ASUS Transformer Prime

nitrous_oxide

Reaction score
hi all, I'm planning to get a Prime instead of a laptop, but I'm not sure if it fits to my needs

so hope all users can give some advice

Needs
powerpoint presentation, able to connect to most connectors/projector etc
editing of the slides
editing of MS word/ .docx
mostly used to business presentation and such.

light gaming, watching of movies, reading books.

Already have a rather capable desktop, the Prime would mostly be used for presentation.

phenol

Reaction score
hi all, I'm planning to get a Prime instead of a laptop, but I'm not sure if it fits to my needs

so hope all users can give some advice

Needs
powerpoint presentation, able to connect to most connectors/projector etc
editing of the slides
editing of MS word/ .docx
mostly used to business presentation and such.

light gaming, watching of movies, reading books.

Already have a rather capable desktop, the Prime would mostly be used for presentation.

Connect to projector : haven't tried. I think there is mini usb to vga. Hdmi connectivity definitely have.
Presenting from your tablet: never tried. I haven't really seen an app that does presentation unless you are referring to remote access then this tablet has splashtop streamer that does it.
Light games definitely ok. Tegra is made for gaming.
Word processing/slides editing but I doubt it can edit full functions. But ok la it is done with an in built app called polaris office. This app can't save Microsoft 2010 file types though. . Pdf annotation also can be done through an app.
Movies definitely ok. It is a basic functions now. Reading books : there is amazon Kindle app.

SeaWaLK

Reaction score
Polaris office allows you to play powerpoint slide shows. So if you can connect prime to projector via vga or hdmi connectors shld be no problem. If you want to save as 2010 formet you can download 3rd party office from market. Have to pay though. I have been using prime to edit documents and excel and use powerpoint for rehearsing. But do note that the functions are definitely limited (i.e no fanciful styles).

And ya, gaming, movies, reading are definitely no-brainer on prime.

chowter

Reaction score
Anyone tried to connect a gamepad to it? Read Logitech and wired xbox controller are compatible.

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I connect my Wiimote to it, then can play emulator games via Classic Controller.

Roumillou

Reaction score
Funan Newstead

Hi,

I have been walking in Funan Challenge (6 Floor) yesterday evenning and saw some primes (one guy purchasing the champagne version), but didn't see if it was with dock or not.

But was unable to find any screen protector ...

trabunco

Reaction score
I don't have the screen protector yet as well. Still researching what to get and also the sleeve or casing.

So far I'm a happy owner. Before mine was updated to ICS, I've checked the issue that most people complain regarding the GPS and wifi connection. The Prime gave me exactly where I am and the wifi is comparable to my desktop connection.

After I upgraded to ICS, the GPS is still accurate but the wifi is much better even faster than my desktop.

I'm planning to get the casing from Amazon.

nitrous_oxide

Reaction score
Connect to projector : haven't tried. I think there is mini usb to vga. Hdmi connectivity definitely have.
Presenting from your tablet: never tried. I haven't really seen an app that does presentation unless you are referring to remote access then this tablet has splashtop streamer that does it.
Light games definitely ok. Tegra is made for gaming.
Word processing/slides editing but I doubt it can edit full functions. But ok la it is done with an in built app called polaris office. This app can't save Microsoft 2010 file types though. . Pdf annotation also can be done through an app.
Movies definitely ok. It is a basic functions now. Reading books : there is amazon Kindle app.

Polaris office allows you to play powerpoint slide shows. So if you can connect prime to projector via vga or hdmi connectors shld be no problem. If you want to save as 2010 formet you can download 3rd party office from market. Have to pay though. I have been using prime to edit documents and excel and use powerpoint for rehearsing. But do note that the functions are definitely limited (i.e no fanciful styles).

And ya, gaming, movies, reading are definitely no-brainer on prime.

Thanks for the help :D:D

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I don't have the screen protector yet as well. Still researching what to get and also the sleeve or

I'm planning to get the casing from Amazon.
the prime smart cover, origami style, is available in sgp..(newstead n some challenger). but if u need full suit, incl back, amazon, ebay, gmarket do offer.

Acid_Android

Reaction score
Woot i realised my prime gps is working. Can get at least 8 satellites. On the latest patch .15 now

Screenshot_2012-02-26-12-37-18.jpg

Last edited:

phenol

Reaction score
Oh btw, is there a search function in the default email app?

I am going to test my gps with the new. 15 patch

Think my gps is still facing an issue but wifi can pin point me correctly.

Last edited:

doremi_

Reaction score
Preordered from funan microwave last week, still pending stock arrival.

Any one bought nice case? Let's share...

trabunco

Reaction score
the prime smart cover, origami style, is available in sgp..(newstead n some challenger). but if u need full suit, incl back, amazon, ebay, gmarket do offer.

Bro just be careful with the origami sleeve. I've read from some of the reviews that it scratched their Prime.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro just be careful with the origami sleeve. I've read from some of the reviews that it scratched their Prime.
had the case since day 1 with prime..no issue. its fold do leave a impression behind(not sure this.is the correct expression) else need a like case, like sikai for tf101...else, case is almost 3/4 weight of tablet...and add burden to carry a round.

alterner

Reaction score
anyone

anyone looking for a dock , I have new one in my hand. I just bought prime with a dock but I only need a tablet. if interested, I would like to sell my dock at 140SGD. Anyone interested, pm me at 9224 7010.

kyleongwl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone looking for a dock , I have new one in my hand. I just bought prime with a dock but I only need a tablet. if interested, I would like to sell my dock at 140SGD. Anyone interested, pm me at 9224 7010.
color? this will prevent unwanted calls or sms

hamudi

Reaction score
After 3 months of waitin'/huntin' for a Transformer Prime, i finally got one today at Newstead(Funan) w/ docking (Champage Gold)!!

Chargin' it right now, just on it to see the wonderful display.
Can't wait to download apps/root it!! Heeehhh :D

- Mr Hamudi, Welcome to the Asus Transformer Prime Club! ;)

guile

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Hi, what colour is it? Just wondering how warranty is covered should anything happen to the dock.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.