police selection assessment

Maurdivh

Reaction score
You mostly only lose them around 5 to 10 years of service & 1 to 2 rank different.

Dip enter as SGT, after more then 5 years then get SSGT. With another more 5 years you get SSSGT. But problem is bo bao get.

Thanks for the info.

However can I know usually need what 'type' of degree to enter as a SPO?

They prefer either NTU/NUS/SMU right? What about the chances for SIM and/or private degrees? I see they wrote on the website is 'any discipline' but I doubt it's that simple la. Would prefer if you tell me all the hard truths... :)

And also... just curious, the pay rise from SGT and subsequent rank is a rough estimate of how much uh? I understand if cannot be revealed here. :(

Last edited:

Dahawk

Master Member
Reaction score
Sian. I just got rejection email by SPF SO.

Any idea why they don't even call me up for a first interview?

UncleFaka

Reaction score
Anyone recently went for JO selection assessment? I recently received a rejection email. During the selection assessment, did the psychometric test, english test and physical assessment. After that told to go home and wait for email.

DSWH123

Reaction score
Hi guys! I am going to sign on as junior police officer once after I Ord.. I am holding a nitec cert and no bad records.. Currently serving ns as firefighter of SCDF.. Issit possible ? Issit high chance for my case? As I just recently went to the home team career fair and they say my chances is quite high as I am also in the same front line. Anyone advise? Thanks!

Bamboozle

Reaction score
anyone knows if having a military background before signing to spf will affect the chances of being accepted? :(

fwl18

Reaction score
Hihi I just got an invitation for assessment following my application for spo!

However im having second thoughts as I'm going to be 30 and just got my unisim degree last year... Does my age actually put me in disadvantage for the selection process vs younger applicants? Also, i was an ex regular with rsaf, wondering if they will harp on why I wanted to leave in the first place or will they take into account my past rank/exp? Applied for this position as I was thinking the path for a grad would be better than what I used to have as a dip holder.

Bamboozle

Reaction score
Hihi I just got an invitation for assessment following my application for spo!

However im having second thoughts as I'm going to be 30 and just got my unisim degree last year... Does my age actually put me in disadvantage for the selection process vs younger applicants? Also, i was an ex regular with rsaf, wondering if they will harp on why I wanted to leave in the first place or will they take into account my past rank/exp? Applied for this position as I was thinking the path for a grad would be better than what I used to have as a dip holder.

Omg bro, i will be like your situation in time to come... :o

PsyBear

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyone recently went for JO selection assessment? I recently received a rejection email. During the selection assessment, did the psychometric test, english test and physical assessment. After that told to go home and wait for email.

when did u went for the interview?

GetFuzzy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I am going to sign on as junior police officer once after I Ord.. I am holding a nitec cert and no bad records.. Currently serving ns as firefighter of SCDF.. Issit possible ? Issit high chance for my case? As I just recently went to the home team career fair and they say my chances is quite high as I am also in the same front line. Anyone advise? Thanks!

Why not join SCDF instead? :o

hometeam

Reaction score
i agree with GetFuzzy,
DSWH123 you may consider signing back with SCDF. last time im sec com too. my firemen sign on and got surgeant after ERS training. wheras at SPF if u have nitec, you will get corperal, i think. plus you have experience in fire stations culture so would be great! SPF really see paper.. i mean,,,SCDF also see paper.. but u in fire station you should know, the experience really counts. Depend your interest is at, more!
all the best FFC bro=)

GetFuzzy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i agree with GetFuzzy,
DSWH123 you may consider signing back with SCDF. last time im sec com too. my firemen sign on and got surgeant after ERS training. wheras at SPF if u have nitec, you will get corperal, i think. plus you have experience in fire stations culture so would be great! SPF really see paper.. i mean,,,SCDF also see paper.. but u in fire station you should know, the experience really counts. Depend your interest is at, more!
all the best FFC bro=)

For SCDF, the SGT rank you see is just acting SGT if the person is holding a CPL rank and of course you are paid according to the CPL rank and not SGT rank. You are just holding acting SGT rank only. So qualification still plays a part. If I am not wrong, only Diploma and A level qualification get Sgt rank.

DSWH123

Reaction score
i agree with GetFuzzy,
all the best FFC bro=)
Haha cos I am more interested in SPF.. I know Scdf is good as I got experiences already but I still prefer SPF as before my englistment I wanted to be a police officer already.. Wonder if the chance is high anot If I want to sign on..

DSWH123

Reaction score
For SCDF, the SGT rank you see is just acting SGT if the person is holding a CPL rank and of course you are paid according to the CPL rank and not SGT rank. You are just holding acting SGT rank only. So qualification still plays a part. If I am not wrong, only Diploma and A level qualification get Sgt rank.
Yup some are cpl plus rank.. But I still prefer SPF.. Wanted to be a police officer before I enlistment and hope I stand a chances

GetFuzzy

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yup some are cpl plus rank.. But I still prefer SPF.. Wanted to be a police officer before I enlistment and hope I stand a chances

Ok, since you want it then just go ahead and do it. Your chance all depends on the interview and psychometric test.

TheresHope

Reaction score
Wazzup guys, I'm in my late 20s this year.
I got diploma from local poly.
Do you guys think I'm "too old" to join SPF or CNB???

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.