ASUS Transformer Prime

yhw22

Master Member
Reaction score
what about the accessories? like the sleeve or a casing?

SGD$69 from Newstead only. 3rd party go online. Don't bother to find it in SG!!!! Based on TFT101 experience, til now still can't find a single accessories from 3rd party in SG. :(:(

amadeus

Reaction score
hi all bros that own a transformer prime.

i just bought a set for my wife yesterday. was playing with the device when its still in Honeycomb OS and everything is smooth. wifi is also like 3 out of 4 bar in my living room.
However, after upgrading it to ICS as the system prompt me today the wifi seems to be very weak and most of the time, I am left with only 1 bar in my living room. Before upgrading, it seems like full bar or 3 bar on the wifi signal strength indicator but now it seems like dropping.

any bros experience the same after upgrading to ICS ? If yes, how do you guys solve it ?

ADD: by the way, wife mention that she wont need the keyboard dock. any bros interested to buy ? mine is the grey color. the dock is still sealed in plastic packaging. please PM me if interested. thanks all bros

Last edited:

phenol

Reaction score
Woot i realised my prime gps is working. Can get at least 8 satellites. On the latest patch .15 now

Screenshot_2012-02-26-12-37-18.jpg

Yo bro, can ask if you are connected to the net while doing this?

pokster

Reaction score
Transformer Pad 300 vs transformer prime.. what's the diff except for the storage? any pros can sharE?

mystril

Reaction score
Prime 32GB : 759 ----- 899 (with dock)
Pad 16GB : 599 ----- 739* (with dock)
Infinity 32GB : 859 ----- 999* (with dock)

Asus won't let Pad 300 cannabilise Prime sales.
Ideally Pad 300 + Dock should be more expensive than Prime 32GB. Otherwise, users will see Pad 300 as a better choice. Asus Prime will slowly fade into oblivion. ICS will be it's last Firmware.

Jellybean could be supported in Pad300/Infinity. Purely Speculative.

Infinity ideally is what the Prime "early adopters" are waiting for!

Should release Q3-Q4. Late Aug -- Early Oct Release.
Could be earlier since they have the Platings/Materials already.

*Speculative Pricing
Value could plummet due to 2nd Gen Tablets (Samsung10.1, Huawei, HTC, Toshiba, Sony, Motorola etc) All are serious contenders. Tegra 3 be peak by Q2-Q4. Peak be Late Q3.

By Nov-Dec then, Tegra 4 will start to "leak" out. Deja Vu all over.

Product Differentiation
Pad has no IPS+, "Cheaper" Material, Thicker, Less Battery
Infinity has 1200p vs 900p. Else is subjective and speculative.

Caveat Emptor and Trends
Prime is currently the King. Ipad3 will dethrone it shortly but Brand Loyalty and Users' Preferences should keep marketshare relatively unchanged. Key is the Pricing.

Prime has no Wacom Pens! This no doubt will be serious flaw few months later when Samsung outs its Tab10.1 with Pen & Accurate Screen for Notetaking. Then, people will start complaining again.. Sign~

Alas, not to mention the Sleeping Giant, Windows 8. If Windows 8 Tablet Version supports Windows' Applications and at a competitive pricing, Android will take a hit as it's neither backed by their own OS (Ipad - Mac OS, WinPad - Win8)

However Windows 8 Tablet will take 1-3 years to be widely adopted if it *manages* to iron out issues -- Similar to Android Honeycomb --> ICS.

Whats best for Value Buyers
Keep an eye for old Transformer 100 or "Flawed" Prime TFT200 deals. With these over-publicised flaws, sellers have a hard time selling it when market is saturated with affordable Tablet offerings from 1st Gen Tablets.

Sell before Market is Saturated.

User's Choice
Prime is a very good Tablet. The hardware capabilities has outstripped the App's demands. The rest is just optimization for Softwares.

Prime is an excellent companion and current users are most likely enjoying Glowball on their IPS+ screen. It's how you use it Matters!

Be spoilt for choices!

Last edited:

ExoWraith

Master Member
Reaction score
If Windows 8 release with ARM support you could very well be using Windows 8 on Transformer Prime

Acid_Android

Reaction score
Yo bro, can ask if you are connected to the net while doing this?

Based on my screenshot yes. But it was tested wif assisted gps off. I believe thres some cache of my location dats y its able to detect. Did it wif even wifi off and it works well and can reach to 14 sats

phenol

Reaction score
Based on my screenshot yes. But it was tested wif assisted gps off. I believe thres some cache of my location dats y its able to detect. Did it wif even wifi off and it works well and can reach to 14 sats

can check with you the results if you were to switch the net off? will you be able to post some results on the number of satelliyes detected? Thanks

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.