Which Graphics card to buy in Y2024

AXLE 3D Official

Reaction score
Rather get a 5770 or if really nvidia fan, a gts450. :\

Don't forget that if you go beyond GT440 a power supply with PCI-EX connectors are required. It would cost you another $50 to upgrade your power supply unit if your current power supply came without it.

cyberwave

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Don't forget that if you go beyond GT440 a power supply with PCI-EX connectors are required. It would cost you another $50 to upgrade your power supply unit if your current power supply came without it.

even my lousy piece of **** psu from 3years back has a single pcie 6pin... your psu 10years old? time to change loh. if not the psu may take out the 'godly' GT440 4GB when it decides to die

lyfeforce

Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Anyone who buys anything higher that a GT440 will not likely invest in an older model PSU.

AXLE 3D Official

Reaction score
even my lousy piece of **** psu from 3years back has a single pcie 6pin... your psu 10years old? time to change loh. if not the psu may take out the 'godly' GT440 4GB when it decides to die

then get somethings higher than GT440 if you already have a PCI-Ex connector on your psu :s22:

AXLE 3D Official

Reaction score
nVidia's target that the graphics card is aimed at users who want to build a HTPC system / miniPC with 3D gaming capabilities that do not disappoint.
The presence of this 440 GT will provide options for those who want the extra performance on entry-level graphics card. In our opinion, this graphics card is suitable and already more than enough for Game Center. The reason, because the graphics card can provide satisfactory performance for the casual gamer, does not require additional power, and the price is quite affordable.

Unic0rn

Arch-Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
I Have a n AXLE 460 exactly the same look as your avartar.

yellow fans~ How long is the warrenty?

Ps: i purchased in Q4 2010

Axle is okay ... My 460 1GB vRam nia but can play SC2 on Ultra and BF3 on high setting... Tho frankly I'm considering changing to 570ti or 680(EvGa)

Last edited:

commach

Great Supremacy Member
Deluxe Member
Reaction score
nVidia's target that the graphics card is aimed at users who want to build a HTPC system / miniPC with 3D gaming capabilities that do not disappoint.
The presence of this 440 GT will provide options for those who want the extra performance on entry-level graphics card. In our opinion, this graphics card is suitable and already more than enough for Game Center. The reason, because the graphics card can provide satisfactory performance for the casual gamer, does not require additional power, and the price is quite affordable.

I advice you to stop all the nonsense and advertising in the forum.

If you are able to show me another GT440 graphic card with 4 GB of v-ram with the brand Acer, Asus or Audi, i will reverse the infraction, else you will likely be P-banned for persistence advertising and trolling in the forum.

jarred1223

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

By gaming, do you mean those games that you let your 2 year old kid play? Like barbie games or something? Or maybe those educational games? Yeah GT440 is enough for those games.

noyunet

Reaction score
My graphic card just died on me today while I was trying to run diablo 3 open beta :(

Diablo beta hung while i was trying to run it, I switch off the power (coz keyboard, etc non-responsive) and when I restart pc, the startup black screen has patches of green squares all over. After the windows loading screen, the screen turns to black screen of death..

Only way I can start my pc is in safe mode and vga mode. anyways, I did some research online and it seems could be either the power supply box (psu) or the graphic card (or both?) spoil.

I have a 3 monitors setup (2 dvi on graphic card and 1 using a usb display adaptor). Could it be the reason why my graphic card fried? (due to lack of power from psu?) I'm not very good with hardware so any insight is greatly appreciated. What are the situations when graphic card can get spoiled?

My current pc spec is as such:
  • Windows XP
  • Intel® Core™2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz
  • NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS
  • VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
  • 235 MB

Very antique i know..Anyways, I will need to get another graphic card (and maybe psu?) I hope to get some suggestion please :)

I'm on very tight budget, so anything that is decent enough (minimum requirement) for diablo 3. So I can 'dong' til Windows 8 come out end of year where hopefully got money to upgrade my pc..

Will also consider 2nd hand graphic card. my main concern is compatibility.. i dun wan to buy and realize cannot work on my antique pc. If u can let me know the approximate price of the card will be great too!

Thanks many many ^_^

mousepad_88

Reaction score
Manufacturer: HP
Processor:Intel(R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU P8600@2.4Ghz
Memory Ram:4GB
NVIDIA GeForce G 105M

Judging from my system stats, which one should i upgrade so that i can play diablo 3?. I tried the beta version and it is very lag.

I am a complete computer noob please help

MoneyFace =p

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manufacturer: HP
Processor:Intel(R) Core (TM) 2 Duo CPU P8600@2.4Ghz
Memory Ram:4GB
NVIDIA GeForce G 105M

Judging from my system stats, which one should i upgrade so that i can play diablo 3?. I tried the beta version and it is very lag.

I am a complete computer noob please help
Please buy another PC. :look:

You can't upgrade anything other than RAM and HDD in a notebook.

qrsy2k

Reaction score
Getting a 1440p monitor and currently using MSI 6950 2Gb card. Which card should I get if I want to play BF3 at med~high with decent fps? Not intending to crossfire. Thanks

behling

Reaction score
i just saw the guy post gtx440 was dman funny... then see the startrek pics with facepalm + wts then mod come.... super ROFL

behling

Reaction score
played D3 when open beta.. when 4 players together fighting skeleton king + mass mobs spawn + 4 player spaming magic... FPS drop to 15 ZOMG!

Looking to upgrade GFX most impt must be able to play D3 no lower then 60FPS at 1920x1200 with all spam + mass monster + ZOMGWTFBBQ all effect spam together.

green camp red camp open to ideas.

$250-$300 enuff? or need more

Mycrus

Reaction score
Running 3x 1920x1200 monitors.

Graphic cards VRAM 2GB is enough? Or need to get 3GB ones?

You would be limited to 2x aa

Vram issues are very clear as suddenly your fps drop to 3 only.

Ive experienced it only in metro2033

zhenzhao

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm planning to use dual monitor in the future (Probably 24' and current 22'), but will only be using 1 when gaming. (it's more for surfing net while watching a full screen movie, or when development can have more screen space, etc).

For games, I mainly play RTS and turn-based strat (Civ 5, Dota2, Total War, etc). Hope to run these at decently high settings.

How much ram should the card have?

The highest end (7970 and 680) is kinda out of my range. Something around ~$300 would be perfect.

Thx in advance! :)

Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.