Use 2wire 2701hgv-e with starhub cable

jlpk007

Master Member
Reaction score
great post..i am also planning to jump to Starhub and use this 2wire wireless modem as a wireless router for starhub gateway..:)

HoGnix

Reaction score
I am not encourage/discourage people to flash to non-Singtel firmware, flash alwaye involves the risk.
Here I only provide the relavent info and solution for the TS to make use this 2wire modem on non-Singtel line service.
So far I know, only Singtel V6 firmware blocked the WAN connection. Qwest firmware does not. (after flash, you can use WAN, but if you have reset the modem, it does not have option to select the WAN connection again)

Last edited:

adlky

Reaction score
Thanks for your post! I just tried this to connect my 2wire with M1 cable broadband and it works too!!

Saved me some money buying a new wireless router.:)

Does anyone know if the 2wire will work with SIP phone too?

shotz

Reaction score
Hi marineX,
Can the 2wire 2701hgv-e be connected directly to the ONT bypassing the 5012nv ? Just in case 5012nv become faulty.

me noob

sidmania

Reaction score
Awesome post! A borrowed Linksys WRT120N router was trashy for wireless.

Now i have re-used the 2wire from my terminated Singtel acct as a normal routing device. IT has been great when i was on Singnet.

tan1cs

Reaction score
I'm trying to use my 2wire 2701hgv-e (firmwire v5.xx) as a router to work with my newly setup SBV5121 cable modem. Used the instructions outlined my MarineX but hit error :-
ERROR
The hardware address entry can only use hexadecimal digits (0-9, A-F, a-f) and it must also be a unicast address.

My config screen also has an additional section at the top which is not seen on the screen dumps by MarineX.

DSL and ATM Settings
DSL Line Selection: Line 1 (inner pair)
ATM Circuit Identifier: VPI: VCI:

ATM Encapsulation: Bridged LLC Bridged VC-Mux Routed LLC Routed VC-Mux
ATM PVC Search: Enabled Disabled

What settings should I enter?

Appreciate your help.

liangtam

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need what. Reset the router first, under config in broadband link non mdc page, select direct ip. Done.

mRSlow

Reaction score
downgrade?

only through malifax.

Hi bro sorry for disturbing u , i using starhub modem . . i wan to use 2wire modem at my wireless router , but it was v6 so i flash it to qwest firmware . . but i dont know how to do the setting for it . . able to help me ?

zipper168

Reaction score
Sorry to dig out this old thread...

Any expert please advise how to make my 2701HGV-E (FW ver 6.xx) to act simply as an AP for my star hub sbv5121 (for multiple PCs/HPs).

thx in advance.

HoGnix

Reaction score
Sorry to dig out this old thread...

Any expert please advise how to make my 2701HGV-E (FW ver 6.xx) to act simply as an AP for my star hub sbv5121 (for multiple PCs/HPs).

thx in advance.

Flash to Qwest Firmware and configure it as a Broadband Router.

devilhell

Reaction score
Anyone configure using V6 firmware? I've tried and it worked but the setting reset after i reboot everything. Anyone know how to keep those setting including the wireless setting?

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.