Rumors on Japan radiation..

Jayce_Gal

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone went to Japan recenty and have done a radiation check?

I was advised by my sister yesterday to not go to Japan as she has friends who came back to Sg and had done a radiation chk n found 10x the amount of radiation in their bodies..

Others said their friends friend can't give birth forever due to the radiation.. Or another version.. Can't give birth until Only 7 yrs later.. It's always the friend's friend..

Whats ur take?

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score

I was advised by my sister yesterday to not go to Japan as she has friends who came back to Sg and had done a radiation chk n found 10x the amount of radiation in their bodies..

Others said their friends friend can't give birth forever due to the radiation.. Or another version.. Can't give birth until Only 7 yrs later.. It's always the friend's friend..

Whats ur take?

Yeah, I've heard that my "friend's friend" also can't give birth.
Also heard of "friend's friend" come back and start to vomit.
But until I read a verifiable news report, I won't think too much about it.
If it's really such a big issue, Singapore news won't be so quiet.

If you compare radiation levels, there's many places in Europe where radiation levels are very high as well, but people don't think twice of going.

See this: STOMP - Singapore Seen - Untrue SMS being circulated that radiation from Japan n-leak spreading to rest of Asia

mockngbrdy

Reaction score
Ive' also heard this story 2wice from different sources now... i'm not glowing yet tho.. and no superpowers

evilerniex

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Whats ur take?

the 7 years cant give birth story i heard before also. i always have doubts about stories that are from friend's friend. somehow it is never from someone we actually know.

nevertheless, no one can say for sure whether there is any effect of radiation in japan... not even the scientists/experts studying radiation. so it is up to urself whether u feel comfortable going there or not. no point going there if ur are afraid, worrying about the food and drinks u take there, and continuing to worry after coming back

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
BLACK★ROCK SHOOTER;63906272 said:
radiation levels in singapore is higher than tokyo...

any black and white paper say this what u wrote above haha. OK curious too hahhaa

samtcy

Master Member
Reaction score
any black and white paper say this what u wrote above haha. OK curious too hahhaa

Go to the link I provided above.

NEA recently stopped monitoring since last month but they have monitored daily for last year cuz I remembered checking the levels every day for 2 weeks before I go for my Nov 2011 Japan trip and during those period, Singapore's levels were indeed higher than Tokyo's.

Last edited:

fabian79

Reaction score
if it is really that bad, im sure mfa will warn us from going there already.
Im sure they dont want us carry the radiation back to sg right :D

pker88

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
if it is really that bad, im sure mfa will warn us from going there already.
Im sure they dont want us carry the radiation back to sg right :D

hahha flabby bro
should change yen as now yen gone down botbad u went chjabge some more. too as khakis wanna buy stuffs so I'm helping then buy stuffs

lucky I upgraded to a delsey 30" luggage last year hahahha

Webbyboy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hahha flabby bro
should change yen as now yen gone down botbad u went chjabge some more. too as khakis wanna buy stuffs so I'm helping then buy stuffs

lucky I upgraded to a delsey 30" luggage last year hahahha

I am going to bring my rimowa 29" together with my samsonite 25" next time hehe

zacafronso

Reaction score
If you are really concern, maybe you can consider going to okinawa. It is on the southern tip off japan main island. Check out this website sugoiokinawa.net. They have one article specifically covering radiation in Japan. Got a lot of details. You go slowly read.

If still very concern, maybe you can bring along a radiation detector. I think you can buy it off amazon.com. I think the article also got cover that.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.