1st choice accountancy
2nd choice biz admin/biz

GPA 3.79 Temasek Poly biz
O lvl
B4 Eng
B3 (A Maths and other crap)

No letters, no updates on nus application status VERY SCARED
:s22: :s22: :s22: :s22: :s22: :s22: :s22: :s22:

Nice results. You only used 2 out of 5 choices for all three unis ?

crabber

Reaction score
NUS

Course offered: PFM
GPA: 3.718
O-LVL: 13 pts R5, 9 pts R4
Poly: SP Tourism

Last year only got this from NUS. NTU didn't offer me anything . Applied all three unis this year (First choice Biz Admin). Going for SMU interview and english test for business management on Sat. Anyone else going as well?

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
3.88 lor. some1 from np with a lower grade then me got in without the interview :( why i still no letteeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeer:(

what course r u from ? Do remember that priority is given to ppl from a relevant course. only the top 10% of the poly grad can choose any course they like in local uni. Its stated on the uni website. =)

Taken directly from NTU website:
Admission Criteria:

General Requirements
You are a Polytechnic Diploma Holder or a Final Year Student from a local polytechnic in Singapore.

You should have a relevant diploma from a local polytechnic in Singapore (see List of Acceptable Diplomas below).
If you have a Diploma with Merit or Diploma with Distinction, you may apply for any programme in NTU, regardless your diploma.

Last edited:

skytree

Reaction score
what course r u from ? Do remember that priority is given to ppl from a relevant course. only the top 10% of the poly grad can choose any course they like in local uni. Its stated on the uni website. =)

Taken directly from NTU website:
Admission Criteria:

General Requirements
You are a Polytechnic Diploma Holder or a Final Year Student from a local polytechnic in Singapore.

You should have a relevant diploma from a local polytechnic in Singapore (see List of Acceptable Diplomas below).
If you have a Diploma with Merit or Diploma with Distinction, you may apply for any programme in NTU, regardless your diploma.

So does that mean that if you're not in the top 10%, you it'll be hard/near impossible to get into a different field of study?

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
So does that mean that if you're not in the top 10%, you it'll be hard/near impossible to get into a different field of study?

yes its gonna be hard especially for popular courses like biz/acct. after all the top biz students take up all the spots, how many do u think is left for ppl who are from non-related course and not a dip with merit holder? =/

skytree

Reaction score
Ah, thanks jameskoay. :)

MoxLotus, the thought of going into business/acct never even crossed my mind, tbh. My gpa's too low to even think about it. I'm switching from IT track into humanities - Communication Studies/FASS.

But thanks for clarifying! :D

MoxLotus

Master Member
Reaction score
Ah, thanks jameskoay. :)

MoxLotus, the thought of going into business/acct never even crossed my mind, tbh. My gpa's too low to even think about it. I'm switching from IT track into humanities - Communication Studies/FASS.

But thanks for clarifying! :D

I am just using biz as an example as its the typical course where a lot of eng student wanna switch to and keep asking why their 3.7xx or 3.8xx havent receive letters and blah blah blah. :)

Shu qi

Reaction score
sibei sian, anybody got any news from SMU after being interviewed by them?

Went for the accountancy interview like 2 week ago but no news yet

going to appeal soon =(
Hey! I went for smu acc interview two weeks back too! On the 22 march. And I've not gotten any letter yet too. From the other forums on google I've searched it seems over the past years some people got it after two to three weeks too. So just be patient and cross out fingers! I'm waiting for it too! :)

quirkyhill

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone here applied for nus law and got an interview offer already?

jameskoay

Reaction score
will they send interview/acceptance letters via email?

NUS will send you an sms telling you they updated your application status on the NUS login thingy

NTU will send you hardcopy letter. although one way is to check the Joint Acceptance link.. that way you will know if you got accepted into NTU before even getting the hardcopy :)

goodluck

isurelose

Reaction score
NUS will send you an sms telling you they updated your application status on the NUS login thingy

NTU will send you hardcopy letter. although one way is to check the Joint Acceptance link.. that way you will know if you got accepted into NTU before even getting the hardcopy :)

goodluck

ic thanks =] the wait is killing me lol

Last edited:

silentears

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anybody got any updates after being interviewed by SMU?

After my accountancy interview got no news untill now:(

toughlifegirl

Reaction score

goodluck

Hi, in that case, if you are rejected will they send you a SMS indicate that your application status had been updated?

jameskoay

Reaction score
Hi, in that case, if you are rejected will they send you a SMS indicate that your application status had been updated?

yes regardless of what choice you get, the sms is sent to tell you the status of your application.. which is application processing>outcome of application :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.