Reliable Private Driving Instructor?

zuldevil

Reaction score
hi guys, is anyone able to recommend a PDI who stays at Bukit Panjang with the following? Have called quite a number of PDI recommended here but none seem to fall under my category (which isn't too unreasonable!)

1. Rate of $30/hr or less
2. Auto Car (preferably less than 3 years old, if not nvm)
3. No registration fee (think this is very hard)
4. Pick up from Bukit Panjang! (super important!)

Thanks! :)

Not a lot of people do send-fetch.

whaleshark87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi guys, is anyone able to recommend a PDI who stays at Bukit Panjang with the following? Have called quite a number of PDI recommended here but none seem to fall under my category (which isn't too unreasonable!)

1. Rate of $30/hr or less
2. Auto Car (preferably less than 3 years old, if not nvm)
3. No registration fee (think this is very hard)
4. Pick up from Bukit Panjang! (super important!)

Thanks! :)
All sure got registration fee one.
And BBDC is like so near bukit panjang. Take bus also will reach. Still need pick up for what? And pick ups normally will eat your lesson time. Waste $

ikisantos

Reaction score
hi im L00king f0r mr chua's c0ntact number.. he is n0rmaLLy at admiraLty area.. he uses h0nda fit. heard tht he's g00d.. any0ne has his number?? i need it quite urgentLy.. thks..

ikisantos

Reaction score
Hi All

I'm looking for auto instructor at SSDC, any recommendations?

Previously was with Mr Chua, he is really nice and patient. But sadly, i decided to take up auto bcos manual is really hard for me. Throughout my 6 lessons with him, he unv once scolded me. He is really patient, pple who are looking for manual instructor, i highly recommend him.

TIA

hi pink angeL.. cn i hv his m0biLe n0 pLs?? is he at admiraLty?

IluvGaia

Reaction score
Singapore Safety Driving Center (SSDC)
Bukit Batok Driving Centre Ltd > Home
ComfortDelGro Driving Centre
then just go any of the 3 above confirm service swee swee

1 thing i have to warn you though is that the TP test tester can even be fiercer than your private instructors
anyway, try looking for another instructor bah

lousydk thanks...

I read fr forum here that there's no fixed instructor if I signed up with these schools?

Actually initially I planned to signed up with school, but I blur blur... I thot after I passed my BTT & FTT, I can sign up with schools... but they told me... even though I passed, I still need to attend lessons...
that I feel like a waste of time...

Besides I noticed that the charges by these schools are much higher than private ones....the hrly rate by school is almost 2x of private ones... that's correct right?

Last edited:

zuldevil

Reaction score
hi im L00king f0r mr chua's c0ntact number.. he is n0rmaLLy at admiraLty area.. he uses h0nda fit. heard tht he's g00d.. any0ne has his number?? i need it quite urgentLy.. thks..

Problem with your "O", "L" and Shift buttons? Sorry, this is not flowerpod. Please don't "act cute" here.

Last edited:

zuldevil

Reaction score
die die must pickup?
ur legs got problem walking?

sometimes i really dun understand why people always need pickup

lol. I have to admit, I nearly wrote a very mean reply. Then I backspaced and typed the above.

lousydk

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lousydk thanks...

I read fr forum here that there's no fixed instructor if I signed up with these schools?

Actually initially I planned to signed up with school, but I blur blur... I thot after I passed my BTT & FTT, I can sign up with schools... but they told me... even though I passed, I still need to attend lessons...
that I feel like a waste of time...

Besides I noticed that the charges by these schools are much higher than private ones....the hrly rate by school is almost 2x of private ones... that's correct right?

yea that's one disadvantage of driving school
the lessons are more expensive
cost $72 for off peak lesson and $80 for peak hr lesson at SSDC but the lesson last for 2 hours
fixed instructor ish $8 more per lesson
advantages are, you can be sure that you will learn all that you need to know
won't miss out things here and there and also the circuit practice loh
so if you're tight on money, then private is the way to go

zuldevil

Reaction score
Time to repost this from way back when (http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/49256730-post717.html).

I've mentioned this before elsewhere, but after reading a lot of the newer forum posts, I just feel the need to say this again...

I know a lot of you who are looking for PDIs are also looking for convenience. "Anyone knows a good PDI who can fetch me at my house???" I get why you ask this question, 'cause I asked this question too, way back when. I couldn't find a PDI who would fetch from under my block, so I settled with the 2nd most convenient place, at a close-by MRT station.

And the bugger who taught me turned out to be a jack-ass who can't teach $hit and really cannot be bothered to do much. I quitted him after 4 lessons (and every time I see a student with him at that MRT station, I feel like getting out of my car and telling the student to go find a different PDI!).

So I gave a chance at other instructors... Some of which are okay, some are so-so, and some can't teach properly (all wayyyyyy better than the 1st guy though!). Then I chanced upon a good one, and boy, was I relieved! Who would've thought that finding an instructor who does his job would be so hard?! And he did his job well, too!

Doesn't matter that I had to travel about half an hour out of my way to learn from him. It all paid off.

tl;dr : Look for good instructors, period. Not convenient ones.

Also, to add on to what whaleshark87 said, send-fetch wastes your money and time. Let's say you pay for 45 minutes of lesson. And let's say that the instructor is nice enough to start the lesson time when you board the car. The travel from your place to the test areas eats time where you could have learned the test routes and what to expect during your driving test. I mean, sure, you could argue that travelling there from your house will require you to drive, thus, you will still be learning.

But chances are, your travel will only consist of left/right turns and mostly straight roads. You will encounter enough of all these during your travel to the above-mentioned test areas, the private circuits and let's be honest, the 3 things I mentioned is not that hard, so why waste more time on them than necessary?

Furthermore, think of how far the private circuits or test areas are from your house. Let's say the travel time is 15 minutes. That's how much earlier the lessons will end, just so you can get home without boarding a bus/MRT. Even earlier, I would say, since the instructor will usually take up some time during the lesson to:

1) Update the driving card
2) Review the lesson (if your instructor is good enough)
3) Schedule the next lesson
4) Pay for the lesson

So you just paid 45 minutes of lesson to only get maybe 20 minutes' worth.

Just get your lazy ass off earlier and take the public transport to the instructor's pick-up point.

Last edited:

mewpinkie

Reaction score
first few posts..kenna slammed like hell. wah you guys really know how to be friendly!

well, you can't blame a girl for trying! :D

some PDI do pick up the person if he/she stays nearby..

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
first few posts..kenna slammed like hell. wah you guys really know how to be friendly!

U will get used to it :s13:
I know u are girl based on ur nick
But really la, dun bother about pickup if u wan good pdi
A good pdi is always packed on schedule so confirm no pickup service from them
U wont waste ur lesson time on the pickup also
No matter how u look, its not worth it

mewpinkie

Reaction score
bish..nothing about how i look la!!! if only life is so simple, then all my problems will be solved.. :(

ZhuTou!

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bish..nothing about how i look la!!! if only life is so simple, then all my problems will be solved.. :(

i mean how u look at it, not how u look :s13:

life can be simple
depends on how u manage only
no time... make time... book night lesson etc...
if u able to spare time for lesson, i dun see why cannot spare abit more for traveling
make ur lesson money worth by attending full duration
why waste on pickup?

whaleshark87

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Yes pick up if stays nearby, but it could only be having his first lesson of the day then can provide pickup? But serious, if you want to save $ until this state, it's not even worth it.

anjojo

Reaction score
Any good reliable instructors for both manual & auto cars?
ubi area.
pls recommend .
i am asking on behalf of my friend.

BooMooMoo

Reaction score
HAI GUYS!

I need a good class 3 pdi at woodlands SSDC. Pickup and drop at admiralty MRT station.

Reasonable price.

THANKSSSS!

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.