DBS Altitude Visa Signature

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
received the mailer as well, dumped it away within a minute. Will use SCB Manhattan for big purchases, so the dbs altitude signature is at best, as good as the citi PM to me.

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
received the mailer as well, dumped it away within a minute. Will use SCB Manhattan for big purchases, so the dbs altitude signature is at best, as good as the citi PM to me.

but if your scb exceed the 4000 per quarter, then the dbs alt signature is better than the citi pm.

Got number to call or not I wanna indicate my interest leh..

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
but if your scb exceed the 4000 per quarter, then the dbs alt signature is better than the citi pm.

thats true... but must exceed by at least $2000 for the alt signature to yield better KF points...

but i dun have so much bills/stuffs to pay leh... my regular big tix payments usually split between 3 manhattan cards in the family... every quarter is $12000 for me to play around liao...
1) IRAS pty tax
2) NTUC income
3) Income tax
4) Starhub + SPservices bills (this i usually pay in advance... maybe one shot pay $1500 into each account)

unforseen payments last year were hospital bills, travel purchases... this year i try to cut my spendings.... got other priorities...

shearmanlee

Reaction score
thats true... but must exceed by at least $2000 for the alt signature to yield better KF points...

but i dun have so much bills/stuffs to pay leh... my regular big tix payments usually split between 3 manhattan cards in the family... every quarter is $12000 for me to play around liao...
1) IRAS pty tax
2) NTUC income
3) Income tax
4) Starhub + SPservices bills (this i usually pay in advance... maybe one shot pay $1500 into each account)

unforseen payments last year were hospital bills, travel purchases... this year i try to cut my spendings.... got other priorities...

1000 per month, heavy spender, don't tell us you are also a IRAS player?:s13::s13:

socketer

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
1000 per month, heavy spender, don't tell us you are also a IRAS player?:s13::s13:

i only over paid IRAS once, and thats accidental....

actually there are some quarters which i left some $4000 quota empty. coz timing not right...

but on the average, $1000/mth spending is really quite conservative.
-Starhub - $250/mth
-Spservices - $250/mth
like that fixed expenditure already $500/mth liao

still haven't factor in flat maintenance charges, taxes, ntuc income... all these cannot siam one, even if i stay at home 24/7 also will kenna

Last edited:

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

1) IRAS pty tax
2) NTUC income
3) Income tax

high property tax and income tax?
but scb already render useless.

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i only over paid IRAS once, and thats accidental....

actually there are some quarters which i left some $4000 quota empty. coz timing not right...

but on the average, $1000/mth spending is really quite conservative.
-Starhub - $250/mth
-Spservices - $250/mth
like that fixed expenditure already $500/mth liao

still haven't factor in flat maintenance charges, taxes, ntuc income... all these cannot siam one, even if i stay at home 24/7 also will kenna

unless u r using for corporate purchase, if not u constantly max out the 4k for 3 card for every quarter mean on average each month at least 4k of credit card swipe. and that mean u must be earning alot if not die.

aster1

Reaction score
Possibly the first... at least I'm in that category anyway. I currently hold a DBS deposit account, with salary paid into this account monthly. No other products with DBS currently, however.

Hi AA, good to see you here as well. :) I'm wondering why they offered you the Altitude Visa instead of the Amex card if you haven't currently got any cards with them? Could this mean that they're switching away from Amex in the long run?

Awesom Andy

Reaction score
Hi AA, good to see you here as well. :) I'm wondering why they offered you the Altitude Visa instead of the Amex card if you haven't currently got any cards with them? Could this mean that they're switching away from Amex in the long run?

Yes, we meet again. :)
It's a very interesting move by DBS. If anything, the perceived prestige of the card has been lowered by moving from Amex to Visa. Or they simply feel the need to respond to Citi's growth. There are also some people who prefers the high level of acceptance with Visa/MC. In fact, if the original Altitude was a Visa/MC, I would've applied for it long ago.

hclee01

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone has received the Visa Signature card? How does it look like?

Inix

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just gave DBS a buzz a while ago about some other stuff. Asked them about this and they readily acknowledged that such a card is available, and asked them to send me the form to apply for it. Very interesting :D

naruto13

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I just gave DBS a buzz a while ago about some other stuff. Asked them about this and they readily acknowledged that such a card is available, and asked them to send me the form to apply for it. Very interesting :D

they send u the form? they say official launch around next week. n full stop ended the call lol.

Suleyman

Reaction score
One minor advantage that Citi PM has is that points are calculated rounded down to the $. DBS, round down to $5.

So, $4.99 transaction = 4.8 miles on Citi PM = 0 miles on DBS Altitude.

But, yes, if you consistently spend more than $2,000 a month, I would still go with the Altitude card. For me, I do not accumulate my spending on one card, so it's quite uncommon to hit $2,000 on my 'general spending' card, so I'll stick with Citi PM.

supergmail

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Before you all start ripping into me that the Altitude is Amex only, I've just received a letter from DBS, offering me a DBS Altitude Visa Signature card. It appears to be targeted campaign, as the application form received clearly states that "Your application is PRE-APPROVED and no income documents are needed" (unless you are self-employed). Just as well, as it's where my monthly salary goes, they already know how much I make.

The application form states that a minimum gross annual income of $80,000 is required (although we all know that it doesn't apply very strictly in practice).

There is, however, a $42.80 annual fee to join the "program" to transfer miles to the airline's frequent flyer accounts, on top of the usual annual fee (assuming anyone actually pays this).

Earn rate is $1 = 1.2 miles for the first $2000 per month, then $1 = 1.6 miles for the amount that is over $2000.

The card cannot be found on the website at this stage.

Has anyone received this application pack too?

And yes, it is really a Visa Signature card, not an Amex.

The amex version no need to pay the $42.80 annual fee right?

continuum

Reaction score
The amex version no need to pay the $42.80 annual fee right?
You need to pay this the moment you want to transfer your miles. This will allow you to transfer miles as many times as you want without any additional fee for 1 year.

You don't need to pay this every year. Just at the time when you need to transfer your miles and it's valid for 1 year.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.