in HWZ

In short, these members should be banned.

Don't you think so?

We've done some level of clean-up, but we'll definitely benefit if more members can report the offending posts for our further action. Thank you!

I was browsing the marketplace forum and I notice people are spamming their items, repeating threads which can be a few pages. Worse still, they are not relevant to the category (e.g selling TVs in the Mobile Phone and Accessories section).

Can the mods do anything about this?

Thanks.

Intrinion

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score
[Referral Codes] Forum's Stance

It has come to my attention on the prevalence of referral codes being posted in Mobile Communication Tech. Kindly note that this is not allowed under the Forum's Terms of Use and will warrant warnings/ interactions / bans which may limit access to the forums.

All posts that have advertising and promotion content nature ARE not allowed with the forums. They will be removed with prior warning by our Moderators. External links to commercial websites with the intent to profit and/or promote a commercial entity are not allowed. Repeated offence by any member will be deemed as an act of purpose violation of our Terms of Use and www.hardwarezone.com® reserves the right to ban offenders from using this forums without prior notice.

This forum should be a place for information sharing and community. It should not be a place where users monetize and take advantage of one another. A simple illustration of the effects of referrals is as follows: If I permit 1 user to do so, 10 will follow. This number will exponentially increase and proper forum discussions will come to a halt or perhaps be cleverly hidden under the guise of “helpful” posts. It has happened in many forums. Most of those have either closed or have become empty derelict shells full of advertisements but void of constructive or helpful content.

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.