M1 FIBRE BROADBAND DISCUSSION / NETWORKING SETUP / INFO / PROMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

AhWise

Reaction score
what about existing customer using the white ONT but never sign up for any fixed voice?
As long its white Nucleus Connect ONT, fixed voice is not able to provision from the ONT as the design wasn't built for voice at that time.

Existing subscribers can request to provision the phoneline without the RG or not ah?

I am still using the white ONT and location is at Aljuned.

Existing customer with the White Nucleus Connect modem is not able to switch to the Black ONT modem.

like that not very fair to the ones who sign up early....
i using the white ONT.
why cannot change to the newer black ONT so i can have the free voice??

I also asked this Qn. But guess this is the limitation for now before this whole thing can slowly roll out & covered the entire singapore. As long white ont, fixed voice must through the RG.

Last edited:

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Existing customer with the White Nucleus Connect modem is not able to switch to the Black ONT modem.

like that not very fair to the ones who sign up early....
i using the white ONT.
why cannot change to the newer black ONT so i can have the free voice??
Is it the case? You called M1 to confirm liao ah?

Wah, if confirm the case, I think really unfair to the old subscribers who are with them since the beginning liao.

ngbc

Master Member
Reaction score
Current Areas Affected: Ang Mo Kio, Hougang, Yishun, Admiralty, Yio Chu Kang, Sembawang
(Will update the list if I encounter more)

Cheers!
Alvin

Only these areas in RED can be provisioned with fixed line on the Black ONT?

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
As long its white Nucleus Connect ONT, fixed voice is not able to provision from the ONT as the design wasn't built for voice at that time.

I also asked this Qn. But guess this is the limitation for now before this whole thing can slowly roll out & covered the entire singapore. As long white ont, fixed voice must through the RG.
Not so good leh. :(

SPEED

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we wait for AhWise to feedback us more details.
i think all shld have black ONT
matter of time.

If early birds dont get the benefits also not very fair.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
we wait for AhWise to feedback us more details.
i think all shld have black ONT
matter of time.

If early birds dont get the benefits also not very fair.
It is a matter of time I believe too, it's just when.

I have dropped M1 an email. See what they reply.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ahtea pls post here what M1 reply you
thanks!
:yawn:
Sure thing. I believe they will give me a call sometime next week to follow up my feedback.

I have a feeling, the change will not take place so soon for old subscribers. But let's see, given M1's good customer relationship efforts, let's see what they can work out for us.

AhWise

Reaction score
i also hope everything work out fine for you guys =)
tired & time to sleep liao, tomorrow another long day for me :o

Will try to update if I had any info, what drafted out just now is sill a draft copy which will amend as and when.

Goodnight peeps!

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i also hope everything work out fine for you guys =)
tired & time to sleep liao, tomorrow another long day for me :o

Will try to update if I had any info, what drafted out just now is sill a draft copy which will amend as and when.

Goodnight peeps!
Thanks for the timely updates.

Have a good rest. :)

czheyuan

Master Member
Reaction score
It is a matter of time I believe too, it's just when.

I have dropped M1 an email. See what they reply.

I guess M1 will sooner or later replace all white ONT with the black ones as M1 can save $6/mth to pay Nucleus Connect. But the swap may be costly to them too as need to pay deactivation fees to NC and Opennet.

I was one of the lucky ones to be among the first few to own the black ONT last year. Subscribed to fixed voice too. Shall see what updates M1 will provide :)

j_t_fusion

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Still need to rent the RG.

Unless you have the black ONT than maybe they will allow direct provision.

zzz... the need to rent the RG in order to enjoy fixed voice is one of the reasons why i choose not to sign up for fixed voice...

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I guess M1 will sooner or later replace all white ONT with the black ones as M1 can save $6/mth to pay Nucleus Connect. But the swap may be costly to them too as need to pay deactivation fees to NC and Opennet.

I was one of the lucky ones to be among the first few to own the black ONT last year. Subscribed to fixed voice too. Shall see what updates M1 will provide :)
Ya, in any way, it is still cost for them. I also believe if they want to do the swap for those existing users with the white ONT, they will also need to turn on the second fibre point (which some of us who installed in the first few batch does not have) to allow the seamless transfer.

Don't quote me, it is just my speculation.

ahtea

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
zzz... the need to rent the RG in order to enjoy fixed voice is one of the reasons why i choose not to sign up for fixed voice...
Wait for the day they issue you letter tell you they will swap to the new ONT for you than sign lor.

Now I am also stucked with the white ONT and $2 extra per month for the voice service.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.