(Storage) SSD Discussion Thread

Norman Chan

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
What is your SSD rating Index in Window after you switch from a HDD ?

Last edited:

eex0duss

Master Member
Reaction score
ocz vertex 4 illidinx

who has this ssd already?

wanna know if there is any problem like the sandforce controllers last time.

eex0duss

Master Member
Reaction score
Ocz vertex 4 still haven't arrived in sg.

hmmmm.. ok.. but the pricing is out on cybermind's list.. @ $285..

i read somewhere that it is faster than the sandforce controllers.. =/

so just wanna confirm if anyone actually got it first hand and have tested or tried it..

seems like a power ssd to look out for... if not ill just go with adata spg900x or sth like that =x

FatalethaL

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im thinking of getting a new SSD, preferably less than SGD$300, 128GB like tat.... which of u guys recommend? read slightly more important imho...

Uncle_Sams

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Im thinking of getting a new SSD, preferably less than SGD$300, 128GB like tat.... which of u guys recommend? read slightly more important imho...

I guess most would recommend that you get the 120GB Intel 520... I'm also thinking of getting this myself...

cimman305

Reaction score
ocz vertex 4 illidinx

who has this ssd already?

wanna know if there is any problem like the sandforce controllers last time.

heh, heh, you wanna be the early adopter to find out what the teething issues are ?:D
the first version of anything is bound to have issues, no matter how well tested it was in the labs.
Simply because how many tests can you run in the labs vs thousands of people using your product daily to flesh out the bugs ? you want to be part of the people to find out the bugs ? I've yet to see bug free firmware on a 1st version product, heck, even on a 2nd version products.

xusykl

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Crucial M4 got new firmware. Version 000F

Release Date: 04/11/2012
Firmware for the m4 SSD is being updated from version 0309 to 000F. The m4 is updatable to this new firmware starting from versions 0001, 0002, 0009, or 0309 in a single step. If updating from an early version directly to 000F, all interim improvements will also be included (please see Release Notes for version 0002, 0009 and 0309 for details).
Changes between version 0309 and 000F include the following changes:
Improved compatibility with certain SAS expanders and peripheral RAID cards.
Improved throughput stability under extremely heavy workloads.
Improved data protection in the event of unexpected, asynchronous power loss.
This firmware update is recommended for all drives currently in the field if the end user is experiencing any of these symptoms.

Crucial.com Product Downloads - Firmware Updates

san333

Reaction score
My 4 years old laptop has sata 2 connector only.
Which ssd do you recommend guys?
Aiming for crucial m4 or intel 520. But, worry that i will under utilize it since my laptop only support sata 2.
Saw about intel 330 ssd, the price is quite tempting.

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.