Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I fully understand, hence reason for me overlooking that particular pricelist all this while.

Yup i understand about the specifications part, but i just want to know if based on this GPU core and the 1gb VRAM, can it still drive 3xFHD mointors smoothly with 1 playing a video?

My currently sapphire 5450 512mb is fail at doing 1 FHD and 1 17inch.

Thank you!
Should be enough. Actually i also don't know why your current card will lag..

Felfirez

Master Member
Reaction score
I fully understand, hence reason for me overlooking that particular pricelist all this while.

Yup i understand about the specifications part, but i just want to know if based on this GPU core and the 1gb VRAM, can it still drive 3xFHD mointors smoothly with 1 playing a video?

My currently sapphire 5450 512mb is fail at doing 1 FHD and 1 17inch.

Thank you!

It's not about the Vram that's causing the lag. More towards processing which is due to your CPU. The amount of ram plays a part too.

bryaneo

Reaction score
Ya lor, really that jia lat? not doubting you, but i've been mointoring CPU usage and during those instances it never goes above 30+ % leh.

I do agree it could be the ram though, 3GB is the max i can go since this is a DDR2 system. Not cost effective to go any further. That's why i thought a SSD will help give it 1 or 2 more years of life.

E4400 that cui ar? :s11:

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think so...but i nv bought asus graphic b4=:p, but might be or just get amd 7870 or back to lower end like 6870...if lastly the price and performance does really match wat i want den i will go get it. but i still have my doubts on ASUS LOUD Fan on Full Speed. Well for gaming use high fan to cool down and auto speed for idle and normal work.

ZrE0_Cha0s

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
7970 the most fastes, but if not urgent or can w8 a new nivida card is coming out name is 670ti. but 7970 has 3GB and 670ti has 2GB.

selkies

Reaction score
When kepler is out amd 7000 series price will decrease, i say wait for the performance of the nvidia. Get a 7950 and oc it to 7970 stock speed.

GreenArrow2002

Reaction score
Happens to meet an old army buddy who is having a stall at the IT 2012 fair. Hooted this card to replace my GTX470 at a very special price for paling ME3 collector item.

P1050555.jpg

P1050557.jpg

Games like Skyrim, Syndicate and Battlefield 3 are gorgeous running with this card. Even wife also commented the graphics look nice

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.