Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

zhuoweitinq

Reaction score
Very hard esp flexible timing
Good pdi usually schedule very pack
If u need timing like peak hour, u have to book many days in advanced
Maybe like 1-2 weeks

I just called up 2 instructors. They both teach near Ubi area.
Both of the, asked me to book my PDL & FTT together.

1) Frankie 90090901
He asked me to book both together and since PDL is valid for 6mths, he said its sufficient to learn during this period as he'll arrange the schedule for me. Once I pass my FTT, shouldn't be a prob to book for TP alrdy.
$28/hr - provide pickup at my place at ChaiChee

2) CHIANG FUI LONG 96919083 *Passing rate for 1st timer 25.00%
He only ask me to book together and tell me his rates only.
$40/90mins

Both have examples of first time pass attempt.
Any suggestion who should I pick?

Last edited:

kris26

Reaction score
Hi, anybody learn from Mr Toh 98567017 ?
Anyone learn from him before ?
Anybody know how he charge per hr ?

celest1987

Reaction score
hi,, just passed my TP today. Wanted to recommend my instructor. He very patient, funny and friendly. And will not scold u or give u the black face at all. he will answer all your questions. He is my second instructor. Lucky I found him. Really thanks to him.

David Puan
9712 0290
Auto @ SSDC - teach at amdiralty
Speak english and chinese

hope this can help anyone who need to learn their TP. Good Luck.

celest1987

Reaction score
u should try my PDL. He will not scold u. I keep asking him all the silly qns and alway mount kerb but he nv raise his voice at me at all. U can try.. but he teach at admiralty register at SSDC de. Good Luck.

kris26

Reaction score
Prefer PDI that teaches manual at BBDC area ...
any recommendation... ?
thanks in advance :)

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi,, just passed my TP today. Wanted to recommend my instructor. He very patient, funny and friendly. And will not scold u or give u the black face at all. he will answer all your questions. He is my second instructor. Lucky I found him. Really thanks to him.

David Puan
9712 0290
Auto @ SSDC - teach at amdiralty
Speak english and chinese

hope this can help anyone who need to learn their TP. Good Luck.

funny and friendly pdi?
are u a girl?
if yes then this is common :s13:

Reaction score
Anyone know if initally register and pass btt and ftt as a private student at ccdc, can they go register pdl, private driving lesson and test and bbdc?

Can. But u need to go to BBDC and register yourself as a private student first before u can book for the test.

Reaction score
this one is upto individual instructor one
some charge more some charge less, but as for private instructor they usually charge the rental higher than driving school
but $200 really a lot leh, i paid $128 under driving school

Mine charged $197 for rental, warm-up and circuit fee. I booked for the test myself.

Can see here for more details: You are gonna love me ♥

starries

Reaction score
I'm looking for manual Driving instructor @ SSDC.
Looking to pass asap as i already have SAF driving license.
Anybody have any recommendation, please pm me.
Thanks

moly1020

Reaction score
Hi,

Please let me know a private driving instructor near bukit batok or jurong area for auto driving lessons.

Please give me the contact details too, tks

moly1020

Reaction score
Private driving instructor

Hi All,

I am looking for private driving instructor for auto car.

please send me the good driving instructor names and contact details at bukit batok or jurong area .

thanks

IluvGaia

Reaction score
I am a victim to unprofessional, unreliable driving instructor!

I saw a recommendation from one of the earlier postings and signed up with this instructor called Lim Boon Seng from EARN EASY DRIVING. So I decided to try....

On their website, they mentioned the price for auto car is:
Off Peak hrs: $30/hr (just last month, their website published even cheaper rate)
Peak hrs: $32/hr
Registration fee: $50

But when I got there, Mr Lim is not the instructor, recommend me another person, Mr Lee. Then they told me the registration fee is now $100. And off peak is $32/hr. Website not yet updated. Since I was there already, I thought I proceed anyway since this is a "recommended" instructor.

First lesson, the instructor kept non-stop about how horrible a drive I am, and nag non-stop or chatting on the phone. So stressful.

Second lesson, I decided to ask for another instructor, Mr Ng. He is actually very patient and understanding. I explained to him why I decide to change instructor, and he said that I'm new, should not straight away go on roads with a more traffic. We test driving at Lim Chu Kang area on this lesson, and then the subsequent lesson (3rd lesson) I stick to this instructor.. and he then took me to roads with more traffic. Very comfortable, except I noticed he usually end the lesson 15 mins earlier. But he's good, so it's not too big a problem.

Problem came when I tried to book my 4th lesson with them. I called their # 9383 5050, and this lady picked up. I think her name was Shirley or what. She's supposed to handle all the lessons booking. I told her I like to have the lesson on this date, preferably afternoon, etc. She said she can't confirm, need to check, took my details and mobile #, and said she call back. She never called back.

Next day, I called her. I explain who I was, and that I had called. She seemed not to remember a thing. I reminded her I was waiting for her call. This is when she started her tirades & shouting... "SO I DID NOT CALL YOU, YOU JUST CALL BACK! CANNOT CALL BACK, IS IT?" and as I was telling her this is not professional... she shouted even louder and the next thing I know, the phone was hanged up.

What the heck....??!!

So I called Mr Lim Boon Seng himself. Again I explained to him I called earlier to make appt, his staff say call back, never call back, I call back, reminded her, she shout at me & hang out on me.. so unreasonable, what did I do wrong to get such treatment?

I thought Mr Lim is going to say sorry la... she had a bad day etc... pls forget it etc. WRONG!!!!!!! He raised his voice to say "IF WE DON'T CALL YOU, YOU SHOULD JUST CALL BACK....." and when he finished his tirade, and he said "OK, so what's your mobile #, I check and get back to you." ---> at this point, I was wondering, 2 person, same pattern, always say take details & call back. Never call back or forget to call, never apologise but shout at customer like I owe them 1 mi $$$. Now, they repeat this again?? So I was skeptical.....

So I told Mr Lim quite that I'm worried no one will call back again... and then next time I call, no one remembered I called, nothing is checked and I get shouted for nothing.

This is when his burning tone came. "I DON"T HAVE THE BOOKING BOOK!!!!! WHAT YOU EXPECT??!!! HOW DO I KNOW IF THERE"S SLOT AVAILABLE FOR YOU!! IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR DETAILS, I CHECK LATER. DON'T WANT, UP TO YOU."

Siao... I was super mad myself. Ganna scolded and shouted at 2 times. But I thought I tried 1 last time to explain that this time they better call back if they promised to. I can't keep calling but no one actually do anything to book for me.

The only thing I heard after that was just a mad person shouting over the phone and he hanged up the phone. Just like that.

I text Mr Lim to refund me my registration of $100. He agreed and I gave him my bank details. But 2 days later, he told me my info is not correct. I checked and checked and checked, he said NOT POSSIBLE. I asked him for details on what he selected, he just say CANNOT.

I asked him to try to bank teller or post a cheque to me, he say CANNOT. He say if you want you come to this place, at this time, to get yourself.

Waste my time! Not professional! Super rude! Lousy experience!

mewpinkie

Reaction score
hi guys, is anyone able to recommend a PDI who stays at Bukit Panjang with the following? Have called quite a number of PDI recommended here but none seem to fall under my category (which isn't too unreasonable!)

1. Rate of $30/hr or less
2. Auto Car (preferably less than 3 years old, if not nvm)
3. No registration fee (think this is very hard)
4. Pick up from Bukit Panjang! (super important!)

Thanks! :)

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I am a victim to unprofessional, unreliable driving instructor!

I saw a recommendation from one of the earlier postings and signed up with this instructor called Lim Boon Seng from EARN EASY DRIVING. So I decided to try....

On their website, they mentioned the price for auto car is:
Off Peak hrs: $30/hr (just last month, their website published even cheaper rate)
Peak hrs: $32/hr
Registration fee: $50

But when I got there, Mr Lim is not the instructor, recommend me another person, Mr Lee. Then they told me the registration fee is now $100. And off peak is $32/hr. Website not yet updated. Since I was there already, I thought I proceed anyway since this is a "recommended" instructor.

First lesson, the instructor kept non-stop about how horrible a drive I am, and nag non-stop or chatting on the phone. So stressful.

Second lesson, I decided to ask for another instructor, Mr Ng. He is actually very patient and understanding. I explained to him why I decide to change instructor, and he said that I'm new, should not straight away go on roads with a more traffic. We test driving at Lim Chu Kang area on this lesson, and then the subsequent lesson (3rd lesson) I stick to this instructor.. and he then took me to roads with more traffic. Very comfortable, except I noticed he usually end the lesson 15 mins earlier. But he's good, so it's not too big a problem.

Problem came when I tried to book my 4th lesson with them. I called their # 9383 5050, and this lady picked up. I think her name was Shirley or what. She's supposed to handle all the lessons booking. I told her I like to have the lesson on this date, preferably afternoon, etc. She said she can't confirm, need to check, took my details and mobile #, and said she call back. She never called back.

Next day, I called her. I explain who I was, and that I had called. She seemed not to remember a thing. I reminded her I was waiting for her call. This is when she started her tirades & shouting... "SO I DID NOT CALL YOU, YOU JUST CALL BACK! CANNOT CALL BACK, IS IT?" and as I was telling her this is not professional... she shouted even louder and the next thing I know, the phone was hanged up.

What the heck....??!!

So I called Mr Lim Boon Seng himself. Again I explained to him I called earlier to make appt, his staff say call back, never call back, I call back, reminded her, she shout at me & hang out on me.. so unreasonable, what did I do wrong to get such treatment?

I thought Mr Lim is going to say sorry la... she had a bad day etc... pls forget it etc. WRONG!!!!!!! He raised his voice to say "IF WE DON'T CALL YOU, YOU SHOULD JUST CALL BACK....." and when he finished his tirade, and he said "OK, so what's your mobile #, I check and get back to you." ---> at this point, I was wondering, 2 person, same pattern, always say take details & call back. Never call back or forget to call, never apologise but shout at customer like I owe them 1 mi $$$. Now, they repeat this again?? So I was skeptical.....

So I told Mr Lim quite that I'm worried no one will call back again... and then next time I call, no one remembered I called, nothing is checked and I get shouted for nothing.

This is when his burning tone came. "I DON"T HAVE THE BOOKING BOOK!!!!! WHAT YOU EXPECT??!!! HOW DO I KNOW IF THERE"S SLOT AVAILABLE FOR YOU!! IF YOU GIVE ME YOUR DETAILS, I CHECK LATER. DON'T WANT, UP TO YOU."

Siao... I was super mad myself. Ganna scolded and shouted at 2 times. But I thought I tried 1 last time to explain that this time they better call back if they promised to. I can't keep calling but no one actually do anything to book for me.

The only thing I heard after that was just a mad person shouting over the phone and he hanged up the phone. Just like that.

I text Mr Lim to refund me my registration of $100. He agreed and I gave him my bank details. But 2 days later, he told me my info is not correct. I checked and checked and checked, he said NOT POSSIBLE. I asked him for details on what he selected, he just say CANNOT.

I asked him to try to bank teller or post a cheque to me, he say CANNOT. He say if you want you come to this place, at this time, to get yourself.

Waste my time! Not professional! Super rude! Lousy experience!

Singapore Safety Driving Center (SSDC)
Bukit Batok Driving Centre Ltd > Home
ComfortDelGro Driving Centre
then just go any of the 3 above confirm service swee swee

1 thing i have to warn you though is that the TP test tester can even be fiercer than your private instructors
anyway, try looking for another instructor bah

Last edited:
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.