Rumors on Japan radiation..

zacafronso

Reaction score
I think we have to be mindful of news that comes from "official news sources". even if they are official, they are might not be the whole truth.

If I am Japan, I will downplay the effects of the radiation spread as it will hurt my tourism economy. whatever the WHO can find/ report to the world might also be watered down OR they didn't check thoroughly. (you know like in audits, sometimes employees can hide bad data/ wayang good data and if the auditor never check thoroughly then the company will pass the audit with flying colours).

And all you people who posted "nothing happen to me leh"/"I didn't grow another arm/leg leh" should be aware that you are already an adult, mutation doesn't work that way, u think u playing Fallout izzit? The worse effect is when you want to have baby and it comes out all deformed (if can spot during pre-natal is considered lucky liao) if not lucky cannot physically spot one then is baby will have weak immune systems which can't be changed.

Whether we will know if the radiation affects Japan is seeing their next generation born over the next 10 years. I thought you guys should have seen the Chernobyl videos on those born after the explosion.

It is true that the radiation effects will kick in much later. However "we will know if the radiation affects japan is seeing their next generation born over the next 10 years" ???

2 Atomic bombing was done in Nagasaki and hiroshima in 1945 during WWII. You can see for yourself the "next generations" in Nagasaki and Hiroshima in 2012. I think that sort of answer your question.

The whole gist is to be anti-nuclear power, which means that in the event that coal and other fuel runs out, the option should be others sources like solar power and not nuclear plant to generate electricity. This is then the real issue that will affect the "next generation" of not only Japan, but the whole world.

Reaction score
And all you people who posted "nothing happen to me leh"/"I didn't grow another arm/leg leh" should be aware that you are already an adult, mutation doesn't work that way, u think u playing Fallout izzit? The worse effect is when you want to have baby and it comes out all deformed (if can spot during pre-natal is considered lucky liao) if not lucky cannot physically spot one then is baby will have weak immune systems which can't be changed.

While I fully respect people's decisions to cancel their plans to Japan because of the radiation concerns, it is still absurd to hear "rumours" from colleague's friend's relative's. Of course mutation doesn't happen that way, but what we're trying to emphasize here is that the situation in Japan is not as crazy as the "rumours" claimed to be.

Would it be more alarming to hear that Japan is not radiation-free, or the fact that almost everything around us are radioactive?

This may be slightly dated, but is still a good educational article: Go Figure: What bananas tell us about radiation

James Tang

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
All i can say is, do not under estimate the effects of radiation.
My family doctor has told us not to start any baby plans, at least 6mths after visiting Japan.

I must comment that this family doctor knows not much about the effects of radiation on female eggs and long term effects on female reproductive system.

Or maybe he/she just want to let you have peace of mind knowing that psychological is more serious than physical.

garysoh09

Reaction score
All i can say is, do not under estimate the effects of radiation.
My family doctor has told us not to start any baby plans, at least 6mths after visiting Japan.

Yes, do stay away from Japan. For at least the next 20years. I'm being to osaka and Tokyo for the past week and I can feel that there's something going on with me.... It seems like I'm turning green!! Every time I see my wallet, I feel giddy and green-ing...

xiaojing11

Reaction score
In commemoration of the earthquake & tsunami disaster that happened 1 year ago in Japan on March 11, 2011...

Let's pray/wish that the country and pple will always doing fine (regardless u r going Japan or not). :)

cancer81

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
the carrier itself has a reactor that is FAR MORE DANGEROUS than the one located at Fukushima :s22:

Deathgod

Reaction score
i do not understand how can Chernobyl fallout compared to fukushima. fukushima was partially damage while Chernobyl was total kaboom and the radiation was carried across the land by winds.

the amount of radiation leaked by fukushima was nowhere equivalent to Chernobyl. by the time some of these radiation particles traveled across japan lands, some were already very mild.

well in any case, there will still be people promoting how unsafe and scary radiations can be. however, i am not nuclear nor radiation expert. i look at situations with my own eyes and process facts from rumors. for me very simple, its has been 2 years since fukushima incident. newborns babies are still coming out every day in japan. very young children still carry on their daily schooling and such. these group of humans are the most prone to radiation effects and by any unfortunate chances, they would have exhibits signs caused by radiation in an alarming rates

dont tell me about media control, a man spitting can get onto stomp that easily, what makes it so difficult for these doctors advises to get posted? or any other forms of more concrete evidences to back the claims?

come on, if anyone is scare about radiations, please paint your walls with lead and seal up all windows. better still disconnect all your tv, wii, ps4 and such as these modern devices emit some other forms of radiation as well.

stay in a cave is the safest.

Hcookie

Reaction score
i do not understand how can Chernobyl fallout compared to fukushima. fukushima was partially damage while Chernobyl was total kaboom and the radiation was carried across the land by winds.

the amount of radiation leaked by fukushima was nowhere equivalent to Chernobyl. by the time some of these radiation particles traveled across japan lands, some were already very mild.

well in any case, there will still be people promoting how unsafe and scary radiations can be. however, i am not nuclear nor radiation expert. i look at situations with my own eyes and process facts from rumors. for me very simple, its has been 2 years since fukushima incident. newborns babies are still coming out every day in japan. very young children still carry on their daily schooling and such. these group of humans are the most prone to radiation effects and by any unfortunate chances, they would have exhibits signs caused by radiation in an alarming rates

dont tell me about media control, a man spitting can get onto stomp that easily, what makes it so difficult for these doctors advises to get posted? or any other forms of more concrete evidences to back the claims?

come on, if anyone is scare about radiations, please paint your walls with lead and seal up all windows. better still disconnect all your tv, wii, ps4 and such as these modern devices emit some other forms of radiation as well.

stay in a cave is the safest.

The Effect of Fukushima can be seen here and here.

The effects will be felt long into the future. No media on the Fukushima disaster doesn't mean it's safe. Besides, you don't need to travel to Japan to be irradiated. You're getting it right now wherever you are, as long as you live within the Pacific.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.