Those who are buying USED blackberry devices from dealers / internet sellers...

DailyRoutine

Reaction score
This one sounds like still tied. Do you have BIS?
If so, on the spot try ur SIM card in the phone.
Else, borrow the seller's sim card to try bbm :o

my office havent activated my BIS yet.
if the seller inserts his SIM and can still use BBM, this means the PIN has not been released yet. correct?

anyway, i have called Singtel and provided them with the PIN. they told me this PIN is not in their system.

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi, I have a situation.

a) Bought a 9650 export set. went to check pin and imei validity, it says : "Your device has not yet been registered with the network. Please refer to the Getting Started documentation on how to register your device before you continue. .......", so I assume that my device pin was not blacklisted or clone.

b) I'm not on BIS, im just on the surflite Data plan from Starhub. When I plug and play my sim into my 9650, I can surf internet using bold and Opera. I can even download whatsapp and use it. However, about 20 mins later, all internet connection fails, can oni call and recieve sms. The phone has to be resetted (by taking out batt or by press alt, aA and del keys). after resetting, all back to normal, can surf and whatsapp but again, only for 20+ min, problem resurface again.

my qns:

1) Base on my discription (a), Is my pin being released by previous owner?, definitely from US as its a unlock Sprint (US Telco) device.

2) base on (b), its that normal for a non-BIS user to experience such situation? or there are other reasons to suggest this e.g some settings error?

3) any other ways to solve (b), less converting to a BIS?

thanks for reading and hope someone can help me on this.

Hey bro. Your pin is definitely not blacklisted. Cause I brought a new phone from telco and I got the same text as u from the verification website. As for the 2nd part, I'm using smartsurf w/o bis and also having the same problem. So I think its probably because of the absence of bis and not the hardware fault.

Cheers

kingsfall

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just to check. so ill need a sim card with bis to verify whether the bb's pin is release and not blacklisted?

paperheart

Reaction score
Hey guys, hope someone could help me out here. :look: I was intending to get a used bb from a 2nd hand shop and did as advised regarding the check as to whether the pin is released.

when i slotted the card in and loaded singtel.blackberry.com, instead of seeing the screenshots that were posted here, it showed me the list of my email accounts that i have linked to my BIS account previously.

What does this mean? : |

thanks in advance people! :)

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Welcome back to bb

Means should not have an issue for nao

Hey guys, hope someone could help me out here. :look: I was intending to get a used bb from a 2nd hand shop and did as advised regarding the check as to whether the pin is released.

when i slotted the card in and loaded singtel.blackberry.com, instead of seeing the screenshots that were posted here, it showed me the list of my email accounts that i have linked to my BIS account previously.

What does this mean? : |

thanks in advance people! :)

soulboi

Reaction score
Hi fellow bb user, I would just like to share this. Cause I read that on page 5 or 6 that someone commented its not necessary to release the pin. Both my gf n me is using bb, and both on singtel. However she juz change to a new bb n I took hers to try. And I manage to use her bb to use the bis service without calling telco to release the pin, so my guess is as long as the 2nd hand set is also from the same telco, it shld be alright if the seller nv release. (This is my guess only) :)

xtramadness

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow bb user, I would just like to share this. Cause I read that on page 5 or 6 that someone commented its not necessary to release the pin. Both my gf n me is using bb, and both on singtel. However she juz change to a new bb n I took hers to try. And I manage to use her bb to use the bis service without calling telco to release the pin, so my guess is as long as the 2nd hand set is also from the same telco, it shld be alright if the seller nv release. (This is my guess only) :)

With the new BIS system, by right no need. But to play safe in event of cock up, its better to release

JamesAlvez

Reaction score
Why everytime i'm switch off mu Q10, all data etc contact, sms, bb id is gone? My phone has empty evrytime switch off? Please somebody help me...

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.