The Official Xperia S thread

tazzi80

Master Member
Reaction score
Shiok, change from galaxy S2. Paid someone to recontract from singtelshop.com. Paid $730 in total for all these.

2vcgbnt.jpg

timberland

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Rakuten! Tons of it, as long as u dont mind paying shipping costs

how long does the shipping takes ?

and i cannot read japanese words.

i placed an order already

they sent me an email and i dun freaking understand at all. :vijay:

nonameless

Reaction score
i notice the phone has a screen protector factory applied after peeling off the instruction 1. sooooo do i still need to use the other screen protector given in the box ?

Chevalier

Master Member
Reaction score
i notice the phone has a screen protector factory applied after peeling off the instruction 1. sooooo do i still need to use the other screen protector given in the box ?

wah i didnt notice that man.....isst really a sp? it does seem as if there is another layer of something there..........

misashiX

Reaction score
Shiok, change from galaxy S2. Paid someone to recontract from singtelshop.com. Paid $730 in total for all these.

2vcgbnt.jpg

Haha, I got the same stuff for $168, using recontact of ivalue 2(368) and call in to ask for phone voucher(100) plus 24month data recontact(100). Singtel deal really worth it. But u have to go down to make the purchase.

cloudaeris

Reaction score
Thanks for the detailed info. :) :) Can't wait to get mine now. The people at singtel approved my request to re-contract early! :D praying hard the person handling my trade in is a technical noob or wont bother to check my rom. :p lazy to unroot.

yeah like someone said, android market has changed into google play. the icon on chrome looks nice so i hope it looks as good as the app icon lol.

wondering if the free gifts are worth the trouble to go down to suntec and queue..

recontract earlier? my contract is less than 1 year old, can I request them for the same thing? cause as I know u nid to at least pass the 1 year mark to recontract n purchase the phone.

Spock

Master Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

xerome

Reaction score
unlocked.....rooted then relocked it :p

Relocking the phone the warrenty still in effect? Cuz when u unlock the bootloader you have to enter your phone's IMEI into sony's database... Think that step alone blacklists your phone for warrenty?

takumee

Reaction score
anyone finds the home buttons insensitive.

i always have to press slightly a bit harder.

also, always will press together with the apps..

anpanbun

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
recontract earlier? my contract is less than 1 year old, can I request them for the same thing? cause as I know u nid to at least pass the 1 year mark to recontract n purchase the phone.
If I'm not wrong, littlehitsuji was a few days earlier than the 21mths. You do need to complete at least 12mths to be eligible for mobile upgrade. Hope this helps.

misashiX

Reaction score
anyone finds the home buttons insensitive.

i always have to press slightly a bit harder.

also, always will press together with the apps..

No problem with my handset. just aim ard the white dots. dun really need to press to hard. My pretty sensitive. hehe now going to install more apps and config it to my needs.:s22:

enegue84

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been reading this long thread for 2 weeks coming. Lots of great advice here, so thanks a lot! I've been holding on to my W890i for 4 years and was intending to stick to Sony for many more years... :D

Finally went down to singtel shop to get the black model last night, and it feels great so far. Felt that I should have gotten down to the IT show to get it alongside a few other freebies, but haven't got the time and motivation to fight the crowds there.

One issue now is that the battery does drain a little too fast for comfort. Hopefully it would perform better in the weeks to come. Home buttons are ok, just that I have to press and slight upwards a little for the button-hit to register.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.