Where to tailor clothes =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

hst201

Reaction score
And choose a wool cloth that is porous like say a mohair wool mix or one with an open weave like a fresco.

ThatShirtShop

Reaction score
Neither. Kaplan. Why? :o

Oh. Cause we have a partnership with NUS and SMU that would entitle students from those 2 schools a significant discount when they make shirts, or make a complete suit (Blazer, shirt and pants). And that we will be dropping by both school in the month of March and April.

So we are just checking whether you are able to enjoy the discounts.

sacredsoul

Banned
Reaction score
Oh. Cause we have a partnership with NUS and SMU that would entitle students from those 2 schools a significant discount when they make shirts, or make a complete suit (Blazer, shirt and pants). And that we will be dropping by both school in the month of March and April.

So we are just checking whether you are able to enjoy the discounts.

Oh. That's unfortunate then. :(

hst201

Reaction score
What the market price for tailor made a blazer? Need to tailor made one for my graduation.

$300-$3000 and up. Easier for us to give further advice if the type of cloths, level of workmanship is specified

Last edited:

arctuates

Reaction score
I seen his work. Not quite sure his shirts are bespoke. I would say more towards high-end Mtm. I could be mistaken though...

Vis-a-vis Turnbull & Asser standards of bespoke shirting, I believe you are correct with regard to KS. KS doesn't (or hasn't, in my case) offer fabric bastes that clients can take home, wear a few times, wash and return for remeasurements before the final piece is cut/sewn.

hst201

Reaction score
Not just that. I don't recall an individual paper pattern is developed for the customer.

Dahawk

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has anywhere to recommend to tailor a suit+pants? Wanted to go back to dylan but it seems he's unable to fit me in this week :(

Looking for somewhere where they can cut it like dylan, slim/skinny modern cut.

xinping

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
took the pic from earlier post.

poorstitching.jpg

the shirt i tailored got this type of stitching. meaning i can go to alter them to "enlarge" my shirt abit? cos its getting abit tight when i need to stretch to carry stuff

SkyNinja

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
took the pic from earlier post.

poorstitching.jpg

the shirt i tailored got this type of stitching. meaning i can go to alter them to "enlarge" my shirt abit? cos its getting abit tight when i need to stretch to carry stuff
i think can, bespoke shirts always have buffer such as the screenshot you gave

doody_

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Maybe someone can do a compilation of the various tailors that are recommended, as well as a rough price estimate and comments on the waiting time and quality? I found 3 from the last few pages of this thread, hope others can contribute too!

That Shirt Shop
Far East Plaza, Level 3 (in front of the lift)

Pricing: ??
Comments: ??

Xin En Tailoring at Tampines Central

Pricing: ~$95/shirt, pants 3 for $100/3 for $150/3 for $200

Sze Sze Tailor at Cross St

Praise Tailoring @ Bishan/D20 Area
Mr. Frankie Ong 83117580 / 64562457
217 Bishan St 23 #14-139
S'pore 570217

Pricing: ~$90/shirt

Wryer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where can I tailor a pair of good fitting chinos? Tried Xin En, but he doesn't do it.

Sensational

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I m thinking of making a suit for my moots n also my sis wedding later in e year. Any shops to reccomend? Haha

ThatShirtShop

Reaction score
Maybe someone can do a compilation of the various tailors that are recommended, as well as a rough price estimate and comments on the waiting time and quality? I found 3 from the last few pages of this thread, hope others can contribute too!

That Shirt Shop
Far East Plaza, Level 3 (in front of the lift)

Xin En Tailoring at Tampines Central

Pricing: ~$95/shirt, pants 3 for $100/3 for $150/3 for $200

Sze Sze Tailor at Cross St

Praise Tailoring @ Bishan/D20 Area
Mr. Frankie Ong 83117580 / 64562457
217 Bishan St 23 #14-139
S'pore 570217

Pricing: ~$90/shirt

That Shirt Shop (#03-76B)
Price range:
Shirts: $79 onwards
Egyptian cotton Shirts: $99 onwards
Pants: $95 onwards
Suits (Blazer plus pants) : $450 onwards

The tailor at our outlet is Auntie Alice. Feel free to drop by and talk to her to get a more accurate quote on what you want. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.