StarHub MaxInfinity Fiber Optic - Experience

stilnox

Reaction score
updates.. have exchange Dlink (wireless dropping issue) with another Dlink.
Still monitoring it.. from ytd, it seems to be a whole new problem now. it keep
identifying a new network.. anyone have face similar issue?

NHT

Reaction score
is anyone facing the issue when you load a certain website,
it will reloop back to facebook
even tracert shows that other website wil hop to facebook as the end point.

yes, I had this issue and SH changed to another DLink and it solved the problem thereafter :)

habsters

Reaction score
Hi guys,
I currently using the huawei hg256s,...
If i want to use the dlink one.
Just call starhub and request for one ???
Thanks/..

Yes you can, but u muz say urs got problem with ur existing huawei (genuine or not, up to you)
Or be prepared to hear this sentence "We have a promotion, $199 for Dlink hardware"

Also, I'm a happy man with my HG256s, new batch (w/ Starhub logo printed on Huawei)

:D:D:D

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yes you can, but u muz say urs got problem with ur existing huawei (genuine or not, up to you)
Or be prepared to hear this sentence "We have a promotion, $199 for Dlink hardware"

Also, I'm a happy man with my HG256s, new batch (w/ Starhub logo printed on Huawei)

Got come with new firmware?

Daniel.Winn

Reaction score
updates.. have exchange Dlink (wireless dropping issue) with another Dlink.
Still monitoring it.. from ytd, it seems to be a whole new problem now. it keep
identifying a new network.. anyone have face similar issue?
Really? I'm not using FBB but, I'm having the same problem. Internet keep dropping whenever I connect my MBP.

I just called SH cuz my contract is expiring on 14th April. The CSO said they only have DLink ba.. :( And, they only waive installation charges. Not OpenNet one.

Last edited:

habsters

Reaction score
I just called SH cuz my contract is expiring on 14th April. The CSO said they only have DLink ba.. :( And, they only waive installation charges. Not OpenNet one.

You're right actually, for SH they waive installation charge for their ONT (but not Opennet TP socket)...
I will go over to Dlink if given my initial choice, but I'm comfortable sticking with my Huawei HG256s (at that time only Huawei offered 6 months ago)...In my usage I get decent Wireless speeds (maybe due to new FW in my RG?)...

albertlee

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry, did not observe my gateway often, as long as I can use, no complaints :s13::s13::s13:

But highly likely (not so sure), yes it comes with new firmware

Can you kindly check? TIA.

Mine is:
Hardware version VER.B
Software version V100R001C02B025

stilnox

Reaction score
Really? I'm not using FBB but, I'm having the same problem. Internet keep dropping whenever I connect my MBP.

whats a FBB n MBP?? fiber n mobile?? btw the 2nd dlink so far no internet dropping at the moment (day2) touch wood.. but i cannot copy a 4gb folder full of files etc to the NAS without the wireless dropping or identifying a new network with error..

AwfulChoc

Reaction score

whats a FBB n MBP?? fiber n mobile?? btw the 2nd dlink so far no internet dropping at the moment (day2) touch wood.. but i cannot copy a 4gb folder full of files etc to the NAS without the wireless dropping or identifying a new network with error..

letme guess:
FBB = Fibre Broadband?
MBP = MacBook Pro?

for Daniel, try setting g/n + wpa/wpa2 + aes.

AwfulChoc

Reaction score

not worth paying 199 imo.

habsters

Reaction score
Can you kindly check? TIA.

Mine is:
Hardware version VER.B
Software version V100R001C02B025

there u go bro
51qy3a.png

habsters

Reaction score
not worth paying 199 imo.

I second that.
I rather buy the RT-N56U... however i need to confirm if its capable of running voip (singtel and M1 customers ok)... my family members frequently uses the digital voice on my MIF connection

Daniel.Winn

Reaction score
letme guess:
FBB = Fibre Broadband?
MBP = MacBook Pro?

for Daniel, try setting g/n + wpa/wpa2 + aes.
@AwfulChoc, correct. And, what is g/n and aes?
Anyway, last night, I tried changing my channel to channel 7 after numerous tries. Channel 13 gave issue to Kindle Fire (cause cannot find wifi network). Channel 6, 11 still have the dropping issue. I found one cool application for Android. Wifi Analyzer to find out to check your wifi as well as your neighbourhood ones. It shows the channels all your neighbourhood use also. That's why I chose channel 7 which no one use.

Last edited:

AwfulChoc

Reaction score
@AwfulChoc, correct. And, what is g/n and aes?
Anyway, last night, I tried changing my channel to channel 7 after numerous tries. Channel 13 gave issue to Kindle Fire (cause cannot find wifi network). Channel 6, 11 still have the dropping issue. I found one cool application for Android. Wifi Analyzer to find out to check your wifi as well as your neighbourhood ones. It shows the channels all your neighbourhood use also. That's why I chose channel 7 which no one use.

never use anything more than 11.
1 - 11 is fine. (want to know why? google it - lazy to explain)

what is the current wireless settings you gave to your router?

habsters

Reaction score
never use anything more than 11.
1 - 11 is fine. (want to know why? google it - lazy to explain)

what is the current wireless settings you gave to your router?

I second that. :s13:
My Android refuses to connect to my router at channel 13. Then after using Wifi Analyzer (availiable at Google Play aka Market), then realise it does not detect signals beyond ch11. i had latency issues with my laptop at ch13. Then after changing to ch7, my android accepts the router connection and pings better at <1ms ~ 2ms.

Ap3s

Reaction score
technician came to install this morning. and guess what, internet connection not yet activated till now. zzzzzzzz

Ap3s

Reaction score
and that's not the end of my story. they deactivated my cable connection before activating my fiber. when my fiber is finally up, my 100mbps plan's wired connection speed is hovering from 10+ to 40+ Mbps. FML

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.